PDA

View Full Version : Current post issues....

bennjamin
01-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Hi. My name is Ben. I am a user upon this nice forum.
But i have a problem.

There are far too many users ( if you can call them that) signing up , using our bandwidth for free posting and hosting for selling of goods. Not just their own...but almost in" commercial" level proportions.

How do we solve these" free loaders" ?

For one , enable an " minimum postage" - requiring minimum input to post in the "for sale" section etc. Its a basic idea...but i guess these guys can simply post whore until the level is met ( even in one night etc ) and continue to flog off their " umm , dis-continued car project - so i am selling 3 sets of camshafts , 2 computers, 24 sets of spoon socks " etc.

What these people dont understand ( and many of us others) is that this forum is a free (well , almost) forum that DOSENT have to exist , its only up to the very mods and creators to keep it up and running , with no profit towards themselves. ( perhaps...have a national MODs day ...umm...mabye bot :P)
And...to go through the enitre process of signing up , wiating for emails etc etc ONLY to KNOW you are here to flog off ur goods and make a cheap buck - NOT to "spread the love" to other honda lovers around just makes me feel so bad. I know people like this. Im sure you all do - not that i hate them as people BUT i hate them for their cause.

PLEASE reply to this post...as it is imperitive that we address this - as this domain can become so much more than " www.ozhonda-free-selling+profits.com "

Ben.

eknine
01-03-2004, 08:06 PM
is this the same issue that we had for discussion when we last met?

madgrk
01-03-2004, 08:06 PM
*nods and agrees*

Rowie
01-03-2004, 09:15 PM
We are looking into some methods to address issues you have mentioned.

Thanks for your input :)

bigteethygrin
01-03-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah minimum post would be good something substantial.. and if they whore massively to try to get the posts up just reset em.. and make em post pics up.. it sounds so dodgey like they have something to hide if they wont show the product to everyone.

better still instead of selling how about only allowing links to ebay auctions and if they wanna sell to us they should put it in ebay and just link it.

VTEC16
01-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks ben for posting that -i agree 100%

eknine
01-03-2004, 10:29 PM
if they can't even pay ebay asking..what makes you think anyone will be buying and what makes you think buyers will also pay the additional to buy from ebay, anyway ebay is just a portal...and avenue...

let's just say if the sellers request payment via paypal, will you do it? that mean as a buyer, you pay the additional incurred in conversion of USD -> AUD and plus the 3% most sellers imposed on collection of the money.....these are just some of the tip of the iceberg issue<laffz>

b16a_integra
01-03-2004, 10:53 PM
maybe you caould make it abit like performance forums has been for a while. when a new user registers they arent allowed to post on the for sale section for 3months. the "post whores" wouldnt wait 3months i dont think.

VTEC16
01-03-2004, 11:20 PM
maybe you caould make it abit like performance forums has been for a while. when a new user registers they arent allowed to post on the for sale section for 3months. the "post whores" wouldnt wait 3months i dont think.

I like that......it would act as a decent deterrent.......if we combined a time frame AND a minnimum number of posts, we could have an impact i think....

wynode
01-03-2004, 11:22 PM
better still instead of selling how about only allowing links to ebay auctions and if they wanna sell to us they should put it in ebay and just link it.

The Marketplace is meant to be a free service for OzHonda members to swap items Privately so I don't think thats a good idea.

The problem at the moment is with people taking advantage of this FREE service and abusing it to benefit themselves as a source of revenue.

But we are looking into this. I think the best option is a minimum of 1-3 months.

VTEC16
01-03-2004, 11:28 PM
but if its just a time limit, then these traders will just register and then use the site when the time is up. If they have to make a minimum number of posts (say 50)....then it makes it that much harder...

Rowie
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
i agree, and if they simply post whore to get the post count up. We can easily delete the spam along with their increased post count.

wynode
01-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Agreed.

So we will look at a combination of a time limit and a minimum post count.

vti-2
02-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds good to me.