PDA

View Full Version : Rear Swing Arm Bushes

azurenights
05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi all,

Just want some advice about rear swing arm bushes. I live in the ACT and own a 95 Honda Civic EG Vti. Just had my car under go the 200 000 km service and afterwards Honda said that my rear swing arm bushes need replacing. They are charging $600 for parts and labour. My question is whether I should do it with Honda or go elsewhere for a better price, and if I do go elsewhere anyone have any recommendations in the ACT?

A friend of mine said that after installing the new rear swing arm bushes my wheels will need to be re-aligned so I have to do it with a shop that does suspension.

Will my car wear down faster if I don't get these bushes replaced soon? Thank you in advance for any advice or tips.

ECU-MAN
05-10-2005, 10:10 PM
your car wont wear down faster if you dont replace those bushes, your rear wheel will fold in under the car around a corner or somthing when that bush lets go ( not good )

those bushes are worth $90 each

bennjamin
05-10-2005, 10:17 PM
your car wont wear down faster if you dont replace those bushes, your rear wheel will fold in under the car around a corner or somthing then that bush lets go ( not good )

those bushes are worth $90 each

Yup - to install = "about" $60 per side here in Sydney and shouldnt be any different other places. It might be cheaper for you to drive all the way up to Hannys performance in Smithfield,Sydney - get them to install and drive home and still have about $150 cash leftover.

**Ghost**
05-10-2005, 10:20 PM
are u talkng about rear trailing arm bushes? cos if so dont get it done at honda... its actually a LOT of labor to get it done, requiring almost complete dismantling of rear sussy

Photonic_Si
06-10-2005, 02:32 AM
hahaha. true. LOL.

I had this happen to me while executing a rather quick 170kmh right hand sweeping bend. This bush decided to **** off on me sending my left corner outwards, putting me into a 170kmh drift. Bad news. I mounted a curb, fortunatly a sloped one, and nearly hit an armco that protected a rather large main powerline assembly.

Fix it before it becomes a problem. or if you are a pussy driver, dont worry about it, youll be fine, sorta.

LOL

ECU-MAN
06-10-2005, 09:12 PM
hahaha. true. LOL.

I had this happen to me while executing a rather quick 170kmh right hand sweeping bend. This bush decided to **** off on me sending my left corner outwards, putting me into a 170kmh drift. Bad news. I mounted a curb, fortunatly a sloped one, and nearly hit an armco that protected a rather large main powerline assembly.

Fix it before it becomes a problem. or if you are a pussy driver, dont worry about it, youll be fine, sorta.

LOL

the above happen on the race track right !!!!!