PDA

View Full Version : compressing stock springs

UW15HN
29-09-2005, 03:52 PM
hey i wanna lower my car with stock springs

if i compress the stock springs are they just as good as aftermarket (eg king springs)

anything i should be aware of??

ekslut
29-09-2005, 04:16 PM
nope, they are far worse than aftermarket ones. Quality is not as good, and the ride is fairly bouncy.

UW15HN
29-09-2005, 07:09 PM
ok

im llookin for kings now

thanks

ekslut
30-09-2005, 08:44 AM
good idea :thumbsup:

UW15HN
30-09-2005, 11:27 AM
ive been talkin to other people they say compressing stock springs are bad coz the coils will be so close together when ya go over a pot hole they can have the tendancy to shatter..

they suggested to take off coils instead but thats the same as chopping springs and i think its illegal.............

so yea jus lookin for proper springs now

cheers

accordBOI
10-10-2005, 06:54 PM
trev i purchased my accord COMPRESSED springs from you, and have no problem with them, so whats with the negative remarks???

Mike_
10-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Well it's true that they're not as good as king springs, and they are fairly bouncy.

It's well worth spending the money to buy yourself some decent springs, because otherwise you'll be left with an uncomfortable ride, with bad handling

type one
10-10-2005, 09:49 PM
compressed springs are for looks only. Any spirited driving and you are likely to come unstuck.

don't risk it - compressing is done by super-heating the coil and then forcing it down... obviously this not only weakens the coil but pushes it beyonds it manufacturer specifications. It is safer than cutting, but both should be avoided at any cost.

BlitZ
13-10-2005, 03:17 PM
just cut'em and bounce around like a gummy bear..
boun.. boun .. boun....

should not really compress springs...

I dont really suuport the theory about coils touching though cause im sure most spring manufacturers jsut compress the spring more for lowering and put less coils for poundage.

just save up 200 and buy a set