PDA

View Full Version : Simota CAI

bside
06-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey guys,

Has anyone here installed a Simota CAI on a dc4 98gsi teg?

I was installing my Simota CAI, and the piping was incorrect. I've tried all different positions of the pipe so it fitted correctly but didn't work.
the first pipe connects fine (the one with the breather hose) and then the 2nd pipe is the problem, it should be straight pipe through to the 3rd, but at the end of the 2nd pipe, it has a little bend (45 degree).

I am 100% sure it doesn't fit, but anyone have any suggestions?

thanks.

HRV-80Y
06-10-2005, 11:18 AM
abosultely no idea what you are tryin 2 say...

or maybe its jus me...

kousoku
06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
i had similar problems i beleive, from memory,

the first pipe is the smalest pipe which is just a 90 degree turn (attach to intake valve), but you need to angle it up a little bit, then you attach the longer straight pipe with a 60 degree angle which faces down a bit, but the long straight section should be angles up a little bit so it connects to the first pipe. and then attach the last one, which isn't the two i have just named.

bside
06-10-2005, 12:21 PM
HRV-80Y: yeah its harder to explain when everything im saying is from what i remember, pictures say 100000000 words. Will post them up later tnite.

kousoku: The last pipe doesn't fit in properly. which simota kit do you have?

bside
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
anyone?

dc4t
06-10-2005, 05:42 PM
umm with mine the 2nd pipe was attached straight to the 3rd and it did have the 45 degree turn but since they were attached together there was no end to each pipe that needed to be connected.. have u gone and tried to disconnect the 2 pipes? because all i did was connect the 1 breather hose to the intake pipe and left the other 2 hoses as is.. if u dont understand that.. that means i didnt understand ur question the first place lol

bside
06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
ok didn't quite understand that, hmmm you used all 3 pipes right? one to the intake valve, and then second was straight with a 45 degree curve and then the third underneath the bonnet?
i get so confused. where did you buy yours from? and what year model your dc4?