PDA

View Full Version : Micro Compressor

ngupil
28-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Is there anyone who is using a micro compressor on their Euros or perhaps in any other car??

In case anyone don't know what micro compressor is, micro compressor is an add-on aftermarket part similar to a compressor in mercedeses.It improves the power output and fuel consumption.

BiLL|z0r
28-09-2005, 07:25 AM
I thought the compressor in merc's were what we call super chargers? It was just a small 1 to run low boost.

madjace
28-09-2005, 08:37 AM
my workmate has an 05 180 compressor and from what we can gleem from looking under he bonnet it seems to run via hydrolics ,,

Tobster
28-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Merc Kompressors are supercharged -- what sort of supercharger, I don't know...

euro1978
28-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Merc use a belt driven supercharger.

It has absolutely nothing to do with a 'compressor'

Kompressor is a german term for supercharger.

Now close this shizen housen thread.

madjace
28-09-2005, 10:42 AM
where does the belt come from , seriously , there doesnt seem to be any belt that connects to anything that would force induction , just hyraulic hoses

euro1978
28-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Its not exposed.

If you pulled some bits off you would see it.

Regards

sodaz
28-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah it's just a supercharger with a different name.

ngupil
28-09-2005, 04:54 PM
I Just found my micro compressor a minute ago. Below is the information taken from the information sheet of my micro compressor.

What is it and what it does?
Super compressor, as the name suggests operates using the technology resembling to that currently applied by Mercedez Benz, a well known German car manufacturer. It consists of a set of 100% fully running component that greatly helps in the compression and the force of air to drawn into the cylinder. Consequently, this will directly increase the quantity of air and pressure and thereby causing the air to draw in much more compressed and faster.
An internal combustion process within engine could be viewed as well as a sophisticated air pump. At the time during the opening of the cylinder valve, the mixture of air and fuel will rapidly enter the combustion room in a high pressure. The more pressure and quantity of air together with a propotional amount of fuel is then compressed, ignited, and expelled.
A super compressor system compresses and forces more air into a cylinder that it could take under atmospheric conditions. The more quantity of air, air pressure and fuel in a cylinder, when ignited, the more powerful the resulting explosion.

What about fuel economy?
During idle and cruise, the compressor is bypassed, so the engine would behave as it would normally. If you force 50% more air into an 3.2L engine, it will perform like an 4.8L engine! In essence, it only forces more air into the engine as you desired.
More importantly, the effect helps to promote more complete internal combustion resulting in a better running engine and reduced carbon emissions. It is like having two engines in one vehicle, the power of an 4.8 L when you want it, the economy of an 3.2L through the rest of the time.

Tobster
29-09-2005, 10:39 AM
You're still talking basically about super-charging -- and it needs something to run it. A turbo spins from the exhaust gasses and sucks more air into the cylinders. A supercharger (or "blower") is powered by the engine and forces more air in. I'd be very careful though: there are some dubious products (mainly electrical) out there that claim to have benefits of forcing air into cylinders, but in reality there is no way they can actually shift the amount of air required -- in a sense, they're a con.

What particular product are you talking about?

sodaz
29-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I Just found my micro compressor a minute ago. Below is the information taken from the information sheet of my micro compressor.

What is it and what it does?
Super compressor, as the name suggests operates using the technology resembling to that currently applied by Mercedez Benz, a well known German car manufacturer. It consists of a set of 100% fully running component that greatly helps in the compression and the force of air to drawn into the cylinder. Consequently, this will directly increase the quantity of air and pressure and thereby causing the air to draw in much more compressed and faster.
An internal combustion process within engine could be viewed as well as a sophisticated air pump. At the time during the opening of the cylinder valve, the mixture of air and fuel will rapidly enter the combustion room in a high pressure. The more pressure and quantity of air together with a propotional amount of fuel is then compressed, ignited, and expelled.
A super compressor system compresses and forces more air into a cylinder that it could take under atmospheric conditions. The more quantity of air, air pressure and fuel in a cylinder, when ignited, the more powerful the resulting explosion.

What about fuel economy?
During idle and cruise, the compressor is bypassed, so the engine would behave as it would normally. If you force 50% more air into an 3.2L engine, it will perform like an 4.8L engine! In essence, it only forces more air into the engine as you desired.
More importantly, the effect helps to promote more complete internal combustion resulting in a better running engine and reduced carbon emissions. It is like having two engines in one vehicle, the power of an 4.8 L when you want it, the economy of an 3.2L through the rest of the time.

Yep that's the definition of what a supercharger is. Do a search and you'll find some info on the comptech supercharger. Turbo is better for power but supercharging is more realistic for everyday use.

yfin
30-09-2005, 12:51 AM
any chance you are talking about a hiclone?

Stan
30-09-2005, 01:21 AM
yea i think hes talkin bout that...the "thing" that increase air flow efficiency and lowers fuel consumption...

Stan
30-09-2005, 01:26 AM
i have seen this product which is the cyclone like fan in the middle like a turbine where u instal em at ur air intake system where it forces more air into the system which makes stronger air flow and thus act also to reduce fuel consumption...however this thing doesnt really have much effect...

sodaz
30-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Problem is Mercs don't use hiclones. The Comptech supercharger is still not available for the Euro yet right?

yfin
30-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Problem is Mercs don't use hiclones. The Comptech supercharger is still not available for the Euro yet right?

I think some do actually! See http://www.fuelsaver.com.au/hiclone.php

Anyway - I think this is what the thread starter is talking about.

madjace
30-09-2005, 09:44 AM
I am not goign to assume what the thread starter meant , but from what he wrote those wind tunnel devices are nothing like the kmpressor in the mercs ( essentially they are a forced induction method that runs off the motor)

sodaz
30-09-2005, 10:19 AM
I think some do actually! See http://www.fuelsaver.com.au/hiclone.php

Anyway - I think this is what the thread starter is talking about.

Yeah it's hard to guess what he's talking about. But either way the hiclone doesn't compress air like the supercharger. It claims to increase airflow only. And i'm pretty sure Kompressor means supercharger.

yfin
30-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Agree -Ngupil please clarify what you are talking about. You say you have some documentation - can't you post a link to what it is?

Otherwise I will need to take euro1978's advice about this being a shizen housen thread and close it. :D

ngupil
30-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Agree -Ngupil please clarify what you are talking about. You say you have some documentation - can't you post a link to what it is?

Otherwise I will need to take euro1978's advice about this being a shizen housen thread and close it. :D

Sorry I've been very busy in a last few days, and havent got the chance to post. It is pretty hard to explain it, but its not the hiclone. It is pretty hard for me to explain it, because I'm not too familiar with engine stuff. I had scanned the installation chart to help you guys understand what I'm talking about, but i can not upload the pic because the quota for upload is too small. If I make the image size smaller, then I'm affraid that the picture is too small even to see. any suggestion on uploading pic?

aaronng
30-09-2005, 02:38 PM
try imageshack.us for hosting.

euro1978
30-09-2005, 02:38 PM
For the eleventy billionth time.

Its a supercharger.

EuroAccord13
30-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Interesting but Vague topic...

I'm moving this to the Technical Section.....

euro1978
30-09-2005, 03:05 PM
should have moved it to the technically challenged section instead ;)

sodaz
30-09-2005, 06:25 PM
For the eleventy billionth time.

Its a supercharger.

Ditto.

carbine
03-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Kompressor is compressor in german.

Which is what a supercharger is, a belt driven compressor.

PhatSol
04-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Merc use a belt driven supercharger.

It has absolutely nothing to do with a 'compressor'

Kompressor is a german term for supercharger.

Now close this shizen housen thread.

Thats it. :thumbsup:

crxzzR
09-10-2005, 12:32 AM
HEY! Attach a 15cm 12V high rev computer fan to ur intake.. then u got a micro compressor =)