PDA

View Full Version : [euro] another engine break in question (now closed)

swindlerx
01-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey guys,
Like to say hi to all of you proud honda owners as I am new to this forum:wave:

Just recently purchased a brand new Accord Euro Luxury (5AT...really wanted a manual one lol) and was wondering if it is really true that you cannot rev too hard i.e greater than 3000rpm, a new engine during it first few thousand kilometres of its life or is it just a myth? Also is there anything special I need to pay special attention to this particular model during the first few weeks of driving it?

thanks guys.

aaronng
01-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I believe that you should give it throttle and rev it up normally. You must make sure you engine is warmed up. The needle should show halfway on the temperature gauge.
Also, the engine can be revved, but the transmission and driveline should be driven gently for the first few thousand. So no revving in neutral and then pushing the gear to D to get an acceleration jump. That will KILL the gearbox fast.

sodaz
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Do people actually rev an auto gear box up from N and then shift to D? I thought you only do that with a manual car.

yfin
02-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Welcome to ozhonda. Break in techniques have been covered many times before so please do a search.

Also take some pics of your car and say hello in the intro section. :wave: