PDA

View Full Version : what sort of price did u pay for your Type S?

aa@uow
04-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Hello people, i am now here and have some questions about the Integra Type S, i am sure some of you gentlemen/ ladies can surely help.. :D

One of my friends has decided to buy a brand new Type S in a very short time. we've been to a few honda dealers and the best price we r offered is $44000 drive away.. one problem is that my friend wants to get a red one but all dealer said the same thing that there will be a 3 months wait for a red one to be shipped here from japan..... :(
Mind telling me how much did u pay for ur Type S and which dealer did u buy the car from? happy experience or bad?? anything i should tell me friend to be ware of before and when my friend is buying the car.

Thankyou mate!

blubber
04-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Carsales.com.au says rrp for type S is $42,990 +onroads
IMO $44,000 driveaway would be good deal

_CiVIC_
04-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I got my typeS at $42,990 from Peter Warren in Warrick Farm Sydney. My brother works for Peter Warren, that is why we didn't have to pay the on road costs i.e stamp duty, tax, registration and so on.

causeraybay
04-10-2005, 12:34 PM
yepp from $42,990 (honda.com.au) :thumbsup:

dark138
04-10-2005, 07:46 PM
$43,000 Drive Away Rosebury, Sydney

NightHawk Black

RyDC5S
04-10-2005, 11:39 PM
43.5k for me.

Shop around man.

aa@uow
04-10-2005, 11:40 PM
people, thanks alot for your reply!!!

hey, Dark138, mind telling me when did u buy your Type S and how long did u have to wait to have your car driven away from the dealer?
Do u personally know someone who works there or you just walked in and got the bargain? $43000 does sound like a good price for a brand new Type S.... :rolleyes:

thankyou..

RyDC5S
05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Thats like 10 bucks more for rego + onroad.

vupham
06-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Got mine milano red 2nd hand for $40000 from NSW for $40000 + 1200 for rego and transfer to QLD so $41300, registered in december and bought it on august so it was about 8 months old with 23000km, yes alot of km!!

When i asked around for a brand new one in QLD, They quoted $47000 drive away but i think they wouldnt go any lower than $43000, especially in some colors. One dealer was willing to negotiate for under $43000 but it was for an orange one only and it was in stock so..

rossirider
06-10-2005, 07:49 AM
$43,000 Drive Away Rosebury, Sydney

NightHawk Black

yeh that,:thumbsup::) My friend got the same deal. he just rocked up. Had to wait 3 months though

Omotesando
07-10-2005, 04:23 AM
If the DC5 Type S stock's RRP is $42,990 plus onroads, etc,. then you should not pay more than $426,00 for one. I know it can be gotten for $42,390 (or less) but you will have to know how to bargain with the manager, forget about the sales person.

Usually Honda sells cars at a few hundred below their RRP, and a fair few thousand dollars below their Drive Away Price. Same goes with most other dealers, but from experience other dealers give better discounts.

Also not sure if RED Type S has metallic paint, if it hasn't, then it is suppose to be around $270-$300 cheaper on paper. In reality, you could squeeze another $100 off the price!

Good luck, keep us updated..

dragon85lord
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
i got my Type S, magnesium metallic, with tint and matts, from Larke Hoskins Rosebury NSW

ex-demo, $39 500.

5500kms on the odometer

SAWAKITA
09-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I got my brand new Type S, Magnesium metallic, Tint, Mat, 5 Years Extanded Warranty + 5 years Road side assistant, 12 month rego, 3rd party insurance, dealer delivery and stamp duty from Honda Eastwood NSW for $43,400.

aa@uow
10-10-2005, 06:44 PM
guys, thanks so much for your info n comments.. my friend has finally ordered a brand new Type S for $43200 yesterday.. we thought it was a bargain b/c most honda dealers couldn't find one red type S for him but honda eastwood could. my friend has been given the VIN number of the car already n the car is in Victoria at the moment so my friend should be able to pick the car up within a month time :D

dark138
10-10-2005, 11:21 PM
it was brand new, my gf bought it from a friend's friend
waited 3 days for them to take the car out of the plastic bag, detail, contract etc.

took it with 5kms on the clock

vupham
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
dont you love type s, i find it is a better car than the dc5r overall in looks, confort and performance. Im pretty glad they brought in the type s like the way it is but they should continue to bring the type r so people can make thier choice either luxury, type s or type r.

Boostzor
11-10-2005, 12:51 PM
$43k from honda north in osbourne park. Nice place good ppl. No complaints, apart from a rattle in the steering column that they said didnt exist, i disagree.

2.5month wait for black.

Speeder
11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
dont you love type s, i find it is a better car than the dc5r overall in looks, confort and performance. Im pretty glad they brought in the type s like the way it is but they should continue to bring the type r so people can make thier choice either luxury, type s or type r.

I like the new type s, the more i see one the more i like it. Its not a boy racer looking car, small decals instead of the big R sticker etc. Its a better car for everyday use, thats for sure. Its quiet, a modern car feel compared to the R, well to my dc2r anyway.
My mate got a quote from hornsby honda, $44k driveaway, CW, only option were the carpet mats, and a 3 months waiting list. He didn't go through with it.

Rixsy
11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
$42 990 for me on-road with tints, mats, paint and interior protection :)

SAWAKITA
11-10-2005, 10:40 PM
guys, thanks so much for your info n comments.. my friend has finally ordered a brand new Type S for $43200 yesterday.. we thought it was a bargain b/c most honda dealers couldn't find one red type S for him but honda eastwood could. my friend has been given the VIN number of the car already n the car is in Victoria at the moment so my friend should be able to pick the car up within a month time :D

Good stuff man~~ which sales did ur friend order the car with?

aa@uow
12-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Good stuff man~~ which sales did ur friend order the car with?

Daniel, U? is your car a 04 or 05 model?

_CiVIC_
12-10-2005, 09:20 AM
i should hopefully be getting another typeS soon.. mum is trading the civic in for another S :D goin to have 2 typeS in the family w00t w00t :D

SAWAKITA
14-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Daniel, U? is your car a 04 or 05 model?
05 Type S, got it 3 month ago from same dealer and sales.

Speeder
18-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey Type S owners, since this thread is dedicated about the Type S, can anyone tell me what the standard tyres are? Are they Bridgestone RE050?
Cheers

aa@uow
18-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey Type S owners, since this thread is dedicated about the Type S, can anyone tell me what the standard tyres are? Are they Bridgestone RE050?
Cheers

yes, potenza RE050

EGB18CT
20-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Just bumping this thread up as i'm looking to purchase a type s now or just after the new year.

What would people pay/have paid for of 2005-6 Type S with approx 50-75,000km, stock (no mods)

Redbook have them going for 17-20k with 50-90,000km, is this accurate

EVLGTR
20-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Thats a reasonable price, most people that would sell them with over 50,000kms @ over $20,000 are dreaming. Good luck finding one though

18dim
21-12-2010, 02:54 PM
i sold my 06, one month ago, for 26k.
it had 65,000kms, Nighthawk Black,
only mod was lowering springs and a cai.

i definately wouldnt say ppl asking 20k+ are dreaming.

EGB18CT
21-12-2010, 06:36 PM
shit you got a great price for that at 26k must have been mint condition. Just checked a blue one out at eastern honda wanted 23990, lets just say it wasn't up to scratch with a botchy rear end bumper accident repair/ front door out of alignment/possibly bent, didn't think a honda dealer would have been this dodgey about it trying to pass it off as ok. buyer beware.

if i cant find a decent one for a good price i may be tempted to a nc mx5 (dont really want as its lacking power)

PG_DC5
21-12-2010, 07:02 PM
hey guys
i bought my one from auctions (it was repossed) for 18750 (about 21 on road after rego and insurance)
its an 05 in black, and had 94000km
its got no mods (which i prefer as i need it for long drives) and had recent servicing, new Goodyear 3000a tyres, and has passed all rta inspections, however the paint has a few bird dropping marks, and stone chips, but expected on a black car of this age
i looked around on carsales and didnt find anything cheaper

r3ckless
21-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Thats a reasonable price, most people that would sell them with over 50,000kms @ over $20,000 are dreaming. Good luck finding one though

Your only saying that cos you drive a dc5r.

The Type S can be had anywhere from 21ish - 27ishk

Also please note with the k series in the type s, there is no such thing as a major service, the major is now split into 2 x semi major services; 80K and 120K. Having said that, picking upa TYpe S after 80K is going to save you money in the long run(obviosuly make sure if the 80k has been properly done)

Furthermore, the Type S is generally owned by a much more mature crowd. Myself eprsonally, whilst looking at a variety of cars have always noticed that the price Redbook has the cars price range listed, the cars on Carsales are always a few thousand above that price range.

On a side note, there are only two faults with the Type S you should look out for;
a) the tail lights - some facelifted dc5 e.g dc5's from late 2004 - early 2007/late 2006 have a weaker taillight gasket, and thus moisture is found in the tail lights.

b) the gearbox - on colder days, sometimes the 3rd gear will pop out, even though you have engaged./disengaged the gear/clutch properly. This is easily fixed by changing the gearbox oil. The service manual says to change it at 100k KLM, because the oil is so cheap, I get mine from Meekong in SYdney, $18/bottle - and you need two bottles. Its a cost effective maintaince regime to ensure the gearbox isnt under any premature wear. From this, I change the gearbox oil every 10k klm. Having said that, I also service by car every 10K klm intervals as per the service log, and perform a 5k klm oil change in between as well.

PG_DC5
21-12-2010, 08:51 PM
hey r3ckless, where are u from?

i live in Syd, but go to uni in Armidale, which is pretty north NSW, so thats why I'm saying no to the mods, because i drive up Bucketts way (also known as Thunderbolts), and I'm not too keen on a bone-hard ride for a 6hr drive and a CAI where there's a lot of puddles and rain

r3ckless
21-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I see, yeah well im quite careful in regards to bumps / pot holes on the road, and im actually used to the stiffness these days. hehe

I see you jsut joined dude, jump onto clubitr.com.au. Theres a fiar few dc5s on that forum now.

PG_DC5
21-12-2010, 09:10 PM
yeah mate I have, like a month ago, but it keeps saying that my account isnt like active and i need to be approved, because i cant post or write on any forums

EVLGTR
22-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Your only saying that cos you drive a dc5r.

I dont drive a DC5R.. I have a DC2R

I like Type S as much as anyone here (more than the wattered-down Aust delivered dc5r) but thats what im saying sellers should at least follow the redbook for a fairer price otherwise if they up-the-ante it'll become a trend just like what we see now for most ppl and im not saying all ppl.

r3ckless
22-12-2010, 05:23 AM
I dont drive a DC5R.. I have a DC2R

I like Type S as much as anyone here (more than the wattered-down Aust delivered dc5r) but thats what im saying sellers should at least follow the redbook for a fairer price otherwise if they up-the-ante it'll become a trend just like what we see now for most ppl and im not saying all ppl.

U talk like the dc5r is dog shit... Its not, yes its not as 'great' as the jdm dc5r... But do u see ppl on nissansilvia giving so much shit to the audm silvia as opposed to the jdm silvia, or the aust delivered rx7's compared to the jdm rx7's?? No they dont...

And regarding the prices on redbook and what the general market is asking for, you should know that 95% of the market's prices are a few grand on top.

WATAJK
22-12-2010, 09:09 AM
U talk like the dc5r is dog shit... Its not, yes its not as 'great' as the jdm dc5r... But do u see ppl on nissansilvia giving so much shit to the audm silvia as opposed to the jdm silvia, or the aust delivered rx7's compared to the jdm rx7's?? No they dont...

And regarding the prices on redbook and what the general market is asking for, you should know that 95% of the market's prices are a few grand on top.

He just doesn't understand that people make-do with what they have here.
The DC5R is still a great car and so is the DC5S, i wouldn't change neither of them.
I wouldn't mind a JDM DC5R but such is life, accept what we have here!

EVLGTR
22-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Hahahaha, dude you're too sensitive about the issue, its just my opinion that im not a fan of the Audm DC5R. You have a Type-S & in fact you should be proud im not giving you shit, lol, ....and yes i do hear/read people giving crap about the audm silvias and i dont really care.
@WATAJK, where have you been these days my friend? auto-elect replacing you're interior map light ? lol

Back to the topic. Yes, i know about ppl's prices are a few grand above the redbook thats why wonder how that became a trend. a few does it, then a few hundreds more follows and makes a benchmark of that price.

EGB18CT
22-12-2010, 09:46 AM
calm down people!

nothing modifying cannot fix too. i'm budgeting 18-23 for one in great condition (don't know if it will be enough, there was one asking for 22k which had 63k looked mint but sold) a few people asking 25-26+ 80-90k+km i think thats being a bit ambitious, cars getting 6 years old now and higher km.

anyway will see what i can find before my new job starts on the 17th (golfs are too exxy, don't like the renaults, fords, holdens, nc mx5 is tempting but the lack of power/modability of the engine is an issue but not off the cards yet same with a mini r53s, mazda 3 don't really like, and has to be a 2005+ car lowish km, mint, hmmm fussy! will see what i discover, hence the type s is ideal so far even though i would love something compact rwd but there is nothing around.

i think 18-23 sounds reasonable, 21-23 for a mint type s?

r3ckless
22-12-2010, 11:14 AM
A few people who have dc5r tend to facelift their car, in doing this, its defiantely a cheaper option and more worthwhile to buy the Type S. However if your budget is in the low 20's / high teen's, dont get aType S. Its not really a bang for buck option to be honest. mods are expensive and rare to come by.

dc2r-0636
22-12-2010, 11:33 AM
this one is a good catch imo.. and u can always bargain

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=14&R=9681267&keywords=&trecs=32&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=12AF3149CA59&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=1&__N=1216%201282%204294965105%204294965322%20429492 0721&silo=1011

EGB18CT
22-12-2010, 02:41 PM
yes i had seen that one, if i cant find one in melbourne by the new year i may fly up and check it out.

mrntegra
22-12-2010, 07:48 PM
im asking $25k for mine its on car sales but if i got the right offer i would sell it(but in no hurry at all as it still got more parts coming for it).. but i think they are worth more 18-21(just my opinion)

bungie77
23-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I have a red Type S in Brisbane with 80k on it that may be for sale shortly (@ the right price) if you are interested!

EGB18CT
23-12-2010, 09:58 AM
^ I would if it wasnt red and in melb.

Not looking at Red (fades), Black (swirls, stone chips and dirt shows bad - not owning another black car!) and possibly the copper orange, so looks like white, vivid blue or silver atm. fussy i know.

bungie77
23-12-2010, 03:56 PM
haha hey! my one red is fine, it hasn't faded at all. i just need to buff a few swirl marks out of it. and i also own a black dc5r... the paint on that is horrible at the moment... but i can't decide which one i want to keep!

EGB18CT
23-12-2010, 04:04 PM
out of black or red, i'd go with red, the black is a very nice colour (nighthawke black with blue pearl) although its a pain in the arse to maintain, plus honda's very soft paint, you have trouble minimising holograms and swirls, hence id take red even if it fades although may not be too much of an issue if the car is mostly undercover.

18dim
05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
a car is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it.
if you want that car, you are gonna spend the money in getting it.

in my opinion aswell, a type s integra is still worth 24-25k. thats with 50-60kms and in mint condition.
like i said, i sold mine for that, and i would pay that for one in the same condition.

overall, i see the type s as the newer model compared to the type R, and in my opinion, the S should still fetch more $$ than the Type R. No matter what the badge says. Yes i know it hasnt got that "Type R" hype name on it, but essentially you are paying for a newer and upgraded model, which justifies the extra $$.

after selling mine, i cant justify purchasing/selling an R for over 22-23

WATAJK
05-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Hahahaha, dude you're too sensitive about the issue, its just my opinion that im not a fan of the Audm DC5R. You have a Type-S & in fact you should be proud im not giving you shit, lol, ....and yes i do hear/read people giving crap about the audm silvias and i dont really care.
@WATAJK, where have you been these days my friend? auto-elect replacing you're interior map light ? lol

Back to the topic. Yes, i know about ppl's prices are a few grand above the redbook thats why wonder how that became a trend. a few does it, then a few hundreds more follows and makes a benchmark of that price.

Yeah... i wonder what redbook says the DC2R sells for....
yet they RARELY go at that price... and if they do, they're in shit condition.

As another stated, the car is worth as much as your willing to pay, not what redbook says.

EVLGTR
05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah... i wonder what redbook says the DC2R sells for....
yet they RARELY go at that price... and if they do, they're in shit condition.

As another stated, the car is worth as much as your willing to pay, not what redbook says.

I would consider using the redbook's guideline to sell my DC2R, if ever, and NO it isnt going to be in a shit condition kiddo coz unlike a jackass such as yourself i never abuse and thrash my car hahahhaha.

Back to your corner.

r3ckless
06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
I would consider using the redbook's guideline to sell my DC2R, if ever, and NO it isnt going to be in a shit condition kiddo coz unlike a jackass such as yourself i never abuse and thrash my car hahahhaha.

Back to your corner.

Your posts are so honestly, useless.

You talk sh!t and you know it.

DC5.Raven
06-01-2011, 08:30 AM

Back to your corner.

I think you should re-read WATAJK's post, calm the F*** down and stop being such an abusive C***. He stated that most DC2R's are priced higher than what Redbook suggests and they most of them are in shit condition.
No where in his post did he make reference to YOUR DC2R.

Your posts are so honestly, useless.

You talk sh!t and you know it.
^What he said...

Back on topic, like most have said here, most people tend to sell there cars above what Redbook suggests. And that applies to most cars, not just DC5S/R, DC2R or any other Honda fan-boy and their car.

For a clean DC5S, with full service history, log books, low kms, no accidents/touchups/resprays, I'd be prepared to pay 25-27k.

EVLGTR
06-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I think you should re-read WATAJK's post, calm the F*** down and stop being such an abusive C***. He stated that most DC2R's are priced higher than what Redbook suggests and they most of them are in shit condition.
No where in his post did he make reference to YOUR DC2R.

^What he said...

Back on topic, like most have said here, most people tend to sell there cars above what Redbook suggests. And that applies to most cars, not just DC5S/R, DC2R or any other Honda fan-boy and their car.

For a clean DC5S, with full service history, log books, low kms, no accidents/touchups/resprays, I'd be prepared to pay 25-27k.

Watch your language dude, i think you're the one that needs a chamomile tea. lol. Exactly what i read so what does a DC2R got to do with this topic about prices on Type-S?, what if i'll use the redbooks reference to determine the price if ever i sold my dc2?, is that breaking the rules?. dumbass

@reckless, if you're not going to say anything good, why bother. lol post #51 is just a waste of space

DC5.Raven
06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Watch your language dude, i think you're the one that needs a chamomile tea. lol. Exactly what i read so what does a DC2R got to do with this topic about prices on Type-S?, what if i'll use the redbooks reference to determine the price if ever i sold my dc2?, is that breaking the rules?. dumbass

@reckless, if you're not going to say anything good, why bother. lol post #51 is just a waste of space

If you are unclear about the link between DC2R prices and DC5S prices, then let me enlighten you.
The example with the DC2R was only brought up to illustrate Redbook's inaccuracy as a valuation tool.
And relating back to the DC5S, potential buyers should then be aware that Redbook is not 100% accurate.

If you decide to use Redbook as a reference when selling your DC2R, then good on you. In fact I would applaud you.
But the reality is, most people dont.
According to Redbook , a 2001 DC2R is only worth 9,900-12,000 between 100k-180k etc etc.
(http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=70426&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String| 0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceN um_Int32|0&__N=2994%204294956040%204294843457%204294965791&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=6&__sid=12D5AD686009)
If you go to Carsales then you find that prices can reach up to 20k for a DC2R.

Heres another example of a DC2R in which the price would be up for dispute:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?144142-***One-Imaculate-DC2R***

And r3ckless is entitled to his own opinion and post what ever he likes...clearly something that you have done numerous times.

EVLGTR
06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
If you are unclear about the link between DC2R prices and DC5S prices, then let me enlighten you.
The example with the DC2R was only brought up to illustrate Redbook's inaccuracy as a valuation tool.
And relating back to the DC5S, potential buyers should then be aware that Redbook is not 100% accurate.

If you decide to use Redbook as a reference when selling your DC2R, then good on you. In fact I would applaud you.
But the reality is, most people dont.
According to Redbook , a 2001 DC2R is only worth 9,900-12,000 between 100k-180k etc etc.
(http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=70426&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String| 0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceN um_Int32|0&__N=2994%204294956040%204294843457%204294965791&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=6&__sid=12D5AD686009)
If you go to Carsales then you find that prices can reach up to 20k for a DC2R.

Heres another example of a DC2R in which the price would be up for dispute:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?144142-***One-Imaculate-DC2R***

And r3ckless is entitled to his own opinion and post what ever he likes...clearly something that you have done numerous times.

What are you saying?, ppl are going to be willing to pay as much if they really like the car? lol. Mate, thats what im saying. its a trend to hike up prices these days.

r3ckless
06-01-2011, 03:36 PM

speak for yourself girlfriend.

smallsn
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
My mate sold his DC5S for 16K. Its body was still in good cond.

EVLGTR
06-01-2011, 07:29 PM
speak for yourself girlfriend.

you wish you had one. lol

WATAJK
06-01-2011, 09:16 PM
What are you saying?, ppl are going to be willing to pay as much if they really like the car? lol. Mate, thats what im saying. its a trend to hike up prices these days.

If i think a DC5R or DC5S is worth $30,000, i'll pay it, i gurantee you that i'll pay whatever the car i THINK is worth.
Someone on ClubITR sold his white Type S, full Mugen Lip Kit with JDM Bar, bolt on mods...
I believe above $30,000.

Your car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
My DC5R, is Milano Red. Fresh Respray, Regularly serviced, reguarly waxed, no faults mechanically and body.
Car runs perfect and strong. Reguarly given a push to keep everything fresh.
About to have a Major Service done.

I'd sell it for NO LESS than $25,000.
Only fault is recaro bolsters that were fk'd prior to me purchasing the car.

Any young kid who owns one of these cars and sells them... If they say they baby there car, there talking shit.
But that doesn't put me off buying the car.
I'd rather pay more for a car that's got a few things here and there done that i know im going to do myself to save time & money.
Either know you know the car has been pushed, it shouldn't push you off because these cars love to be rev'd out... They just beg for more.

EVLGTR
06-01-2011, 11:31 PM
If i think a DC5R or DC5S is worth $30,000, i'll pay it, i gurantee you that i'll pay whatever the car i THINK is worth.
Someone on ClubITR sold his white Type S, full Mugen Lip Kit with JDM Bar, bolt on mods...
I believe above $30,000.

Your car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
My DC5R, is Milano Red. Fresh Respray, Regularly serviced, reguarly waxed, no faults mechanically and body.
Car runs perfect and strong. Reguarly given a push to keep everything fresh.
About to have a Major Service done.

I'd sell it for NO LESS than $25,000.
Only fault is recaro bolsters that were fk'd prior to me purchasing the car.

Any young kid who owns one of these cars and sells them... If they say they baby there car, there talking shit.
But that doesn't put me off buying the car.
I'd rather pay more for a car that's got a few things here and there done that i know im going to do myself to save time & money.
Either know you know the car has been pushed, it shouldn't push you off because these cars love to be rev'd out... They just beg for more.

30K for a TypeS hahahha congrats for being dumb enough to get ripped-off.
You're car has been resprayed, probably been in an accident perhaps and you're selling it for $25,000 ?....GTF outta here, hahahah!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying id sell my DC2R, for example, almost double the price on what it should refer to the redbook or glass' if any poor soul is willing to pay for it?, whatta load of bollocks Hhahahahaha...!!!
You're making it sound as if anyone can hike up their price and its a leave it or take it game out there....I dont blame you or anyone though, i think its a good business on how to rip people off

r3ckless
07-01-2011, 07:33 AM
You're car has been resprayed, probably been in an accident perhaps and you're selling it for $25,000 ?....GTF outta here, hahahah!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying id sell my DC2R, for example, almost double the price on what it should refer to the redbook or glass' if any poor soul is willing to pay for it?, whatta load of bollocks Hhahahahaha...!!!
You're making it sound as if anyone can hike up their price and its a leave it or take it game out there....I dont blame you or anyone though, i think its a good business on how to rip people off

Your are aware that the white type s that sold for that price had quality stuff done to it.

Mugen lip kit - $3k
haltech ecu + tune - ~$2.5k
and then the usual i/h/e /sussy.
ganador mirros $400 plus painting.

I noticed with you EVLGTR - u only read the first sentence and have a stab at a reply from there.

EVLGTR
07-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Your are aware that the white type s that sold for that price had quality stuff done to it.

Mugen lip kit - $3k

I noticed with you EVLGTR - u only read the first sentence and have a stab at a reply from there.
Thanks for noticing, i see that you're paying attention. lol
I also notice you're pulling shit out of nowhere, we're talking about stock Type S & perhaps if it occurred to you the OP wants it stock, where did you get all these kits and junk man?, what white Type S are you babbling about?

LOL!. While we're on your topic, some ppl think installing riced-out kits and performance part makes it an instant gold. Wake up mate, its an FF street car not a JGTC race car & maybe the first time buyers would only drive it daily around the streets. Im having stomach cramps laughing at your reply.

WATAJK
07-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I also notice you're pulling shit out of nowhere, we're talking about stock Type S & perhaps if it occurred to you the OP wants it stock, where did you get all these kits and junk man?, what white Type S are you babbling about?

LOL!. While we're on your topic, some ppl think installing riced-out kits and performance part makes it an instant gold. Wake up mate, its an FF street car not a JGTC race car & maybe the first time buyers would only drive it daily around the streets. Im having stomach cramps laughing at your reply.

LOL....
I hope William posts in this thread and rolls you.

Where taking about Any Type S, stock or not.
Quality, destroyed, modify'd.

People will PAY what they believe it's worth, if your dumb enough to sell your car at a cheap price when it's at good nick then your the one losing out ay?
My car got side swipped and hit in my drivers door.
No chassis damage, so i doubt that would affect the sale price of my car retard.

r3ckless
07-01-2011, 06:52 PM

Mugen lip kit - $3k

You said $30K for a type s and got ripepd off?

I jsut justified to you the costs involved with that $30K type S. you are a frekaing idiot, but I love idiots like you, too stupid to even realise the entire ozhodna community doesnt like you.

WATAJK
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
You said $30K for a type s and got ripepd off?

I jsut justified to you the costs involved with that $30K type S. you are a frekaing idiot, but I love idiots like you, too stupid to even realise the entire ozhodna community doesnt like you.

+1

And you know what's funny... People actually agree with him....
People who agree with EVLGTR are a bunch of retards seriously.

r3ckless
07-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Grosso, I honestly dont know a single person who agrees with EVLGTR.

ekay1
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
EVLGTR people pay however much they want if they can afford it and if the car is up to that standard. Its not your call to say whether they are " dumb" or got "ripped off". If you have nothing better to say, why bother post, your making yourself sound like some immature kid. And as everyone has been saying, redbook is not a reliable source of information IMO when selling your car. You should think more before you state your theories and assumptions.

EVLGTR
07-01-2011, 11:37 PM
@ekay1. I can put it this way, i suppose its up to the individual and there are variable scenarios.....for example, id say good luck to the retard who buys a $30k Type-S and 2 months later engines dead or car isnt running at its optimal (and seller says thank you for the $30K). Whos laughing now? LOL. You know what im getting at?, i dont know if you or those 3 stooges understands that concept.

DC5.Raven
08-01-2011, 03:33 AM
awww boo hoo, no one likes me. LOL!
Hahahahhahaha, i just love the fact that you and WATAJK or dc5.Raven are taking this overly too serious....I still think its a rip off and theres nothing you can do about it. ..lmao.thats it though, get pumped up.. you, WATAJK and dc5 Raven need to get together and have a wank-off in a circle.

You dont seem to understand and grasp the concept of different perspectives. If a person is willing to pay 30k for the White DC5S then so be it. Personally I would not. But if someone else is, who are you to judge them?
You need to understand that the world is not black and white. Most of the time there is no right or wrong answer. Further whatever you think and any opinions you may hold may not be right. You need to let it go.
People have different opinions to you. Live with it! Your worlds not going to fall apart just because someone doesnt think the White DC5S with the Mugen kit is a rip off!

I think the major point that most people had in this thread was the fact that:
1.) Redbook is inaccurate as a car valuation tool for both buyers and sellers, and
2.) A car is only 'worth' as much as someone is willing to pay.

Besides that, we could only give general guidelines to those who have been asking this question (How much a DC5S is worth), further our own personal suggestions are largely based on personal opinion and any other biases we may have.

Zilli
08-01-2011, 07:07 AM
boys settle down please... i'll keep an eye on this thread and if this keeps going i'll shut it down.. remember if you put a view up here you gotta be ready for all responses good or bad...

WATAJK
08-01-2011, 10:24 AM
You dont seem to understand and grasp the concept of different perspectives. If a person is willing to pay 30k for the White DC5S then so be it. Personally I would not. But if someone else is, who are you to judge them?
You need to understand that the world is not black and white. Most of the time there is no right or wrong answer. Further whatever you think and any opinions you may hold may not be right. You need to let it go.
People have different opinions to you. Live with it! Your worlds not going to fall apart just because someone doesnt think the White DC5S with the Mugen kit is a rip off!

I think the major point that most people had in this thread was the fact that:
1.) Redbook is inaccurate as a car valuation tool for both buyers and sellers, and
2.) A car is only 'worth' as much as someone is willing to pay.

Besides that, we could only give general guidelines to those who have been asking this question (How much a DC5S is worth), further our own personal suggestions are largely based on personal opinion and any other biases we may have.

Agreed.
I personally would of paid $30k for that Type S though if i didn't have my DC5R and was in the market for a integra...
Due to the fact... White Type S... VERY uncommon... Mugen Lip Kit... Uncommon and looks so nice...
The modifications were just pure quality IMHO.
Worth every penny, a CW DC2R/DC5R/DC5S is always worth abit more then any other colour due to the fact there less common on the road...
Generally, you'll pay roughly an extra maybe $1000-$3000...
Thats the price you pay because you want a certain colour.

GSi_PSi
08-01-2011, 11:52 AM
EVLGTR how much did you pay to the dealer for your Type-R? did you tell them redbook says there worth 10k so give it to me for that price
also dealer sales are always priced more than private sales, , so if your cliaming carsales etc are ripoff prices how on earth did you
pay for a DC2R from a dealership LMAO?

18dim
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM
EVLGTR how much did you pay to the dealer for your Type-R? did you tell them redbook says there worth 10k so give it to me for that price
also dealer sales are always priced more than private sales, , so if your cliaming carsales etc are ripoff prices how on earth did you

exactly.

EVLGTR, what about that skyline it says you have on ur profile?
according to redbook, thats probs only worth about 6-8k.
if you paid more than that, sorry to say, you got ripped buddy. (according to the redbook theory)

EVLGTR
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
LOL @ all the heated replies. I didnt know how easy this could get into someones head.

EVLGTR
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM

It was a near-new model which was almost 10 yrs ago coming out of a dealer, i had a massive discount from it due to having a relative working in the finance section of Honda Australia. Go figure. LOL!!!!

EVLGTR
08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
exactly.

EVLGTR, what about that skyline it says you have on ur profile?
according to redbook, thats probs only worth about 6-8k.
if you paid more than that, sorry to say, you got ripped buddy. (according to the redbook theory)

6-8k now? or before?...i wouldnt know, i couldnt find an import 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R on redbook.com.au

Back to your corner please. LOL

ekay1
08-01-2011, 05:38 PM
@ekay1. I can put it this way, i suppose its up to the individual and there are variable scenarios.....for example, id say good luck to the retard who buys a $30k Type-S and 2 months later engines dead or car isnt running at its optimal (and seller says thank you for the $30K). Whos laughing now? LOL. You know what im getting at?, i dont know if you or those 3 stooges understands that concept.

First of all, it is highly unlikely that an engine is just going to die in 2 months. Where did you read of someones type S engine dying within 2 months? The car is worth what the individual believes what its worth, that is all. Redbook is only going to get you so far into low balling a dealer or selling your car for a ridiculously low price. Dont know why your calling others stooges when your the one making up crap and making up your own concepts which no one follows.

Agreed with GSi, it is very rare to find a dc2r under 10k which is in a decent condition, plus as he said, dealers jack up the price more than private sales. Decent dc2rs go from around 13k+ easy depending on the individual and their care. Got no idea how you got your dc2r

civic_
08-01-2011, 09:35 PM
30K for a type s? yes its alot of money to be paying for a type s...BUT consider the mods that have been done to it; full mugen lip kit, ce28ns, type r wing + shaved type s stock spoiler, ohlins coilovers, mugen pedals + visors + labour and paint costs if you were to buy a type s and do these mods to it its going to end up costing you ALOT more than 30K...also consider this if the owner sells the car a few years later for 18-20K and parts out the car the mods are easily worth 5k as they are RARE and highly sorted after parts so in total if the car was sold for lets say 19k in total the owner will receive 24K so he loses 6K...now consider someone who buys a brand new car and they sell it 5 years later they are going to lose in most cases ALOT more than 6K my point is a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and in the end most of the time you get for what you pay for...if something is cheap it is cheap for a reason or vice versa so stop being so narrow minded...

EVLGTR
09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
First of all, it is highly unlikely that an engine is just going to die in 2 months. Where did you read of someones type S engine dying within 2 months? The car is worth what the individual believes what its worth, that is all. Redbook is only going to get you so far into low balling a dealer or selling your car for a ridiculously low price. Dont know why your calling others stooges when your the one making up crap and making up your own concepts which no one follows.

Agreed with GSi, it is very rare to find a dc2r under 10k which is in a decent condition, plus as he said, dealers jack up the price more than private sales. Decent dc2rs go from around 13k+ easy depending on the individual and their care. Got no idea how you got your dc2r

Hahahaha...highly unlike but plausible as well as other mechanical failures not only in two months & could also occur within a yr. Ive read major and minor problems of a "car" after moron #1 purchasing it from moron #2 (private seller) who discreetly hides the damage under a rug, that scenario is common than you might think, so dont be naive and turn a blind eye on it.
It makes sense that most guys say in this thread would say "The car is worth what the individual believes what its worth" because thats what moron #2 wants you to believe and that charlie brown is how to up sell and rip moron #1 off. LOL!
Another point it is, be careful of what you're purchasing, if you believe its worth that much then jump at your own risk. Buyers have desires till their hearts are fully content and that is a weakness sellers could actually exploit. No one has to believe me at the end of the day, thats why i just find it hilarious in here. hahahahaha. Apologies for calling them 3 stooges, sorry if i didnt include you if thats what you're trying to say?

EVLGTR
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
@civic_ fair enough i respect your opinion BUT let me ask my friend, If you put mods to a car how do I know how its going to run? Any reason why you've modded the car? any reason why youve added, let say, over 10K to it?. Let say im a buyer that would only need a street daily-driven car (Type-S is a perfect example), i ask myself why do i need these mods when it isnt going even to enter a rally, gymkhana or a touring championship series. lol...... $30K for a Type S, disregarding the mod, its breaking my heart

WATAJK
09-01-2011, 12:11 PM
@civic_ fair enough i respect your opinion BUT let me ask my friend, If you put mods to a car how do I know how its going to run? Any reason why you've modded the car? any reason why youve added, let say, over 10K to it?. Let say im a buyer that would only need a street daily-driven car (Type-S is a perfect example), i ask myself why do i need these mods when it isnt going even to enter a rally, gymkhana or a touring championship series. lol...... $30K for a Type S, disregarding the mod, its breaking my heart

Considering the Type S looks very BLAND, (no offense Type S owners) compared to the Type R, the Mugen Lip Kit, gives it a very Aggressive look, changing to a set of CE28's just make it look even meaner especially when the offset is perfect...
You do know what CE28's sell for??
The point is... the person who buys the car, is saving money because if he choose to the same Mod's, it'd cost him a bloody fortune...

Your wrong in everything you say.
The K Series are one of the best motors in the world, very rarely have they ever failed an owner apart from Hydrolocking or mis-shifting..
I HIGHLY doubt the car would just die in 2 months... god your a retard... i swear you are... You talk such crap.

GSi_PSi
09-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Why are you guys wasting your time with an ignorant individual? obviously he has nothing better to do with his time, so he goes into threads and expresses his stupid opinions which dont hold any value so he can create conflict.
Honestly guys dont waste your time, isnt this thread about how much people have PAID for their Integra Type-S not a discussion on how much it is WORTH.
People are going to advertise their property for whatever amount they want , if individuals feel the need to go rant at how stupid they are for how much they think its
worth then why dont you go directly to them and voice your opinion.

ekay1
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
i guess EVLGTR is just not INTO the whole car scene like some of us here are...most of us in this forum are car enthusiasts an easy way to sum that up is we treat our cars like human beings..the whole price hiking thing doenst just apply to cars it happens and its just how things are...if people are in demand of something then the price is going to be higher if all integras that are for sale are all black and one white one pops up then the white one could be sold at a higher price because its "rare" and a popular colour amongst us (general example, colour is up the individual, but im just saying) and people obviously want the best price for their cars so it comes to how much you want the car and how "Rare" it is do you want to be different and stand out of the crowd or be the same? how many mugen kits + ce28ns have you seen on a white type s? ive only seen 2 jdmyards one which will never been seen on the streeet as it is a track car and the one the was mentioned here...and as for the condition of the car im sure u can tell if the car has been treated well or not and things like this can be backed up by full service history, state road inspections, revs check, etc...which people obviously do before they purchase a car...im sure u can tell if a car has been treated properly or not and you take a mechanic along to double check etc...having ssaid that hondas are one of the most reliable cars out there

WATAJK
09-01-2011, 03:17 PM
i guess EVLGTR is just not INTO the whole car scene like some of us here are...most of us in this forum are car enthusiasts an easy way to sum that up is we treat our cars like human beings..the whole price hiking thing doenst just apply to cars it happens and its just how things are...if people are in demand of something then the price is going to be higher if all integras that are for sale are all black and one white one pops up then the white one could be sold at a higher price because its "rare" and a popular colour amongst us (general example, colour is up the individual, but im just saying) and people obviously want the best price for their cars so it comes to how much you want the car and how "Rare" it is do you want to be different and stand out of the crowd or be the same? how many mugen kits + ce28ns have you seen on a white type s? ive only seen 2 jdmyards one which will never been seen on the streeet as it is a track car and the one the was mentioned here...and as for the condition of the car im sure u can tell if the car has been treated well or not and things like this can be backed up by full service history, state road inspections, revs check, etc...which people obviously do before they purchase a car...im sure u can tell if a car has been treated properly or not and you take a mechanic along to double check etc...having ssaid that hondas are one of the most reliable cars out there

he's a idiot from boost cruising... wouldnt expect any less lol

EVLGTR
10-01-2011, 10:33 AM
@WATAJK yeah and you're a moron that gets left behind vtec'ing....that i wouldnt expect any MORE. hahahha.

At least its an equivalent to a good deed when selling your car cheap, if you're so worried about money maybe you oughta work hard mate. Losing a few grand doesnt hurt to save up in time (thats if you know how)

@ekay1 You're still young perhaps theres too much fast n furious culture in your head, there are obligations in life other than what your heart desires.

EVLGTR
10-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Why are you guys wasting your time with an ignorant individual? obviously he has nothing better to do with his time, so he goes into threads and expresses his stupid opinions which dont hold any value so he can create conflict.
Honestly guys dont waste your time, isnt this thread about how much people have PAID for their Integra Type-S not a discussion on how much it is WORTH.
People are going to advertise their property for whatever amount they want , if individuals feel the need to go rant at how stupid they are for how much they think its
worth then why dont you go directly to them and voice your opinion.

Hahahaha its an opinion you'll never understand in this lifetime, if you think its a waste of time then why are you here?. I guess it takes one to know one LOL

EVLGTR
10-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Your wrong in everything you say.
The K Series are one of the best motors in the world, very rarely have they ever failed an owner apart from Hydrolocking or mis-shifting..
I HIGHLY doubt the car would just die in 2 months... god your a retard... i swear you are... You talk such crap.

Calm down, dont wanna get your blood pressure rising.

45SET
10-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I saw the thread had gone for 8 pages, and the last reply was from EVLGTR...

So I knew that there would be some good reading inside.

And as usual, EVLGTR (And to a lesser extent Watajk) provided.

Keep up the good work EVLGTR:thumbsup: suck those noobs in!!

ekay1
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
@WATAJK yeah and you're a moron that gets left behind vtec'ing....that i wouldnt expect any MORE. hahahha.

At least its an equivalent to a good deed when selling your car cheap, if you're so worried about money maybe you oughta work hard mate. Losing a few grand doesnt hurt to save up in time (thats if you know how)

@ekay1 You're still young perhaps theres too much fast n furious culture in your head, there are obligations in life other than what your heart desires.

At least im not old and have no obligatins in life mate. If you really had other obligations in life, why are you talking like a retard on this forum? Hope you get some sense knocked into you

WATAJK
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Alright mate...
Settle Grettle...
I don't work hard at all... ^^ Totally...
Im done with you...
You've passed enough time for me =)
You can be everyone else's entertainment now.

EVLGTR
11-01-2011, 10:23 AM
At least im not old and have no obligatins in life mate. If you really had other obligations in life, why are you talking like a retard on this forum? Hope you get some sense knocked into you

Way to go mate, this is just gets better and better lmao!!!. When you grow older you'll know whats the meaning of "obligation in life". Its just a bit of advice kiddo, dont be so stubborn.

EVLGTR
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Alright mate...
Settle Grettle...
I don't work hard at all... ^^ Totally...
Im done with you...
You've passed enough time for me =)
You can be everyone else's entertainment now.

Alright fair enough, you dont work hard at all....i see...that further makes sense everytime your car (which was probably purchased for $30k by mummy and daddy) has a simple electrical problem you take it to an "auto-electrician" LOL!!!. Such a lucky rich guy :)

WATAJK
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Alright fair enough, you dont work hard at all....i see...that further makes sense everytime your car (which was probably purchased for $30k by mummy and daddy) has a simple electrical problem you take it to an "auto-electrician" LOL!!!. Such a lucky rich guy :)

hahaha okay buddy...
I'll leave you to it =)

burak213
19-01-2011, 09:54 PM
so whats the price going now days for a type S?

PG_DC5
20-01-2011, 11:23 AM
so whats the price going now days for a type S?
im probably the latest guy on here to get one (in october 2010)
if u didnt catch my post before mate, i paid 19 grand for my 05 type S, with 94k on the odo, and its black. it didnt come with a service history though, but got it checked, and it had been serviced properly, just no records of them.
i got very lucky but, because mine was from auctions (it was a fleet car from canberra), and looking around, they were around 21-24grand for the same km and colour etc

runs like new still :)

DC5-4ME
20-01-2011, 05:56 PM
if u didnt catch my post before mate, i paid 19 grand for my 05 type S, with 94k on the odo, and its black. it didnt come with a service history though, but got it checked, and it had been serviced properly, just no records of them.
i got very lucky but, because mine was from auctions (it was a fleet car from canberra), and looking around, they were around 21-24grand for the same km and colour etc

I forgot the website, i used to have it. u can check when, where, what for if a previous owner has ever bought their car to a honda dealership for service. Its all online, u punch in rego, vin number as well i believe. the website is honda something.

migoreng
20-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Hondaone.com.au

Mikecivic78
20-01-2011, 07:10 PM
15K. Sounds like a bargain. What's wrong with it? http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?__Qpb=true&SearchAction=N&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=10&__Ntt=type r&R=9795956&__D=type r&silo=1011&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1|| pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=vti-r&__No=0&__sid=12C8FA665BFF&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294965322 4294965105 900&trecs=21&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&seot=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

PG_DC5
20-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I forgot the website, i used to have it. u can check when, where, what for if a previous owner has ever bought their car to a honda dealership for service. Its all online, u punch in rego, vin number as well i believe. the website is honda something.

yeah just looked it up, hondaone?
signed up but need to wait for a gold membership or somthing
thanks for the heads up

Rubes
07-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Yeah i got one the same time. Grey Type S. 96k. I payed 17 and a half, but it's rego was expiring in a couple of days. He had no log books as well, but for half it's life it was serviced at Honda, and then for the other half at a mechanic. So far it's been great. Although I think it the battery is having some problems now.

D R U
11-02-2011, 12:32 AM
I paid 24.5k a while back. Grey colour, 60k Km's. One owner, full service history.

Not the cheapest, but its in great condition, bar a few marks here and there.

Also came with some Zeal coilovers which the original owner didn't install. :)