PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new to tegs - found a 91 LS, help out plz

zoopsta
28-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi guys,

My bro is buying a 91 integra LS, but its only going for $4000.

Now i have not personally seen it but my dad and bro have and said it drives fine.

However, i cannot believe it, i swear there is something wrong - the question is:

What usually goes wrong with integra LS's?
The km's are just over 200,000km

My dad consistently says its a bargain, the car is fine, etc blah. I still dont believe it.

cheers

A-man
29-09-2005, 01:10 AM
mine was 6k

it was a 92 but

kms were 225000 or somethin

drives fine needed service and detailing done now and looks great..

i had a boot leak (Tossers who fitted the towbar was the reason y that happened...) ummm and i got a leak coming in near my feet aswelll gotta get that fixed but besides that i havent seen anythin wrong wit it

dc2dc2dc2
29-09-2005, 01:30 AM
price is quite normal for an LS these days. Not really much issues apart from kmz just make sure its been looked after. U probably get common problems like lots of rattling but eh...u get use to it. good luck on the purchase.

baby_c
29-09-2005, 02:13 AM
just because price is "low" it doesnt mean theres something wrong =) the owner just prob wants it gone or there might be some rust here or there but the price isnt bad ...!!!

DOSHBTEK
29-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Mehhhh... sounds about right for an LS... old car, high kms, mite as well go for an EG

2NTICN
29-09-2005, 11:50 AM
persnonally i think the kms are a lil high but for $4k it sounds like an alright deal. If its been well looked after it should still have a fair bit of life in it. You would usually be looking at between $6-8k for a good condition LS. Take into account what parts have been changed tho. Id recommend finding out when the radiator was replaced in the teg, coz if it hasnt yet, it will be soon!!!

tinkerbell
29-09-2005, 01:05 PM
What usually goes wrong with integra LS's?

not much,

proably first thing would be cooling system, ie radiator & water pump, check to see if the coolant is green or brown/orange...

also make sure you know if the timing belt was changed at 150'000km

and if so - was the water pump changed too?

if not, you might need to consider a major service when you get it,

at that price you could afford to spend 1000 on a service once you buy it...

wkdteg
29-09-2005, 01:13 PM
i bought my 89 LS for 4300 with 185 on the clock. admitedly, it had a lil trouble with it. mainly the fact that the previous owner tried 2 install an alarm, which interfered with some of the lighting, but that is beig resolved.
apart from that, the car was freshly respraid, and the body seemedi n great nick apart from a loose bumper (not such a big deal).
like tinkerbell said, ur better off taking it to get a major service with the money u save on it. moreover, ude want 2 take it 2 get its suspension checked and an alignment while ur at it. just 2 b safe
cheers

zoopsta
29-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh ok,

Well sounds ok then.

Yeah my dad said the radiator has to be replaced - is the major service for this car at 150,000 or 200,000?

There are also a couple of dints on the passenger side door and ill check for rust too of course.

Also, what's the fuel efficiency like for this car? about 10L/100km?
Thanks

wkdteg
29-09-2005, 02:28 PM
fuel efficiency, depends how u drive. my car is a manual, and on a full tank ive gotten about 550+ on a tank (50L), with average shift point of 3000rpm. goin over every now n then. im sure i could probably do more.

Flanderz
29-09-2005, 03:36 PM
yeah it depends, mine was 4K but with problems eg, transmission, minor RHQP Damage, some paint blisters & then the head gasket went on me. but it did come with other things as well, eg rims, exhaust, system, stering wheel etc. so just check the car out from top to toe.

Jnr_Mint
29-09-2005, 08:52 PM
ENGINE/ GEARBOX CLAPPED!! I bet if u give it to the car the thing wont respond... im telling ya buying a teg for 4K is buying a like buyin a lemon.....i dunno where u guys see them for 4k but you get wat u pay for so if ur paying cheap dollars expect problems!!!!

ask yourself this: on average a teg LS is about 7K (for a good 1) so if u had a so called "good teg" would U sell urs for 4... u wouldnt!!!!
buy 1 with less k's because once the hondas get over 200,000 problems will occur heaps more... avoid dramas DONT BUY IT!

DHOCHKG
29-09-2005, 09:33 PM
i think 4K is alrite i found one 1992 LS done 125000Km goin for 6300 with RWC and rego..
my ex-LS i got cooling system problem, radiator need to replace cost me like 300 2 year ago then the CV joint make sure u check carfully for the noise...!
other than that i think integra is good car...eating less fuel but will do the preformance..!
Again..u get wat u pay for...!
Good Luck

Cr@ckerJ@ck
30-09-2005, 12:15 AM
DO IT!! I loved my 89LS it was an awesome car for over 110,000km then sold it @ 200,000 for $5k in 2003. Lots of rattles and stuff but meh....music^ :)

zoopsta
30-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Haha,

Wow more replies than i expected, thanks heaps for those who contributed.

Yeah im gonna be checking it out on saturday, ill let you know what i find out!

cheers

A-man
30-09-2005, 12:30 AM
yeh mine had been serviced all the time

everytime new plugs,
good oil
etc.

it had a new dizzy and radiator aswell my box seems to b alrite

i was lookin at swaping for a vtec donk aswell after (but dad rekons donk was good)

i rekon its a good find man im spewing i paid 6k now lol

(i have same prob wit the lighting and the alarm system some tosser installed mine to)

Stan
30-09-2005, 12:40 AM
4k is possible if u really got a good bargain...got a mate got one for 4200...drives fine..

wkdteg
30-09-2005, 02:21 AM
A-man... u fixed ur lights? if so, how?
ive got a pager alarm with the lot ready 2 go in, so ill probably take it 2 a sparky and get them 2 sort all my electronics outin 1 go, and charge me an arm and a leg. but at the end of the day... ive still saved myself money buyin the car at 4300.
zoopsta... u might want 2 check if the car has been in an accident... might b another reason y its so cheap.

FR33K
30-09-2005, 05:45 PM
expect rattles !!
and... expect to change cvs every now and again and again
gbox bearings might be a bit loud.. so listen for them

A-man
01-10-2005, 01:36 AM
um nah i havent its hell weird hey

ummm
mines had a bingle in the ass but besides that its fine the smash repair done on my car has been pretty good though.... its been touched up where the stone chips r and they have gone black now so all that stuff is gettin fixed when i get the time aswell

would u guys put a b18c into it or leave it???

also i have a problem in the dash where there is a water leak i cant find it (prob because i havent had time to fix it straight out) but only leaks when its been sitting in the rain and then u drive it... when u drive it downhill or give it a bit it leaks so it has to move the water back... any ideas?

shifte
01-10-2005, 04:33 PM
as a-man said the only prob that i can think of off the top of my head is the leaky boot leak were ur feet r and also sumtimes boot lid rattling....all are easily fixed if u need inf to fix them just pm me....

gumbel
02-10-2005, 11:41 PM
i bought mine for 3500, engine ok, but bodywork very bad, some rust here and there, small dent here and there. overall you get what you pay. :)