PDA

View Full Version : amp and sub question

jared
28-09-2005, 03:11 PM
has anyone had the same problem i had installed the amp and sub (amp mtx) sub pioneer 1200 watts and ****ed up ya rca outputs in the back of ya head unit...i had a pioneer1750 so now i have run my amp rca wires though a converter which is wired into me speaker wires...not as much bass as before really dissapointed...would getting a amp say a 500-800 watt amp make the bass more noticable instead of my 300 watt amp or will the bass sound the same becasue it has to be run through the speaker wires...and one other question if i got a 4 channel amp does it require two sets off outputs on the head deck to run or can i run two converters into me speaker wires

cheers

VTECACCORD
28-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I dont understand a thing your saying, can you retype what you your question is using the following.

Paragrpahs. commas, and full stops

Then i may be able to help you out

jared
28-09-2005, 04:45 PM
soory mate hear ya go
1)(amp mtx) sub pioneer 1200 watts on a pioner head unti 1750
2)ha anyone had there rca outputs ****ed on the head unit by your amp leads
3)so now i have run my amp rca wires though a converter which is wired into me speaker wires
4)not as much bass as before really dissapointed...
5)amp say a 500-800 watt amp make the bass more noticable instead of my 300 watt amp
6)or will the bass sound the same becasue it has to be run through the speaker wires...
7)4 channel amp does it require two sets off outputs on the head deck to run or can i run two converters into me speaker wires

hope this helps sorry about me grammer aye not good at english at school lol

DEFNYA
30-09-2005, 10:22 AM
buy another headunit and dont run a converter, you could have stuffed your rca's on the back of the unit by not having a proper earth on your amp, therefore the next place the amp looks for earth is your rca's.

VTECACCORD
30-09-2005, 11:55 AM
yes agree with the above comment, it sounds like ur wiring is done completely wrong.

vividjazz
30-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Don't use the speaker outs on the head unit. If you've blown the RCAs on the head unit it might have also suffered other damage. Check all your wiring before getting the head unit repaired or replaced.