PDA

View Full Version : Type R Rear Lip

JDMCVC
29-09-2005, 10:17 PM
pplz that have type r rear lips, just wondering where you guys purchased the lip and how well it fit on, reason for asking is that i just baught one and i want to return it cos doesnt fit at all.

any help would be appreciated

Perry
29-09-2005, 10:20 PM
OEM or aftermarket be more specific

from wat i know you use the screws provided which attached to the bumper from the bottom

jackosimm
29-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Are you sure you purchased/recieved the incorrect lip? i.e. Hatch lip instead of sedan etc? If it doesn't fit at all it sounds like that

JDMCVC
29-09-2005, 10:31 PM
yeah i purchased an aftermarket type r rear lip for hatchback, maybe its just crappy fibreglass and or quality, it didnt even come with screws the guy said just "glue" it on

30-09-2005, 01:13 PM
where you located? syd,.. i might be able to get you one. how much you wanna spend?

you should be able to return it if you bought it new.

mcdare
30-09-2005, 08:08 PM
haha, glue it on? i wouldn't go with that bro. what if it falls off when yr drivin' on the street? it would be so embarrassing.

hotcvic
30-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Glue it on? Sounds like a bodgey job to me. Take it back if you can. If you are going to buy a rear lip, make sure it is for the right type and model, as there are differences between the 96-98 sedan and 99-00 sedan rear bars (along with the front bars). Check on ebay motors. By the way, the front bar for a 99-00 civic coupe is the same for a 99-00 4door sedan.

So you do a search for a rear lip on ebay motors, do a search for "99-00 civic rear lip" and you should find some there. The best ones to get are made of Urethane plastic (just like the plastic used to make the OEM front/rear bar). Try and avoid fibreglass, as they are harder to work with.

SLPJCooL
30-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I bought a set of Aftermarket front and rear lips for my 99 civic Hatch on US eBay. I also got aftermarket Type R Rear Spoiler!
The lips are made out of ABS plastic so you can bend a little bit to make it fit. Mine fits on perfectly. (Prob becos' I got it sprayed and installed @ Body shop).
$300 AUD for two lips and Spoiler+ Shipping. another $300 AUD for spray paint and install. Cheap Cheap!!!
Btw, 96-98 Hatch and 99-00 Hatch rear lips/spoiler are the same!

hotcvic
30-09-2005, 11:32 PM
ABS body parts are also good, not quite as good as urethane, but certainly a hell of a lot better than fibreglass.