PDA

View Full Version : carby to efi conversion

michael_antoi
24-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey guys I was just reading up on this

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/fuelpump/fuelpump.php

about installing a new fuel pump.

I'm reading up on doing an engine conversion and was wondering, to do the conversion to efi, I would need a fuel pump and fuel lines.

So when I pull out the rear seats, will I have that hole to put the new fuel pump in?

Just a little confused as to what carby engines would have...

waymad
24-09-2005, 07:28 AM
mate carby fuel tanks are diff from fuel injected tanks as fuel injected have splash guard inside of them plus they dont have the hole where the pump goes and if you did cut into the fuel tank considring its very dangerous u dont have slash guard

michael_antoi
24-09-2005, 11:23 AM
yeh i'm aware that i need to replace the tank and the pump....

would i just be placing the new tank where the old one was?

and where would i place the new fuel pump, considering there is no hole for it

Steer^Gimic
24-09-2005, 12:12 PM
once you replace the tank, there will be new holes and different mount for a pump to slot through.

and of course your going to put it where the old one was, where else are you going to put it

michael_antoi
24-09-2005, 12:16 PM
so where would the pump be mounted?

since there's no hole under the rear seats for it...

1842cc
24-09-2005, 10:44 PM
actually, i've done one, you don't have to put a fuel pump into the tank, you'll need a computer management which controls your injector, intake mainfold and injectors of course, the most important things is that you need place your fuel pump around the engine bay area and connect it directly to your fuel rail and make enough pressure to inject into your engine.

michael_antoi
24-09-2005, 11:58 PM
oh right, so instead of the fuel pump going beneath the rear seats it would just be in the engine bay.

would it only be the fuel lines that connect from the pump to the tank?

would there be any wiring in between that?

iamhappy46
27-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Or you can put the new EFI hi pressure pump(I recommend a Goss GE034 or similiar external pump) near your fuel tank somewhere with a secure bracket to hold it in place. The existing fuel line from your tank can be run to a new carby fuel filter(a EFI pre-filter) and then onto the inlet of the new EFI pump. Make sure you use new EFI fuel hose to connect your pump to your metal fuel hose that runs the length of the car. A EFI Hi pressure filter in the engine bay(Use a Z202 as small and cheap) and then onto your fuel rail.
Samll amount of wiring required to give the fuel pump power, you will need a relay to drive it properly tho.
This will satisfy any engineer and give you something that will be reliable.
I have wiring diagrams for most Honda's at my disposal, so PM if you need help with getting fuel pump power or wiring help.

michael_antoi
27-09-2005, 10:15 PM
thanks for the info mate, pm sent.

If i get the entire wiring harness for the civic, it should have the line that runs to the pump which powers it, correct?

iamhappy46
28-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Got ya PM, will send a PM reply to you for exact details.
A complete wiring harness should cover it, you will need the EFI cars 'MAIN RELAY' for it to work properly.