PDA

View Full Version : K20 in jazz

Miss Chanel
30-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey guys and girls,

Im not sure if this has been ask before, but I have done a search and couldn't find anything...

-How easy is a K20 conversion for a Jazz, and if so, will i need any fabrications or engine mounts?-

-Also, how much approximately would it cost?-

Thanks in advance,

:)

Miss Chanel.

runwaycrackwhore
30-09-2005, 10:02 AM
why do u wanna do it? its been done before, the mugen jazz has one, so its doable, but seriously if i were you just save ure pennies for the next car, if u really are gonna do it im sure the honda geeks will tell you whats involved, and will result in you buying a front cut. wheather it bolts on or not we'll have to leave it for the hondu's on here.

but be prepared to chang alot- besides the engine it'll be wise to cheange gearbox, brakes, cv's and maybe even shafts, weather or not a dc5 front cut stuff will fit on i dont know

geesus crist- we live together, i see you everyday, why am i replying ure threads at work?

BLKCRX
30-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Allow 10k for the project, that should get a engine installed, then look at buying some go fast bits for the k20 engine like Toda headers, nice intake, nice exhaust and Hondata K100

Iv been doing some modifications / research on the jazz’z and the little L15A engine tunes up very nicely on Hondata , the other option is to turbo charge one something were looking at doing down here in Melbourne. This would be a slightly cheaper option than a full engine swap.

As for what you need, yes engine mounts, custom fabrication axels gear box linkages, and the list goes on and on.

Regards James

Miss Chanel
30-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Hm.. i didnt think the little jazz would be a good base for such a performance thingy..

I was just thinking about it, but like u said, maybe i should save my money for a deposit on a house or something (i probably wont get another car for a few yrs).

runwaycrackwhore
30-09-2005, 10:14 AM
hondata are trick! i remember back in my honda days, hondata just came out, and australia didnt even have a dealer back then, yummmmm full throttle shift and launch control just like motecs,

blkcrx- so are u saying the L15 will gain a bit just from a retune with hondata?

seriously though when i drive ure car even if it was faster what fun would it be? its bloody auto, steering is light as runny shit, and most of all- u cant drive yet! learn how to drive, push ure car a bit then talk about modding down the road, no point throwing all this shit on ure car and not even notice the difference it makes babe. and plus u can always drive mine.

BLKCRX
30-09-2005, 10:15 AM
A house what da LOL ;) nar buy more cars ;) do what i do ;) cars no1 !!! you can't race a house !! eheheheh

BLKCRX
30-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah I’m working on the worlds 1st L15A Hondata setup with all the normal goodies its just one of many ongoing current projects that I have under way.

But yeah even the L15 engine tune's up nicely, although were currently only supporting the manual version.
Fact is now, we can fully control the engine, which leads to endless kinds of modifications for these car's and allows aftermarket performance part makers to make parts now they can be tuned.

Regards James

Miss Chanel
30-09-2005, 10:21 AM
A house what da LOL ;) nar buy more cars ;) do what i do ;) cars no1 !!! you can't race a house !! eheheheh
Lol, ok, maybe not a house... but with 10k (that i dont have) i could do so much.

As for you runwaycrackwhore, i can drive, and my car isnt auto, its tiptronic :p.

BLKCRX
30-09-2005, 10:27 AM
with 10k i can do so much also ;-) lots of vodka n partying ;)

fark im still smashed from last nite.. woops ;) drank way 2 much for my bday LOL n my ears won't stop ringing... lol oops back on topic...

Regards James

runwaycrackwhore
30-09-2005, 10:28 AM
sounds good james, so are yuou the aussie dealer for hondata? where were u in 2000!! i was killing for one!!

yeah with 10k u could buy ure boyfriend a bigger bike!!! or contribute to his evo fund, or buy him that new tag link!! cough cough!!!

Miss Chanel
30-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Happy belated-Bday BLKCRX :)

BLKCRX
30-09-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm the Distributor for Hondata in Australia and have 9 workshops now around Australia that I support, actually everything was setup late 1999 !!! bit it was just in Melbourne back then... and we were doing lots of testing and development and custom modifications to make the Hondata system compatible with Australia ECU’s

If your going to put money towards a bike fund.. lol I could do with exhaust on my CBR600RR 05 hehe its still stock ;) although I wanta do the ECU on it if I work out how 2 tune it !!

Regards James

runwaycrackwhore
30-09-2005, 10:45 AM
the 2005 blade is sweet!!!!! i herd one with a micron can on full song and dam did it sound sweet!

i parked next to one today with a titanium yoshi slip on and shit did it look trick! he had oggy knobs, and a double bubble screen from what i saw. will definatly be my next bike when i get off restrictions.

oh yeah happy bday

wynode
30-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Lets now go off topic thanks

Miss Chanel
30-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Lets not...

Keep the advice commin' pplz... :)

asiansquad
30-09-2005, 12:14 PM
the parts itlself will cost you close to 10k

you gotta change the gearbox and other stuffs too if u do a k20 conversion.

tony was about to do it..but the total cost was close to 20k

tRipitaka
30-09-2005, 01:17 PM
it's a big investment..
but if you want to be different.. go for it :)

Tony
30-09-2005, 01:43 PM
yes budget for at least $20k, parts alone will be around $15k if not more.

You will need custom mounts, custom axles, custom wiring harness and custom exhaust manifold.. and many other miscellaneous small parts. If you are not running aftermarket ECU, it's best to get JDM type r ECU because it's easier to bypass the immobiliser. The engine/gearbox is alot heavier than the L series engine so you will need custom suspension setup. You will have to lose air conditioning and your hood will need to be modified for the engine to clear. Wiring is going to be pain in the ass.. unless you only want a running engine and don't care about all the electronics in the car.

Definitly not an easy swap.. but I'm sure someone has to give it a go.. come on, it's only $20k.. hehehehe..

Breeze
02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
There is a rally Fit/Jazz here in NZ with the full DC5R conversion. Of course it is run by the largest Honda wreckers in the country which would help keep costs down. It went exceptionally well though.

golfphunk
05-10-2005, 02:39 AM
if i got 20k...i'll ship my jazz back to msia...get it transplant in amoil and ship her back over here..

(sounds like a holiday/breast implant trip to me)
=P

but in reality...i'll definitely keep the $20k for a house or some sort of investment...

|N|
05-10-2005, 02:45 AM
lol miss chanel ... take it easy man ... u haven got ur Ls yet.... step by step la....

Miss Chanel
05-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Nah, i was just thinking about it.. but it never occurred to me that so much needed to be done.. and i thought it would cost about 5k :o

2MPRSS
05-10-2005, 08:16 AM
hahaha 5 grand,we are talking about hondas not toyotas

Miss Chanel
05-10-2005, 09:14 AM
lol.. sorry. I really had no idea.

Meanwhile, like |N| said, i'll get my Ps first then bother with performance stuff. :)

Tu88y
05-10-2005, 09:21 AM
cars cost to much.....

danni_d
05-10-2005, 04:21 PM
i don't think it's a good idea putting a k20 into a jazz. it will be highly expensive and just like what runwaycrackwhore said it's been done before. so it's not original anymore and plus a jazz isn't much of a performance car.

but if u have the money to do it and it's at ur best interest then go for it. i'm sure it will fly but then it'll be hard to find parts for it what will keep the car stable because the engine is quite big for a jazz

sivic
05-10-2005, 07:12 PM
so what if its been done before? B series swaps have been done before yet so many still do them. why would you do something just to be original above all else?
a stock civic isnt much of a performance car yet they get done up into some true performance vehicles. the same can be done to a jazz. there are plenty of parts out there. with a K20 in it along with a bunch of handling mods it would tear.
do it i reckon. the fact that it has been done is good cos it shows it CAN be done.

vividjazz
05-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Seen progress photos of the work needed to shoehorn a B-Series motor in and its a good few weeks work. 15K-20K would be closer to the mark than 10K especially with the huge number of hours required. Totally changes the appearance of the vehicle as the engine bay has to be extended to hold the motor it was never designed for. It upsets the balance of the car making it nose heavy.

More powerful L Series engines are in the pipeline. It will be alot easier to fit another compact L-Series into the very cramped engine bay.

Off the shelf turbo kits will produce similar power for a fraction of the cost. A full kit out of Thailand is between 1K-1.5K + fitting.

Miss Chanel
05-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Off the shelf turbo kits will produce similar power for a fraction of the cost. A full kit out of Thailand is between 1K-1.5K + fitting.

Isnt that a bit dangerous?.. putting in a 'fake' engine?.. sorry i dont know that much about this stuff.

sivic
05-10-2005, 10:04 PM
not a fake engine. he's reffering to a turbo kit to bolt onto your existing motor.
it would be cheap out of thailand as i'm convinced 1 of every 2 jazz's on the planet exists there. so many its not funny.
a bolt on kit wont make as much as a K20. even on a Vti-S thats expecting a gain of about 60kw. no chance on a stock L15.
but it could be a better option for value for money. you could also build up the L15 to handle high boost levels.
but if your set on a K20 then dont hold back. within reason of course.

**Ghost**
05-10-2005, 10:52 PM
just a thought

1. without considering nething else such as service costs, brand loyalty, personal quirks or a need to be unique, age of car

2. a jazz vti = about 17,000 + K20A (gods no howz much but we'll say $15,000 all up)... u coulda got urself a skyline r32 GTR

i say this because neone contemplating a k20a jazz is obviously VERY performance minded... i dont see y else neone would spend that much money on a car in this regard... so being SO PERFORMANCE minded... y bother with the jazz...

if u started on another car (i used GTR as example, but plenty of other cars out there) u would have a faster car with more potential, and is FUNDAMENTALLY a performance car

i'm not saying a k20a jazz would be a bad idea... nah its actually a HOT idea... but if ur performance seeking... and that is ur obly objective, to have HUGE PERFORMANCE... then another car would be an option, if not a better option

asiansquad
06-10-2005, 12:29 AM
a new type s would cost more than a jazz + k20a and ppl still buy it

some rich mofos that likes the look of a jazz are willing to pay that extra 20k for the conversion

wish i was that rich mofo

sivic
06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
i agree ghost. but surely by now you have realised that logic cant be applied as a factor to the modification of a vehicle. sometimes when you've got an itch you just have to scratch it.
try explaining your theory to the many autosalon competitors who have spent tens if not hundreds of thousands on their rides. they'll just give you a funny look.
its like trying to figure out why ppl smoke when there are zero benefits from it;)

**Ghost**
06-10-2005, 01:06 AM
smoking wakes u up, tastes good and leaves a nice scent :P

but yeh... i've spent enough on my lovely ek4 to buy a dc2r almost... so who am i kidding...

danni_d
06-10-2005, 01:00 PM
well civics are sort of a performance car because of the ek9.. so it's easy to find performance parts for it eg coilovers etc. whereas the jazz it's hard to find parts and i wasn't against the fact of u putting in a k20 i was just saying it would be expensive and it's ur decision. relax!

Jus-10
07-10-2005, 07:15 AM
well civics are sort of a performance car because of the ek9.. so it's easy to find performance parts for it eg coilovers etc. whereas the jazz it's hard to find parts and i wasn't against the fact of u putting in a k20 i was just saying it would be expensive and it's ur decision. relax!

Jazz/Fit is "sort of" a performance car as well....Spoon have used it in N1 races and they are now building versions with the K20A. Sure, Honda hasn't released a Type R version but Spoon are using it to good effect....

Parts are aplenty for the Jazz/Fit...name your JDM brand and chances are they make parts for the Jazz...even coilovers!

Still I couldn't justify the cost of a K20A out here...

i_own_you
07-10-2005, 08:44 AM
search is a very good friend :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14858&highlight=k20a+Jazz+Philippines

well the pictures dont work anymore :(

Miss Chanel
07-10-2005, 10:07 AM

But sucks how the pics dont work anymore since theyr all i have to go by, as i dont really understand the lingo lol.

i_own_you
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM
there's a mugen k20a Jazz 2 pages down from the link

vividjazz
09-10-2005, 05:18 PM
A turboed 1.3l dsi was featured in the July, August and September issues of Top Gear Philippines.

Let me just quote a part of the article:

"Amazingly, this L13 turbo whips out as many horses as a tuned B16B Type R puts out at 5500 rpm "

Results in Thailand with turbos kits have gained 50% over stock so on a 1.5L vtec that would take the 81kw to over 120kw (at the engine NOT the wheels).