PDA

View Full Version : Would an ITR rear lip fit a pre face lifted (93-96) DC2?

Wazza
26-09-2005, 10:10 PM
From my understanding I already know that the front lip from an ITR won't fit a pre face lifted model due to the different front bumpers, but has anyone ever tried fitting an ITR rear lip on a pre face lifted rear bumper? Although the bumpers are different, they are very similar in terms of where the lip would be fitted...

Just as an aside, I know the answer is probably no, but has anyone tried fitting an ITR front lip to a pre face lifted model with any success?

lerroy
26-09-2005, 10:46 PM
i just ordered and recieved a Type R lip that fits a pre face lift DC2
they sell them on jdmyard.com it was 240 including shipping to aus

dont know about the rear though

T-onedc2
28-09-2005, 02:26 PM
There is actually no rear lip on a DC2R nor is there one available from Honda, do you mean the optional rear side pods which match the also optional side skirts? If so, the side skirts will fit but not so sure about the rear pods fitting the 98' onwards rear bar as it hangs a little lower than pre-facelift bumper.

Does this answer your question?:)

Wazza
28-09-2005, 02:43 PM
There is actually no rear lip on a DC2R nor is there one available from Honda, do you mean the optional rear side pods which match the also optional side skirts? If so, the side skirts will fit but not so sure about the rear pods fitting the 98' onwards rear bar as it hangs a little lower than pre-facelift bumper.

Does this answer your question?:)

Yes I was referring to the optional rear side pods. From what I can see the two bumpers appear to be very similar where the side pods would sit, which makes me wonder if they would fit my pre face lifted bumper... So no this doesn't answer the question...

T-onedc2
29-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Hey check out the pic from the rear of the white type r pictured and you'll see the pods wrap around to the rear a fair amount and so almost definitely won't line up perfectly with your bar.:thumbsup:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29176

VTECACCORD
29-09-2005, 09:07 AM
nope wont fit.

btw where did u plan on gettin em from ?

i want some for my dc2r