PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] HID light adjustment

madjace
30-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Have been driving my euro lux for a week now and i love the car , just one thing though

those lowbeam hid's are down right dangerous when the car is on an angle i can only see two feet in front of me ( which is scary on twisty hill roads )

I asked the dealer to check them and they said they were at factory specs . when i suggested that perhaps we could adjust them to be higher than factory specs they tols me that there isnt much adjustemnt in them ..

When the car is flat they are not too bad but as soon as the car dips down ( even form a bump on the road ) they are woefull

any one have a fix for this ?

baboo
30-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Aren't they automatically levelling?

madjace
30-09-2005, 10:01 AM
if they are then they are crap

in the manual it says they are but i havemt got anything to compare it too ..

dont know if they adjust to ups and downs or level of the car or how fast they are supposed to adjust

baboo
30-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Auto leveling device sensor is on the left hand side of the front suspension arm and rear suspension arm.

check if they are connected correctly, might be a loose connection.

eurosp
30-09-2005, 10:15 AM
give it another test. drive the car on a speed bump and stop up there to see if the light adjusted down.

madjace
30-09-2005, 11:28 AM
good idea , i will do that

EuroAccord13
30-09-2005, 02:46 PM
*Always remember*

If something isn't right in the car... That's what the Warranty is there for....
This goes out to all new car owners who are paranoid :D

MiSloVic
30-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Have been driving my euro lux for a week now and i love the car , just one thing though

those lowbeam hid's are down right dangerous when the car is on an angle i can only see two feet in front of me ( which is scary on twisty hill roads )

I asked the dealer to check them and they said they were at factory specs . when i suggested that perhaps we could adjust them to be higher than factory specs they tols me that there isnt much adjustemnt in them ..

When the car is flat they are not too bad but as soon as the car dips down ( even form a bump on the road ) they are woefull

any one have a fix for this ?

look behind the headlamp assembly.. do you see any adjustment screws? these are usually marked with a up/down arrows.. if you can find, try adjusting those..

exISeuro
30-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I think what you are describing is normal and overtime you will accept it.

I too felt this same dis-satisfaction when i first drove the euro in the twisties (euro being my first HID equipped car). Its true - you only have what seems to be 2 meters of road lit up infront of you when you are on a incline/decline road.

You should be able to notice the HID's trying to self level every moment while the car is moving, and it is audible when the background noise is low.

My only solution while in the twisties is to drive with the highbeams on.

I suffered the consequences of not having the highbeams on in the twisties by hitting a wombat at about 90km/h cracking my front bar. Dont get paranoid :D.

You'll be right, you'll get used to it.

I also think it has to do with height between the road and the projector.

eurosp
01-10-2005, 10:46 AM
look behind the headlamp assembly.. do you see any adjustment screws? these are usually marked with a up/down arrows.. if you can find, try adjusting those..

You should not have to adjust anything if the auto leveling sensor is working.
Your method only works for lights without the sensor.

silverabt
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
just out of interest guys, sorry to be off topic, but how many Kelvin is the factory HID of euro lux? any idea?

jamchen
01-10-2005, 09:22 PM
4300k i think is the STD for all HID equipped cars...
(but i think the liberty B4 has higher K ratings as they are quite purple even seeing them in stright direction)

evolution42
01-10-2005, 10:18 PM
4300k i think is the STD for all HID equipped cars...
(but i think the liberty B4 has higher K ratings as they are quite purple even seeing them in stright direction)
as far as i know, liberty B4 does not have factory-equipped HID headlights...

the only subarus with factory HID are the very latest Forester XT and Impreza WRX/ WRX STi

silverabt
02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
yeah I thought it was 4300K, I think all euro cars, bmw, merc also use 4300K Xenon as factory standard.

eurosp
12-10-2005, 02:04 PM
as far as i know, liberty B4 does not have factory-equipped HID headlights...

the only subarus with factory HID are the very latest Forester XT and Impreza WRX/ WRX STi

I am pretty sure the new liberty has HID on them. I have seen a few on the road with HID...

MiSloVic
12-10-2005, 03:13 PM
You should not have to adjust anything if the auto leveling sensor is working.
Your method only works for lights without the sensor.

it appears from the post that either the auto-leveling mechanism is not working or it is not self-adjusting to a sufficient level.

NeoNode
13-10-2005, 09:57 PM
I am pretty sure the new liberty has HID on them. I have seen a few on the road with HID...

Nope, the Liberties don't have HID's stock. But you could always fit aftermarket ones.

aleksandrov
16-10-2005, 01:13 PM
After one month with my new Euro 05, the right headlight is pointing slightly lower than the left one and is doing so consistently. When I first got the car, the left and right levels were dead even.

I prefer to fix the problem myself if anybody can give me appropriate advice.

I don't want to take the car back to the dealership (Tynan's Sutherland) unless I have no other choice. So far their service department has proven to be shockingly incompetent and careless. They made a mess of installing the optional metallic interior trim, the tint, and the pre-delivery detailing. After I took the car back for some corrections, they stuffed up the rear window tint even worse than the first time, they left a mess inside the car that would be obvious even to the blind, and they failed to make any difference to the odd wind noise (like you get if the window is slightly open) I'm getting from the driver side window at freeway speeds, even though they said they adjusted the doors and tested them to ensure that the problem is fixed.

I am surprised that Honda is allowing such shockingly inadequate quality control at their dealerships. It certainly doesn't fit the sense of quality that we associate with Honda.

I fear that every time I might have to take the car back to the dealership for something they will make it even worse.

NeoNode
16-10-2005, 02:32 PM
The right headlight is meant to point lower than the left to avoid blinding drivers oncoming on the other side of the road.

stephen8512
16-10-2005, 02:36 PM
After one month with my new Euro 05, the right headlight is pointing slightly lower than the left one and is doing so consistently. When I first got the car, the left and right levels were dead even.

I don't want to take the car back to the dealership (Tynan's Sutherland) unless I have no other choice. So far their service department has proven to be shockingly incompetent and careless. They made a mess of installing the optional metallic interior trim, the tint, and the pre-delivery detailing. After I took the car back for some corrections, they stuffed up the rear window tint even worse than the first time, they left a mess inside the car that would be obvious even to the blind, and they failed to make any difference to the odd wind noise (like you get if the window is slightly open) I'm getting from the driver side window at freeway speeds, even though they said they adjusted the doors and tested them to ensure that the problem is fixed.

I am surprised that Honda is allowing such shockingly inadequate quality control at their dealerships. It certainly doesn't fit the sense of quality that we associate with Honda.

I fear that every time I might have to take the car back to the dealership for something they will make it even worse.

simple solution.....dont go back there
go to larke hoskins or rick d's

aleksandrov
16-10-2005, 02:44 PM
The right headlight is meant to point lower than the left to avoid blinding drivers oncoming on the other side of the road.

That makes sense, but when I first got the car the left and right were dead even. I remember my car facing the garage at my father's place and he was amazed by how straight the line was from left to right.

me_kevinly
17-10-2005, 09:32 AM
No auto adjust headlights.
yep the right side is lower.
DONT try to adjust it to make it even
cos it wont work
i've try it and screwed up the adjustments
now i just getting an estimation of the angle etc etc

aaronng
17-10-2005, 11:01 AM
If you really want to adjust the HID's height, then I can give you the service bulletin for the TSX on adjusting the lights including the proper height and such

me_kevinly
17-10-2005, 11:11 AM
hey Aaron you got that?
show me next time we meet ok ? :D

madjace
17-10-2005, 12:35 PM
i have found my dealer to be very similiar to this and i dont have any choice ( only honda dealer in town ) i am intertetd in the service bulletin but i fear the tsx will vary quite abit from our euro , i know when i went to fix the remote sensor i had the rsx bulletin and the reciever was even in a different spot in the car , the testing stuff helped though

aaronng
17-10-2005, 01:38 PM
hey Aaron you got that?
show me next time we meet ok ? :D
Yup, I'll post it here, so others can see too.
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9548/04tsxsm22165headlights8tj.jpg

The direction of the slant in the beams is the opposite for us, so the left side is higher.

madjace
18-10-2005, 09:13 AM
finally got the honda guys to fix it and now they are excellent

eurosp
19-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Glad to hear the problem is fix. Good on ya.

finally got the honda guys to fix it and now they are excellent

madjace
19-10-2005, 10:48 AM
i am pretty sure that the first time i told them to look at it they didnt , any way now i love driving around at night , the lights really are awsomme

STIGT
20-10-2005, 11:57 AM

I am sorry to tell you that it dosent. i myself owns a liberty..

they comes with halogen globes but i fitted HID on the low beam and fog lights

But i was told by a few subaru dealers that the new 2006 liberty might comes with HIDS and 2.5 turbo since the NEW forester and sti has them.