PDA

View Full Version : bar hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

j3z3z
04-10-2005, 12:07 PM
The BAR-Honda team has been forced to postpone its Formula 1 land speed record attempt because of torrential rain.

The Bonnevile Salt Flats in Utah, where BAR test driver Alan van der Merwe had aimed to break the 400kph barrier, are currently under an inch of standing water and will not have sufficiently dried out by the time the attempt is scheduled to take place (October 5-8).

“The adverse weather conditions in Bonneville have given us no other option but to postpone the scheduled running of the BAR Honda 067 on the Bonneville Salt Flats," said the team's sporting director Gil de Ferran.

"This is a short term disappointment to the team, but the very nature of attempting to run a car at speeds in excess of 400 km/h on a natural surface means it is always susceptible to bad weather and we were fully prepared for this eventuality."

The team insists that the postponement is only a setback and has sent an observation team out to the US to gather information on when best to try again.

"We will be rescheduling our record attempt once our observation team returns to Brackley," said de Ferran.

"But we are determined to get back out to Utah again as soon as possible.”

^^v
04-10-2005, 12:12 PM
damn...

Fr3aKi3
04-10-2005, 01:18 PM
it'd be great to see them crack the 400 barrier

j3z3z
04-10-2005, 02:29 PM
personaly i cant see why they cant minimum wing run the engine like its stolen and they should make it easy considering they make 360-370 at monza without slipsteam easy 400 should easily be on the cards. look at the new bugatti 2 ton car with only 100bhp more then the f1 car and it makes 405ks the f1 car wheighing in at 650kg with driver

^^v
04-10-2005, 06:14 PM
true that..

i dun think 400kmph would be hard to surpass in an f1 car (considering the Indy cars go 400+ around the ovals)...
realistically i reckon they'd be lucky to get to 450+.... coz even if they run minimum wing n long as gear ratios... at those speeds the downforce produced would be quite significant... not to mention the massive drag those front tyres produce... plus the bumpy surface of the salt flats...

Vivski
06-10-2005, 11:51 PM
You say it like it's easy. 400km/h is freakin mind blowingly fast when you're 20cm off the ground!!