PDA

View Full Version : looking at buying a car?

KOV
29-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey peoples had range of cars from hsv's to a r32gtr looking to go to NA POWER!

Had a quick look at a 02 DC5R will go for a better drive on the weekend,

any pointers would be much appreciated..

overall condition of the car is great travelled 80ks all i could fault was right side of the driver seat was wearing out apart from that want a better drive of it.

Regards Kov

KOV
29-09-2005, 04:55 PM
any help out there?

Felix
29-09-2005, 05:07 PM
DC5R is a great car with great potential.

Just dont expect it to be as quick as your HSV's or GTR. while it may have potential to be that quick, it will require lots of $$ and time. Bolt on mods wont produce as much gain as your gtr or HSV either.
But you probably allready know this if you've driven one.

Also the recaro seat that you say is wearing out. If you ever want to replace these then your looking at huge $$.

Boostzor
29-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeh u are going to miss the push u back in ure seat power but you are going to love the "chuckability" of the teg. It can be thrown around way more than the bigger cars.

As felix said they are a pain in the butt to mod. Cant just strap on a solenoid and a filter and boom, it does sfa.

And if ure tall it could be a problem, im 6'1" and i just fit on low hair days, then again my rib cage is too big for the bnr32 seats, so they are damn uncomfotable too.

bubblecivic
29-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Redline will be just abit further then your previous cars :P

Nothing's better then revving to 8000k Hehe.

Pointers? Umm Recaro wear is very common so you can expect that with most Recaros. Check for service history definitely, I can't think of any other faults with them really. I guess accident history is another and last but not least do a REVS check. They are a very reliable car and no doubt you will enjoy it as a everyday car.

Boostzor
29-09-2005, 06:17 PM
hehe yeh 8k does rock.

Just remember that when the vtec kiks in u only have 2k to play with not the 5k ure used to with turbos. My first week or 2 i was bouncing off the limiter all the cause i would wait for the power and then think there was heaps left.

KOV
29-09-2005, 11:27 PM
DC5R is a great car with great potential.

Just dont expect it to be as quick as your HSV's or GTR. while it may have potential to be that quick, it will require lots of $$ and time. Bolt on mods wont produce as much gain as your gtr or HSV either.
But you probably allready know this if you've driven one.

Also the recaro seat that you say is wearing out. If you ever want to replace these then your looking at huge $$.
totally understand the less power,mates has a s2000 and his brother a 98 prelude so im a little keen on vtec!!

ive always been a honda fan and im not really fussed about less power ass long as it handles with a little go il be happy..
yea those recaros are much hugier and tighter than the gtr seats, would be prone to more wear out quicker...

KOV
29-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeh u are going to miss the push u back in ure seat power but you are going to love the "chuckability" of the teg. It can be thrown around way more than the bigger cars.

As felix said they are a pain in the butt to mod. Cant just strap on a solenoid and a filter and boom, it does sfa.

And if ure tall it could be a problem, im 6'1" and i just fit on low hair days, then again my rib cage is too big for the bnr32 seats, so they are damn uncomfotable too.
yea i think i can settle for less g force as long as the handling is as good or better than the gtr,lucky im of a slim build so the seats arent too squashy..

Felix
29-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Handly will be much better then ya old gtr! Apart from the obvious fact that the dc5r is front wheel drive and the gtr 4wd...

KOV
29-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Redline will be just abit further then your previous cars :P

Nothing's better then revving to 8000k Hehe.

Pointers? Umm Recaro wear is very common so you can expect that with most Recaros. Check for service history definitely, I can't think of any other faults with them really. I guess accident history is another and last but not least do a REVS check. They are a very reliable car and no doubt you will enjoy it as a everyday car.
i gota go for a proper drive on the weeknd took it for a spin around the block during the week with too much traffic around, yep will do the usaul check mates said most honda's are quality so shouldnt have any dramas

KOV
29-09-2005, 11:42 PM
hehe yeh 8k does rock.

Just remember that when the vtec kiks in u only have 2k to play with not the 5k ure used to with turbos. My first week or 2 i was bouncing off the limiter all the cause i would wait for the power and then think there was heaps left.
yea my mate in his s2k has the luxury of a bit more vtec bastard...

is it me or these things have to be given full revs in first and then 2nd will take off?
as i said didnt have much room to open it up noticed as i gave it out of second up to around 6.5k and it seemd a little laggy?
i know you cant compare it to turbo just wanna know so my second drive il have a clear mind..

KOV
29-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Handly will be much better then ya old gtr! Apart from the obvious fact that the dc5r is front wheel drive and the gtr 4wd...
yea id have to get used to fron wheel gtr had awsome handling for a 92 model and ive been told these things are really good through windy bends etc

DOSHBTEK
30-09-2005, 12:14 AM
there's a red one on carsales with around 40Ks on the clock for $27K i think?? its a melbourne car... sounds like a bargain...

KOV
30-09-2005, 03:36 PM
there's a red one on carsales with around 40Ks on the clock for $27K i think?? its a melbourne car... sounds like a bargain...

theres a couple of red ones dont look bad at all...

baggins
30-09-2005, 05:11 PM
If you are looking for a bolt on turbo kit, take a look at AVO turbo world.
They are based in Melbourne and i hear they do pretty good kits.

Their website is www.avoturbo.com

good luck!

KOV
03-10-2005, 09:49 AM
If you are looking for a bolt on turbo kit, take a look at AVO turbo world.
They are based in Melbourne and i hear they do pretty good kits.

Their website is www.avoturbo.com

good luck!

Nah it will be a daily driver, my mate put a avo kit on a swift gti went good but driveability problems,
suprised with the torque on the dc5r should be plenty for the street..