PDA

View Full Version : [CD5] What to replace engine with?

dundas
27-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Its a poll!!!
add your reasons etc.

DaPlaya
27-09-2005, 12:49 AM
haha why would u wanna buy wheels/sussy etc when u got no engine lmao

dc2dc2dc2
27-09-2005, 12:51 AM
definately f22b.

dundas
27-09-2005, 01:21 AM
okies, peoples who have participated..could you please give reasons below thanks.. will realli help and be much appreciated/.

|N|
27-09-2005, 01:26 AM
i go for sussy ... coz i like handling more then power

DaPlaya
27-09-2005, 01:33 AM
umm to those ppl who opted for choice number 3...the question asks what choice u would make if ur engine was stuffed...ie car wont drive. So u gonna get some sweet coilovers and mad wheels and sit in the driveway?? dundas, is part 3 a trick answer?

|N|
27-09-2005, 01:35 AM
umm to those ppl who opted for choice number 3...the question asks what choice u would make if ur engine was stuffed...ie car wont drive. So u gonna get some sweet coilovers and mad wheels and sit in the driveway?? dundas, is part 3 a trick answer?

sorry la... i didnt see that

oi if u engine is stuffed... y did u put sussy as an option??

fongyfong
27-09-2005, 01:57 AM
get h22, kit, and lower it and respray go all out man

DaPlaya
27-09-2005, 02:08 AM
sorry la... i didnt see that

oi if u engine is stuffed... y did u put sussy as an option??
forgiven :p

BiLL|z0r
27-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Option 2 cause you get a more modded car that way.

h22a accord
27-09-2005, 08:59 AM
option 1 cos the f22b is better off as a boat anchor.

bubblecivic
27-09-2005, 09:18 AM
I voted for 2 because it sounded more bang for buck.

I'd rather rebuild (means reliability), fresh respray and lowered and instead of getting a kit I'd go for rims! and ofcourse tints on them Accords!

dundas
27-09-2005, 12:47 PM
i can drive it still but the engine is stuffed.. ie bad noise and has about 1 or 2 years left. also my gbox is hurt and my clutch master cylinder has a leak...so total has about 1-2 years to live with that diagnosis/

^_^

h22a accord
27-09-2005, 01:09 PM
i can drive it still but the engine is stuffed.. ie bad noise and has about 1 or 2 years left. also my gbox is hurt and my clutch master cylinder has a leak...so total has about 1-2 years to live with that diagnosis/

^_^

Are you talking about your own car dundas?

Mike_
27-09-2005, 01:26 PM
yeah he is

well if you wanna buy a front cut from a prelude, there are some manual bits from your car that i wouldn't mind salvaging before you toss the whole lot! just brackets and bits and pieces :D

h22a accord
27-09-2005, 05:26 PM
What brackets are you after mike? Ive got the f22b outta my accord just sitting here including powersteering pump etc.

he-tec
27-09-2005, 08:05 PM
h22a fo shizzle~!

nickiipoohz
27-09-2005, 10:31 PM
all hands point to *H22A*

SIK_180
27-09-2005, 10:33 PM
dundas u know wat i would say,
sold my nissan then got a honda, Didnt like honda so its bak to nissan.
I SAY SELL IT,
Join ur friends and slide with us!!!!!!!!!!
much more fun. but NOT reliable!

Otherwise i would say, find a stock engine and kit the car, and we still can have our plan all blue, if u do i do. But there is no use getting ur car a lil bit faster. when u can still have lots of fun with the power now. But yea there is still a way that u can get ur stock engine to keep up with those h22a.

dundas
27-09-2005, 10:51 PM
i want reliability !!!

hey h22a accord cam right???
pm me about the engine etc... thanks bro-

28RAG
28-09-2005, 07:07 PM
im all about show so obviously id say option 2, all comes down to what you want, go fast or look hot

h22a accord
28-09-2005, 11:31 PM
go fast...ur not going to look hot if u got a stock accord and u paint it and fit a kit. it will look gay with and stock rims......now, from the 3 options provided which is the better choice?

dundas
30-09-2005, 02:43 PM
LOL...
i was thinking full respray, kit, low, most prob rims too

28RAG
30-09-2005, 07:32 PM
go fast...ur not going to look hot if u got a stock accord and u paint it and fit a kit. it will look gay with and stock rims......now, from the 3 options provided which is the better choice?

if u paint and kit it then its not stock is it???? and where will he go fast unless hes a regular track goer or something

SIK_180
30-09-2005, 08:23 PM
heheh i was goin to say the same thing. If getting ur car looking good aint hot, Wat do u call a engine conversion (h22a)? Ur not goin to pop ur bonnet and 90% of the ppl wont care wats under the bonnet.
Looks attract attn. Speed is just for ur sake. and for u and ur friends to know, otherwise ppl look at ur car and say pfft stock accord. and look at a kitted, lowered, nice rims and they think OHH THATS HOT.

U will also get more girls with looks not speed!!!!! Not like dundas is aiming for that thoe. hhahha

h22a accord
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
i smell a rice burner. get some decent power under the bonnet and then bling ur accord up cos then when wankers in their v8 commodores laugh at ur rice mobile u can chop em up and laugh at them.

nickiipoohz
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
a lil faster? i guarantee you mate that a JDM H22a is MUCH quicker than the F22B. plus as a bonus you get better fuel efficiency.

dundas u know wat i would say,
sold my nissan then got a honda, Didnt like honda so its bak to nissan.
I SAY SELL IT,
Join ur friends and slide with us!!!!!!!!!!
much more fun. but NOT reliable!

Otherwise i would say, find a stock engine and kit the car, and we still can have our plan all blue, if u do i do. But there is no use getting ur car a lil bit faster. when u can still have lots of fun with the power now. But yea there is still a way that u can get ur stock engine to keep up with those h22a.

h22a accord
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
a lil faster? i guarantee you mate that a JDM H22a is MUCH quicker than the F22B. plus as a bonus you get better fuel efficiency.

damn, my fuel effeciency is way worse lol.

SIK_180
03-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Well h22a accord.
Wats decent power to u? Im very sure ur accord has most mods it can have to make it fast, but how much have u spent? And i c the word BLING? so ur one of those guys that luv chromies? Im very sure u dont drag every light u can, and hu cares about those commohores. They made on power, ur made on relibility. But yes i am a rice guy but luv power to but not a bling bling guy. But if i realli want, there would b a h22a in my accord already, But then again why waste 3-4k for an extra wat? 20-40kw? Me NAH.

And nick...... is it 30-40kw or more kw added on. Thats lil faster to me, not sure about u.

Im proplery the onli guy that will argue with u guys cuz im more of a nissan guy. cuz i luv the speed and the pull. Like with that 3-4k i can make my silvia hrmmz a HEO OF ALOT FASTER!!! But i know u guys luv ur honda's. but so far i dont know much hondas can beat commohores, but even if i do c 1, i wont care. But i will care once i c a 1987civic beat a commie then i would like wat i saw.

But this here is about dundas.
Its his choice. Just leave it here and wait for newcomers and readers to reply...

dundas
03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
hha- thanks guys and mr sik180 :)
appreciate your inputs and has made me think quite a bit.
I will be getting the F22b engine and undertaking #2 of the poll, but i will most proabaly be getting some rims in addition from the input i got from others...
The note i want to point out is that we can only go so fast on the roads, and im sure in the future when i have a full time or even a part time job, ill be able to get the car i want with the power etc i require.
furthermore, there is not a better fuel economy in a H22a engine over the SOHC F22b.
Sik 180 a lot of the civic dragcars are 1987 or older.. and are ahead of the nissans scarey hey??? yes they have honda engines in them too.
anyways
its got 4 wheels, engine, goes over 100km/hr and it goes from A-to-B im sure many would be happy to just have one. like mE :D

_JENZA_
03-10-2005, 04:18 PM
its ok dunda5, you have my car :D

h22a accord
04-10-2005, 09:36 AM
go back to driving nissans sik 180 ;)

SIK_180
04-10-2005, 11:06 AM
i am. at least i dont drive my grandma's car.

b00std
04-10-2005, 11:20 AM
why not a sr20det in a accord?? if i had some extra cash i would consider it or maybe a 4g63.. purely because there is lots of bolt on goodies and is easier to make power.. and before someone says why dont you just go and buy a gtir or a vr4 or evo i could but where is the originality in that?? just imagine a 400fwhp accord pulling up to you at a set of lights:D with of course my grandma driving:D

dundas
04-10-2005, 12:18 PM
boosted what have you got in ur accord? going my ur nick your boosted accord?>??

h22a accord
04-10-2005, 05:59 PM
sik_180-

for a start, you can't make a decision based on what you think you know. You need to either own, owned or at the least, driven a h22a accord to say that it is not worth the conversion. Ask anyone that has performed the conversion and they will tell you its the best money they have ever spent on their accord.

I hope you are not the type of person that sees a hyundai excel with 19" rims, huge body kit, custom paintjob and go " oh thats so hot, i wish i had that cos then all the girls would want me so bad"

Id rather have a hyundai excel in stock form with a crazy engine conversion and turbo that runs 12's, to me that would be more respectable.

the poll was simple and it is is pretty a much a "best option" but each answer has its pro's and cons....

one option is-
make your accord pretty with a kit, paintjob and by lowering it...it will look really good but you will still be wanting more power and you will need some decent rims for it which will cost you more money. You have just spent money on a replacement motor and either spent the money getting someone to put the new f22b engine in or put it in yourself. There is nothing wrong with making you accord pretty, we all want our car to look good.

another option is-

You could put wheels tyres and suspension and it will look good and handle great but your engine will still be stuffed and you will realise that u should have spent the money on either the other 2 options.

the other option and because it is an option in the poll and IMO, the wisest, is chuck a h22a in it.

reason being is that we would all love some more power out of our accords, hell, it doesnt matter what car we drive , there is always the want for more power. even after respraying, kitting, lowering and putting wheels on your car you will be wanting more power.

You then look at what you can do to the f22b engine that you have already replaced- you can fit a header, an intake, a camshaft, a stand alone ecu, you could port the head, you fit an LSD and if u do all this you probably need to spend 4-5 grand and u still dont make power anywhere near a STOCK h22a- keep in mind that some h22a's come with an LSD from factory and to fit an aftermarket one in your f22b gear box will be at least $1500

So, you have to prioritise, fit a h22a and yeah, your accord may look stock but it will go like the clappers- there is many h22a accords out there with stock engines with simple I/H/E mods that are running quarter mile times anywhere in the 14 second range. Sure, they are not the quickest thing you can drive but they are excellent bang for your buck and they make good power from N/A and are very reliable.....pretty much bullet proof.

You then can spend the money you whould have saved by not fitting another f22b and doing mods on that...on a kit, a respray etc etc.

Judging by the poll results, most people on here already know what i have just written and have made their decision accordingly which is why they voted to fit a h22a.

the only good reason i can see why SIK-180 is telling people to kit, respray and lower you accord over fitting a h22a is that it increases your chance of getting laid. SIK-180 must be relying on the law of averages when it comes to getting laid.

SIK_180
04-10-2005, 06:31 PM
hahah u talk alot for a guy that didnt talk before, after calling me a dik from pm.
and hu said i wanted to get laid, i said attracts chicks not get fuks derrr!!!!!!
not like im a playa and a door nob.
Realli i was talking about that option 1 u were talking about if u didnt read. saying get a stock engine n do up the body then work on the engine later no. if u didnt read proplery i think u should next time before u start typing.
realli like i said in our pm convo, we stop this cr@p or i can keep on goin on.
We all know wat dundas wants and i did not force or put a gun on his head to make that choice.
At least i rather get laid then getting a higher risk from dying on the rds.
FULLL STOP. AOK? loser!!!

h22a accord
05-10-2005, 11:27 AM
take a chill pill dude.

James_101
05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
i'd definetely go option 2 :D i like show rather than go...and i dunno about honda's going fast..:P cauz i use to own a turboed car and mine was just so unrealiable compared to my accord now... honda are awsome pretty much cauz their so realiable....and who really cares about the commodores beating honda's? they will neva have the looks that honda's have...or the interior's :p but when u say paint, kit and rims what are you going to get? cauz for 3ish grand doesn't seem that all those three things will fit into your budget of 3 grand :confused:

danni_d
05-10-2005, 04:10 PM
my reason for the h22a is because it's a powerful engine already 150kw at the engine and also it's a good engine to turbo, that is if u are planning to turbo the thing. but i guess there are slight problems with doing up accords are that they're heavy and the cost is quite expensive and it's hard to find parts.. probably the only place u could find parts for the h22a would be in the US. but i still support the h22a because h22a's were MADE for accords. and plus getting parts from the US is easy. Just EBAY it! haha.

so good luck with ur engine conversion and what ever u decide to do. :) but if u put in a h22a, that'll be mad!

danni_d
05-10-2005, 04:12 PM
err.. james101... if u put a h22a into ur accord ur accord will be naturally aspirated and it will also be killing holdens. so what the eff are u on about commodores beating honda's? :P and it also depends on the driver

dundas
05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
ok guys ill be getting a F22b .. hope my engine was actually stuffed up. IF not oh well still change my gbox/tranny as i know that is FKD to the max.
With the body work etc, ill be sand ing the car down myself with a mate who is really nice guy :). so the labour will be so much cheaper. I will most probably buy 2nd hand rims as i cbf getting new ones :). lowering not sure if i want really good springs with stock shocks or what.. since i just want it looking sexi for the time being. :)
as for performance. If i wanted performance id get a 180, silvia, 200 or r32. or just a phat V8. anyways... i might even turbo the accord in time next year to kick sum butt. But i really prefer to keep "Stayin alive staying alive.." anyways. I respect the people fond of the H22 engine but i think i might skip it.
by early next year hope my car is a sexi beast :)

James_101
05-10-2005, 11:43 PM
danni d - evidence of accords with a h22a beating commodores? what sort of time are you going to run with a h22a in a accord?

SIK_180
06-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Yea dundas i very strongly agree with sum1 in ozhonda. want speed then go for a turbo. Yea i do respect guys that have h22a in the accords 2, and n e other cars with engine conversion that r different.

sorri this is off topic again, hahah
Yea just want to know, like james. ive havent seen a accord h22a or even a prelude vtir beat a v8, I tell ya my old 180 stock beat a 98 vtir prelude, was my bro inlaws friend and he went all out, and his like 25 so he knows how to drive. lost him in 2nd gear by far. Wat kinda commie would a h22a beat? Im hoping u would say a VT upwards. But as u said 150fwkw thats pritty tough for N/A power. but why didnt it beat a 106rwkw 180?
(talking to danni d here not u h22a accord plz)

id like to c u own a v8 dundas, ur wallet will hurt for sure.

dundas
06-10-2005, 01:19 AM
hey sik_180/// they said 150kw @ engine.
man i aint ever gonna try own a v8. got my ass whooped 2wice thinking i did a shit start. but no he just had a powerful car.. and damn auto ass foot down no wheel spin stupid traction controll LOL.. oh wells.

Benji
06-10-2005, 12:28 PM
so all the ppl saying spend $4-6k(whatever) so you can beat a commodore/turbo car, when you do it do you think to yourself,

'ahhh, i just beat that guy in a street race, man it feels good that i spent a lot of money to do it'

what's the point? you'll never see the other guy again after those few seconds or maybe you will then you can talk about how you beat him that time, wow. grow up guys. spend the money on something that will benifit you. all those guys that do this kinda crap then crash there cars, i just laugh, you spent all that money to make me feel good in the end.

James_101
06-10-2005, 01:01 PM
oooh snapped...like the way u think Benji

danni_d
06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
james101... i have seen h22a accords beat commodores. so don't question my knoledge.

James_101
06-10-2005, 01:11 PM
no doubt...Lol

h22a accord
06-10-2005, 01:47 PM
an accord with JDM h22a will always be faster than a prelude vti-r as a JDM engine is a better engine ( more power) and an accord is a lil bit lighter.

A friend of mine that owns a car yard lent me a manual 99 prelude vti-r while i was doing my engine conversion, i had the car for a few weeks and i can say that while the lude went well, it had nothing on a h22a accord.

Until you guys drive a h22a accord you cant make assumptions on how they perform.

h22a accord
06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
so all the ppl saying spend $4-6k(whatever) so you can beat a commodore/turbo car, when you do it do you think to yourself,

'ahhh, i just beat that guy in a street race, man it feels good that i spent a lot of money to do it'

what's the point? you'll never see the other guy again after those few seconds or maybe you will then you can talk about how you beat him that time, wow. grow up guys. spend the money on something that will benifit you. all those guys that do this kinda crap then crash there cars, i just laugh, you spent all that money to make me feel good in the end.

for a start, you shouldnt stereotype all people that do performance modifications to their vehicles- FYI i have never crashed my car in my 10 years of licenced driving.

secondly, you ask what's the point? well, when the diff in my f22b powered accord broke and got quotes to fix it i thought to myself "why not spenD the extra 2 grand over just fixing what was broken and put a better engine and gearbox in it".

There is no need for engineer's certificates and it doesnt affect insurance premiums unlike fitting turbo kits etc.

Hmm, fitting an engine with an extra 43kw of power over an f22b with only 60000km, an LSD, "real vtec' as opposed to that shitty SOHC variety, an engine that will pull your accord up any hill on the freeway with 3 passengers and luggage and aircon switched on, without having to change out of 5th gear to maintain 110kph all day long .....or taking the car to the drags and running consistant mid 14 second E.T's in street trim all day long.

I dont see why u think that this could not benefit anyone?

Benji
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
i was going to put a disclaimer in my post to cover the sensible ppl like you. I would also do the conversion if i was in the same situation but beating others in the street or 1/4 mile times wouldn't be part of my reason for doing it. i agree if your motors gone may as well replace it with a better one.

i was mainly aiming it at the young idiots who need to make themsleve feel like men by racing, then blaming the road etc when they crash but actually they were just driving irresponsibly.

NayNay
06-10-2005, 04:20 PM
just put a H23A in and work the fcuker! or even betta sell it and buy a nissan! :D

redB
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
I was in a similar situation, my 96 accord Vti was just *&(&^&* in general. Engine was at 192k, auto gearbox had a few issues when cold between 3rd and 4th (wasnt pleasant feeling or sound)

Thing was the car looked nice still, had 17in wheels, and a alpine sound system, so I got the f22b and gearbox replaced. I also had the car raised again so I changed the suspension got some KYBs and new springs, the roads here are bloody shocking so I kinda had to , nothing worse than a scrape.

I didnt go the H22a option, firstly because it was hard to get at a decent price in Perth and also because its hard to know how they have been treated since its such a great engine. Bit of a safer bet with an f22b usually.