PDA

View Full Version : service the integra type R DC5

bernie
28-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey there all, i need a major service done on my integra at 80000kms.
Honda is charging me $800, is this reasonable?? or should i get it done elsewhere. OR when it comes to integras (sports cars) should only Honda be the 1 to touch these cars for they are the only ones that really know what they they're doing??

thanks guys

_CiVIC_
28-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Dude if it was me, i'd book it with Honda, even though some people might come on here and say "they do the same thing everywhere" i still want that piece of mind that it was serviced by Honda. They use genuine Honda parts, that is why you are paying so much firstly, and also they charge a fair bit on labour, but the techs they have know what they are doing.

Its a major service and its $800, might sound a little steep, but you will feel better knowing that it was taken care of by a tech specific to that car.

bubblecivic
28-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Ok I've just deleted my whole post cause I just saw your location.

Maybe try asking how much they would charge for labour if you were to supply all the parts?

TeMp
28-09-2005, 01:26 PM
they charge a fair bit on labour, but the techs they have know what they are doing.

First service - The didn't put the brake cylinder lid on properly and the fluid spilt everywhere. Lucky I spotted it early or else I would be finding myself with no brakes later........

Second service - The didn't put the radiator cap back on properly and when I opened my bonnet i found a round dent under where my radiator cap bounced on and luckily back on to the radiator. Also coolant was all over my engine bay.

For your info the use apprentice for services... but sighz... I still go for the resale value and also warranty...

RyDC5S
28-09-2005, 02:13 PM
My oil filter was leaking.

Incompetent I tell you.

TGP26
29-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone has an idea what sort of money ill be up for next week for my service,they have to check the valves etc.In the past this place has done a good job and am reluctant to go to any other place.The car is a lot of fun and have had no mechanical trouble with it either.I noticed someones 80km is costing 800 mine couldnt be that much surely and yes its a honda mechanic on it no apprentices or anything as its a small workshop.
Tim

Speeder
29-09-2005, 08:33 PM
To be honest, most Honda service and most dealer services are outright rip off with a service to match. I have done work experience with a few different mechanics and was not happy with most Dealer service. I have not once been happy with any dealer service, thats why I don't use any. Most dealer service treat customer's car like garbage.
Now I take it to a friend who owns a mechanic shop and that is a piece of mind, because I can actually see them doing the work, and I help out changing pads and things on side that needs to be done. And I can take in my own oil, oil filter etc, so if i wanted to fit factory parts, I buy it from Honda and take it there. They dont go thrashing your car either for a 'test' drive like what most/all service does, as I have seen so many mechanics thrashing customer's cars for fun, and even if they find anything not right, they just smile and say nothing is wrong. Yeah whatever.

SAWAKITA
02-10-2005, 02:12 AM
.... so many mechanics thrashing customer's cars for fun, and even if they find anything not right, they just smile and say nothing is wrong. Yeah whatever.

Agree, I take my car to my own mechanic and I can also watch them do things and ask questions. Most important thing is the TRUST after been with him for 7 years+.

To those worry about resale value: How much can you get more? 500? 1000 or 2000??

To those worry about warranty: as long as your car is service at the time it should be and stamped, then the warranty remain. Doesn't mean you must go to HONDA service to remain the warranty.

TGP26
06-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I just got my car back from its 40km service and must say it runs much smoother than before although its always ran fine just that lately ive heard a few rattles and skweeks that were a bit annoying just wear and tear but now its all tuned and all the parts changed it runs perfectly they even gave the motor a clean aswell.One thing i noticed is how much more responsive the brakes are now that the brake fluid has been changed whereas before they were starting to feel a bit spongey.All up it cost $480.Not cheap but atleast this particular place does a good job and havent had any hassles with things like leaks etc.Tim

jnc
16-10-2005, 11:52 PM
yea...take it to your own mechanic. if you dont have one...ask your mates to recommend you to one.

Jomsy
17-10-2005, 11:21 AM
if your worried about your log books looking good in the future just get Honda to do a basic service (Oil and filter) to get the stamp , they will slug you around $150~200 then get the other stuff done with someone else

sort of sound dodgy, but so is honda service prices

zco
17-10-2005, 11:33 AM
this is my opinion.

1-service at honda.
you get charged a shit load of money.
they SHOULD do a proper job
they use genuine honda items
warranty is not void if something goes wrong
you get the stamp which has greater value for resale

2-service yourself/at garage
cheaper
you can can ensure that you did a proper job (if you do it yourself and know what you aer doing)
it might take longer the first time (if you do it yourself) but then you will learn more and you will service it quicker next time.
you dont get that stamp from honda.
warranty is void.
you have no one to blame but yourself if you do it.
garage should be quick. for instance.. hanny's will do a service like that in about 20-30minutes

my choice. do it yourself. LOL

DC5R8
17-10-2005, 01:57 PM
where are located?in melb??i suggest u go to the workshop like chasers
www.chasers.com.au

Moya
18-10-2005, 01:25 PM
I'd rather go somewhere with a 30+ year old mechanic will work on it, and will also sign the books.

Dealers are bad. Dealers employ youth training and apprenteces to do most of the shit jobs (minor/major services) which is why alot of people have problems with it. High stuff like 100k service I'd go to the dealer, but other than that I wouldn't bother.

This is for everyone, I got mates working everywhere from Holden/Ford to BMW in Service and they are 20-21 with little expereince getting paid SFA and learning as they go.

Chuckz
19-10-2005, 11:07 AM
damn, i took it to honda this morning, but hopefully it should be fine