PDA

View Full Version : creaking noise comming from centre of dash

madjace
25-09-2005, 09:20 AM
creaking noise comming from centre of dash
I have serched this tpoice but there doesnt seem to be this problem listed ..

when i go over bumps i here a creaking noise like either something isnt done up tight enough or doen too tight , sounds like plastic on steel or maybe even plastic on metal . not sure

sounds like it is coming from the instrument centre

any one else had this ( dont really wont the dealer to try to rectify it ..

I have just picked this car up and it seemed to start at about 60 km on the clock , there is 600 kms on the clock now

Thanks

madjace
25-09-2005, 09:45 AM
here are some photos of my new car , will post some beter ones when i have my camera back

sorry guys i just dont seem to be able to upload photos here so here is a link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/madjace/album?.dir=45fd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Justin L
25-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Is it coming from the centre console ie. the HVAC or the dash itself? If it is coming from where the windscreen meets the dash, it could be the dreaded A pillar creak. I had that from delivery but got rid of it by pressing hard on the plastic strip that holds the winscreen to the A pillar. Pressing on it secures the windscreen clips which are making the creaking noise.

qmjona
25-09-2005, 09:53 PM
This sounds similar to an annoying sound I have, drives me mad!
only fairly soft, like a ticking sound, sounds like it is coming form behind / inside the air vents in the dash. Iv'e tried listing for it with the fan on/off, etc but can't pick it. Comes and goes, sometime I don't hear it for a week or so, other times its there every drive. I have mentioned it every service and took the service guy for a drive, they can hear it too - but can't fix it. they say they would have to take the whole dash out/apart to check it out properly. I haven’t asked them to do this though as I reckon if they did this there is every chance there will be new rattles, but maybe next service. VERY frustrating, in such a quite car. Good luck , let me know if you make any progress.

madjace
26-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Is it coming from the centre console ie. the HVAC or the dash itself? If it is coming from where the windscreen meets the dash, it could be the dreaded A pillar creak. I had that from delivery but got rid of it by pressing hard on the plastic strip that holds the winscreen to the A pillar. Pressing on it secures the windscreen clips which are making the creaking noise.

it sounded more like it was comming from right behind the dash , any way i did what you suggested and the noise has stopped

thanks for your sugestion it actually worked ..