PDA

View Full Version : [euro] anyone fitted an alarm?

jkz
23-09-2005, 07:10 PM
has anyone fitted an alarm to their euro? i want to get one but don't know which to get :confused:

stephen8512
23-09-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah, somoene has.....i think peekay34? or VirIIx has installed an alarm that uses the original key......someone with a blue euro.....thats all i remember :p
do a search :)

EUR777
23-09-2005, 10:38 PM
talk to Strathfield if your in Sydney. i got quiktrak in mine, and it uses the original key.

euro77
23-09-2005, 10:55 PM
euroaccord13 has aftermarket alarm system using original key. PM him.

Vtec_inside
24-09-2005, 01:28 AM
ya i got after market alarm system on my euro man. i use laserline 975s . it uses a new stand alone remote. The original on the key does not get used.

In hind site if i was to use an after market alarm all over again i would be inclined to use the laserline 975 piggy back which uses the original alram.

yfin
24-09-2005, 01:33 AM
what are the benefits of an aftermarket alarm?

Presumably a break glass or motion detector in the cabin is one advantage. I think the OEM alarm only goes off if you open the door - if someone smashed my drivers' door would the alarm go off?

euro77
24-09-2005, 01:26 PM
what are the benefits of an aftermarket alarm?

Presumably a break glass or motion detector in the cabin is one advantage. I think the OEM alarm only goes off if you open the door - if someone smashed my drivers' door would the alarm go off?

If someone smashed the window, then get inside, as long as he/she didn't open/unlock the door, the oem alarm will stay quiet. That's why aftermarket alarm with shock and/or motion sensor is still the best to protect whatever you have inside your car.

starching
25-09-2005, 02:03 AM
If someone smashed the window, then get inside, as long as he/she didn't open/unlock the door, the oem alarm will stay quiet. That's why aftermarket alarm with shock and/or motion sensor is still the best to protect whatever you have inside your car.

NO, mine one is 05 euro, if someone open/unlock door, the alarm will go on but it's from horn.

EuroAccord13
25-09-2005, 02:17 AM
NO, mine one is 05 euro, if someone open/unlock door, the alarm will go on but it's from horn.

It doesn't matter if it's 03, 04 or 05, if someone breaks in through the window, the alarm (horn) will not sound.....

starching
25-09-2005, 02:21 AM
It doesn't matter if it's 03, 04 or 05, if someone breaks in through the window, the alarm (horn) will not sound.....

But I tried sitting inside the car and use remote to lock the door,
and wait for around 1 min then I open the door, the horn was on.
so what does it mean?

PERTH_EURO
25-09-2005, 10:07 AM
that is right starch, but you opened the door.
Nothing would happen if the glass was smashed entry gained, but door never opened.

Spoon-Accord
25-09-2005, 12:16 PM
i guess as long as u get one..

thats like complied to australian standards..

send me a PM.. i can hook u up with someone..

keny

Justin L
25-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm just curious as to why an alarm would deter any would be thiefs. Nowadays alarms go off all the time and no one bothers. I guess it might be useful if someone tried to break in in your own garage. Maybe a prominant alarm warning sticker would be more useful? Just my 2c.