PDA

View Full Version : Confused with my own car

redkan28
26-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I just bought my DC5 few months ago and went to servicing just last week. Apparently when i bought my car, it had a lowered spring, a port filter and a change of exhaust. But as i ain't very technical about these stuff, i just bought it without realising how it will affect my car.

But when i went down to Harry's Performance last week, they told me that the port filter isn't good for the car and the lowered spring too. So wish to know what could i do? Do i have to change it back to the stock air box? If so, where could i get it from? And is it better to remove the springs? or get an adjustable suspensioN? really glad if someone could advise me

vti_ek9
26-09-2005, 09:56 PM
adjustable sussy is alwayz bettah...
and y is a pod filter bad?...exuast bad?....stop going to that harrys performance place..ahah

zco
26-09-2005, 10:02 PM
you talking about a pod filter ? and you tlaking about HANNY's performance ?!

TeMp
26-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Either go back to stock springs so that your stock shocks won't die as fast or get a matching spring + shock combo. If you want to go another level get a set of coilovers.

Im guessing the problem with the pod filter is that it is soaking in alot of engine heat and isn't doing your performance any favours. So change to another intake system.

bubblecivic
27-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Rather then changing back to the stock airbox, how about going for an Injen CAI, Comptech Intake or even Mugen and GruppeM if you have the $$$.

Tofu
27-09-2005, 09:23 AM
if you don't have the standard airbox, then there's no need to buy it...they are just as expensive as the Injen CAI...get that instead

i can bet your air intake is sucking in hot air for sure...
unlike the DC2 engine bay, the k20 engine is in the opposite direction, and the location for your air filter is right next to the exhuast manifold...
no matter how many people tell you just putting on a heat shield is good enuf for that kind of setup...it is not!

chicken8
27-09-2005, 10:16 AM
hanny's is very anti-modifications

they'll always tell u to not modify. especially robert.

u sound like u're a very easily convinced person.

the reason we do mods is for the look and sound of the car. the car looks better with lowered springs, the car sounds better with exhaust and pod filter.

more than 10% of cars on the roads have modifications to it. i doubt that these cars are breaking down more often than the cars without modifications.

nobbs
27-09-2005, 12:26 PM
as far as i know hannys doesnt like modded cars, maybe thats why they told u that

blkeuro
27-09-2005, 12:40 PM
hey redkan28 - where did you buy your teg from? from the sounds of the mods and Im assuming its a red DC5R, it sounds like it used to be mine!!!
is it just a pod filter or a CAI? FYI, the cai you can't see the actual filter but you can see the bent pipe going downwards....

Spunkymonkey
27-09-2005, 05:46 PM
hanny's is very anti-modifications

they'll always tell u to not modify. especially robert.

u sound like u're a very easily convinced person.

the reason we do mods is for the look and sound of the car. the car looks better with lowered springs, the car sounds better with exhaust and pod filter.

more than 10% of cars on the roads have modifications to it. i doubt that these cars are breaking down more often than the cars without modifications.

Robbie is just a bit old fashioned that's all ;) He says that to everyone lol :D

Boostzor
27-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Ohhhhh so thats why we do mods, all this time i was thinking it improved performance, Guess i was wrong. Silly me :rolleyes:

V-techWhore
27-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Hahhaa, i know who NOT to take advice from now.

jdmlvn
27-09-2005, 07:44 PM
go 2 hanny's..good service dere..