PDA

View Full Version : Locked Threads!

MrPlow
03-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Is it me or is it everytime i visit OH (which is 2 or 3 times a day) another thread has been locked?

This never use't to happen... its just a lil annoying! :cry:

wynode
03-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Which threads in particular?

joneblaze
03-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Like idiots that spam FS threads?

Civic Type R
03-03-2004, 04:07 PM
i responded with a :) because when i first saw your :) it made me smile. When everyone else followed it all got quite funny.

I cant see how any offence was taken ? Jon, you know us, we wouldnt target you to deliberately piss you off. Other people deserve that.

wynode
03-03-2004, 04:19 PM
i responded with a :) because when i first saw your :) it made me smile. When everyone else followed it all got quite funny.

I cant see how any offence was taken ? Jon, you know us, we wouldnt target you to deliberately piss you off. Other people deserve that.But you did that the day before and we had to go through and remove all those silly posts (around 3 pages I was told?)

Then you started it again. Do you see where we are comming from?

Its hard enough keeping track of the rest of the forum when people try and abuse this free service. Not only that, people complain that us mods/admins don't filter certain posts in the for sale forum, and by having posts like the one made to Jons thread just makes are job SOO much harder.

ANyway which threads are you refferingto MrPlow?

Civic Type R
03-03-2004, 04:25 PM
it was simple humour Wyn.

Rowie
03-03-2004, 04:32 PM
annoying humour for mods to clean up too :)

MrPlow, specify which threads you are refeering to and we may be able to answer your question better.

JAP88R
03-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Like idiots that spam FS threads?

idiots now eh??? :shock:

joneblaze
03-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Yes. you all suck major c*ck. ;)

Civic Type R
03-03-2004, 04:53 PM
haha thats the spirit :)

A'PEXi
03-03-2004, 06:48 PM
your all spammers. *LOCK* :P

MrPlow
03-03-2004, 07:14 PM
just that iv seen more locked threads in the past few weeks then i have since i join OH...

even some threads that people have asked questions then once the question has been answered its locked straight away... maybe they should remain open a few days after, so others can reply to these questions?

sorry, just a thought!

vti-2
03-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Post the threads in question.

wynode
03-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Post the threads in question.Also a locked thread can be unlocked if required by simply PM'ing a mod/admin

Civic Type R
04-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Whats the purpose of a lounge for ?
Its where we can have freedom of speech isn't it ?
why lock threads in there if they arent being threatening or abusive to anyone.
Sorry but i dont agree with the locking of threads in the Lounge !

Rowie
04-03-2004, 11:33 AM
one work Civic Type R.... SPAM!!! Read the terms and conditions!

Noone said you cant speak freely! But useless posts with smily's isnt exactly speech or useful!

The reason I locked the thread that your most likely talking about was because you guys started SPAMMING with smilies again okay.

Rowie
04-03-2004, 11:35 AM
I will unlock that thread... but no more SPAM!

wynode
04-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Whats the purpose of a lounge for ?
Its where we can have freedom of speech isn't it ?
why lock threads in there if they arent being threatening or abusive to anyone.
Sorry but i dont agree with the locking of threads in the Lounge !Well if you are reffering to the SMILEY thread, then I don't see how you can justify yourself I mean that was an attempt to have cheap stab at the mods/admins so I didn't want it ending up in a big verbal war.

But your point is taken about the Lounge threads.

Civic Type R
04-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Not necessarily.
How can posting simple smiles be an attempt to have cheap stabs at the mods/admins ? really ?

Also, how can it be classified as spam ? Its clearly not advertising nor defaming Honda or the forum in any way.

IMO it gets the members involved and feel happy in doing so. - Note also with a bnit of laughter. We all need to chill and relax.

Locking it was like taking away a bag of boiled lollies from a hungry kid.

Rowie
04-03-2004, 11:48 AM
pages full of smily faces are clearly SPAM!

THIS IS NOT HOT4's!

Civic Type R
04-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Sorry dude but i have to disagree.

I am also a member of Hot 4's
I also moderate/Admin Perth Performance Car Club; VTEChnique and am a member on several other honda related forums worldwide.

If we cant have an environment where people can feel happy and openly express their feelings and place a simple :) then whats the point of having a personality.

Rowie
04-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I have made my point and it stands.

I will say it again..... pages full of nothing but :) :) :) :) will be deleted! End of story!

Rowie
04-03-2004, 12:32 PM
To make myself clear again... forumers are more than welcome to express a smily face in their posts.

Why cant you understand that hundreds of them filling up pages of posts is obviously SPAM!

Civic Type R
04-03-2004, 12:33 PM
guess im of no use on these forums then.
cheers

Rowie
04-03-2004, 12:37 PM
now your over reacting.

civicboy
04-03-2004, 12:42 PM
hahahaha cmon civic type r! relax man
hehehe

joneblaze
04-03-2004, 01:05 PM
LOL... i agree. Just chill dudes. IMO most of the mods here on OH are great and relaxed... (they just have to let us start selling non car-related shit ;)) I can see where both Win/Rowie and Civic Type R are coming from....
How bout from now on no more smilie page floods? :) (shit, shouldnt have done that smilie...lol)

wynode
04-03-2004, 02:24 PM
We (mods) do a lot work to keep things on track and provide a better forum for our members and we don't appreciate it when silly things like this come up and are made a big fuss over. We don't get paid for running this forum and we spend endless hours making sure others get to read usefull information via this free service.

I have spent alot of time and money on this site and quite honestly this was the last thing I was expecting that would reflect negatively on the site. I'm quite dissapointed to be honest.

I also moderate/Admin Perth Performance Car Club

In that case I would have expected you of all people to understand that posting endless pages of smiles is not only a waste of time but also extremely immature.

If all you want to do is post smiles, then go find your self another forum to do that in.

vti-2
04-03-2004, 10:40 PM
guess im of no use on these forums then.
cheers

Why is that? Because you can't post pages and pages of smiles?

Grow up.

Civic Type R
05-03-2004, 01:15 AM
If all you want to do is post smiles, then go find your self another forum to do that in.
678 posts so far i have posted. How many of those are smilies ?

PPCC is a friendly environment where anyone can share their views liberally and have discussions whether it be extremely funny, silly, serious or factual.
I crackdown on bullshit threads and shit stirring threads - like im sure you do here. Im so fed up with the seriousness and nazi-like additudes thrown around regarding this whole topic.
You all clearly know i dont ridicule OzHonda nor find it a place to make fun of. The one thread (make that 1 of over 49,400) where some members have some innocent fun and you all get uptight and heavy handed.

The world doesnt revolve around OzHonda, all im asking for is to ease up a little and members can enjoy their time here.

Speaking of smiles as spam - i refer to the thread on those model chicks. 23+pages ! Yes it was nice to look at and im not complaining about the fact i was happy to view the nice peices of flesh, but that thread is somewhat similar in humour to all the smiles. It was funny and i was keen to see who was sharing the humour. Sure classify it as immature, atleast i have a sense of humour and am proud to share it.

wynode
05-03-2004, 01:24 AM
The world doesn't revolve around ozhonda but I and many others have put a lot of work into it. I'm sure you understand how much work goes into setting up and maintaining a site/forum.

I don't know why you are bringing up that other thread about models. Yes there are 23+ (or whatever it is) pages but they are of pics of models as the per the subject of the thread. Hence the content is relevant.

In contrast, Joneblaze was trying to sell a muffler and there was an endless reply of smiles. I don't see how that is related to the subject?

I just don't see how you can justify all those smiles (done not just once but twice) in that thread of his. I like to be objective and I'm always open for criticism, but in this case where joneblaze's thread was concerned I really can't see how it can be justified.

Feel free to post things in the lounge that you like, but soon after I replied and locked Jon's post, a thread was made in the lounge RE the incident. If it was an issue, then it should have been made in site discussion.

vti-2
05-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Civic Type R - You can't be serious. *speechless*

I don't even know what to type...

Seriously mate, you need to chill out.

Civic Type R
05-03-2004, 11:05 AM
you have a PM !