PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question

Zdster
26-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I want to lower the position of my exhaust (ie it rides to high and touches my rear bumper). What is the best way of doing this?

I was thinking about re-bending the exhaust hangers? Is this the best soloution? If so, can anyone suggest the best way of doing this as the hangers look pretty thick?

bennjamin
26-09-2005, 01:12 PM
cut off the hangers, and re-weld longer ones

Zdster
26-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Mmm. That sounds complicated. The hangers that are on the exhaust seem fairly long - is there any reason not to just rebend them?

bennjamin
26-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Mmm. That sounds complicated. The hangers that are on the exhaust seem fairly long - is there any reason not to just rebend them?

Complicated ? Not at all. Simply cut the hanger at the base ( on the muffler) then re-weld longer hangers to bring down your muffler. IMO you can just "bend" teh hangers - they are steel and not easily bent

hondar
26-09-2005, 01:54 PM
I want to lower the position of my exhaust (ie it rides to high and touches my rear bumper). What is the best way of doing this?

I was thinking about re-bending the exhaust hangers? Is this the best soloution? If so, can anyone suggest the best way of doing this as the hangers look pretty thick?

buy aftermarket rubber bush for the hanger (they are longer or shorter to fit the exhaust muffler). some company provide them when u purchased the muffler.. some company put it as an option

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/hondar/vision11.jpg

Zdster
26-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Complicated ? Not at all. Simply cut the hanger at the base ( on the muffler) then re-weld longer hangers to bring down your muffler. IMO you can just "bend" teh hangers - they are steel and not easily bent

Only complicated as I dont know how to weld :p. Think I might have to get someone to do it for me. Thanks for the advice though.

Zdster
26-09-2005, 01:55 PM
buy aftermarket rubber bush for the hanger (they are longer or shorter to fit the exhaust muffler). some company provide them when u purchased the muffler.. some company put it as an option

Thanks for that Leo. Any suggestions on where I might be able to pic a pair of those up?

hondar
26-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks for that Leo. Any suggestions on where I might be able to pic a pair of those up?

what is your muffler? and what is your car? vision make aftermarket rubber bush.. for that matter :D

Zdster
26-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Hate to think how much they cost. Put it this way, it is not a vision muffler :p. It is just an aftermarket muffler on an ek hatch.

hondar
26-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Hate to think how much they cost. Put it this way, it is not a vision muffler :p. It is just an aftermarket muffler on an ek hatch.

they are $49 a pair delivered. they are made from harder material, so they dont strecth easily. :D

Zdster
26-09-2005, 03:21 PM
they are $49 a pair delivered. they are made from harder material, so they dont strecth easily. :D

What is the distance between the holes between where the muffler hanger sits and the car hanger sits (does that make sense? - I mean the holes that sit below and above the 'H' pattern in the picture you posted).

hondar
26-09-2005, 04:07 PM
What is the distance between the holes between where the muffler hanger sits and the car hanger sits (does that make sense? - I mean the holes that sit below and above the 'H' pattern in the picture you posted).

4cm in distance. size of hole is 9mm.

Zdster
26-09-2005, 06:05 PM
4cm in distance. size of hole is 9mm.

I just checked the ones that I am using and they are the same size as the ones you mentioned. I think that I might have to re-weld the hangers. Thanks anyway Leo.

hondar
26-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I just checked the ones that I am using and they are the same size as the ones you mentioned. I think that I might have to re-weld the hangers. Thanks anyway Leo.

there is one that is even further with 5.5cm gap

Zdster
26-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Mmmm. Think that it might be cheaper and easier to just re-weld the hangers.

buz138
27-09-2005, 08:40 PM
I agree..

iamhappy46
28-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Or just wedge a piece of nolathane bush into your existing rubber mount to get it to stretch a bit. MUCH simpler...