PDA

View Full Version : third brake light

[XsCaPe]
25-09-2005, 06:16 PM
hey guys

removed my spoiler over the weekend, love the way it looks now.

being concious of getting defected, i wanna do something about the 3rd brake light. i noticed that even though i have the housing, there arent any wires or globes.

what have others done about this? should i splice into the tail lights and find some globes? is there some sort of wiring harness i can buy?

thanks

dudeling7
25-09-2005, 07:07 PM
When i removed my wing on my coupe i just diconnected the wire that went to the spoiler brake light and connected it to the socket for the 3rd brake light and it works fine. Should be just under the 3rd brake light housing, plug it into there.

[XsCaPe]
26-09-2005, 10:47 AM
thanks - but its different with a dc2.. dont believe the wiring to the spoiler has a 'plug'

alzteg
26-09-2005, 11:35 AM
I just got the whole assembly off a gsi.

I didn't take notice that vtir's already had the housing, just gave it to my repairer to put on when i got my type R wing installed.

If so you can just buy some LEDs and extend the wiring from the spoilers.

LO_N_SXC
26-09-2005, 12:38 PM
On my DA9 I had the same problem, the 3rd light never worked.

One day i opened the housing and noticed there were no plugs nor wires??????

What you can do is go to your local honda wrekers and ask for the wire harness or plugs for the 3rd brake light, it should be just be two plugs with a light bulb in each and it has a single wire and a plug at the very end.

The plugs with the light globes should go inside the housing and the conection at the end of the wire should just plug into the other wire that ran to the spoiler brake light.

This is what I did to mine.

Hope that helps?????

T-onedc2
26-09-2005, 08:32 PM
']hey guys

removed my spoiler over the weekend, love the way it looks now.

being concious of getting defected, i wanna do something about the 3rd brake light. i noticed that even though i have the housing, there arent any wires or globes.

what have others done about this? should i splice into the tail lights and find some globes? is there some sort of wiring harness i can buy?

thanks
You can buy the assembly from Honda, consists of 2 globes, wires and plug, all you need, costs about $40-$50. I know coz I had one priced before I found that my car still had these in place after removal of spoiler.:thumbsup: