PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Video: TSX hit under 15sec 1/4mile????

raz05
06-10-2005, 11:28 PM
The link of the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6554922554360275463&q=tsx

aaronng
06-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Of course, it is a Hondata reflashed TSX. Notice that he can rev up to 7600rpm without any fuel cutoff? And most Hondata reflashed TSX's have a CAI and headers.

It's nice. Now I just have to save the clip!

raz05
06-10-2005, 11:51 PM
That's why
I was wondering b4 how can it hits over 7300rpm

aaronng
07-10-2005, 12:04 AM
It's a great clip! I'm trying my best to record it off the screen now. haha

Edit: the one that I manage to record is too low a framerate. Maybe it's a limitation of the program. I hope someone can find the source of the video.

Haha, found it

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25190

EuroAccord13
07-10-2005, 02:46 AM
That car has to definately be under 15s...

Now's my turn for Australia... That is if I can LOL! :D

albii
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
frig me........bad start too .he bogs down badly and still gets to 100 in 6.3 on his way to a 14.7 quarter and you notice he backs off too early.......sheesh should be even quicker..maybe 14.3-14.5

VirIIx
07-10-2005, 02:30 PM
hmm i wonder how much money i'll have left for myself if i get a hondata ecu upgrade :)

aaronng
07-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Me thinks $1500 for the reflash, Then you need headers and you'll have to get rid of your ice box for a proper CAI. hahehehhehe. I'd say $2300?

yfin
07-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Me thinks $1500 for the reflash, Then you need headers and you'll have to get rid of your ice box for a proper CAI. hahehehhehe. I'd say $2300?

Don't be so quick to diss the Icebox man! Its better than you might think - esp with rolling starts. :D

Here it my prediction - the base Euro with Hondata, headers and CAI will do better than this video. Big call, maybe. The main difference is weight - the TSX weighs 75kg more.

albii
07-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Don't be so quick to diss the Icebox man! Its better than you might think - esp with rolling starts. :D

Here it my prediction - the base Euro with Hondata, headers and CAI will do better than this video. Big call, maybe. The main difference is weight - the TSX weighs 75kg more.
i think you are spot on ....euro standard 6sp with these mods would freaking hammer..considering in the video there is alittle bit more time to make up (BOGGING DOWN ON TAKE OFF) then i tend to think the euro standard would or could pull mid 14s at least.........now thats worth $2300

aaronng
07-10-2005, 05:22 PM

It's just that Hondata will be tuned for use with a CAI. I'm not dissing the icebox :) but if the ECU is tuned for the amount of air available from a CAI, the icebox will only be limiting its potential.

I read somewhere that 50kg is worth 0.1s for cars around 200hp.

But I don't think our standard Euro with just a cai, headers and hondata can match their time. Look at this guy's mods :eek: :

Engine mods:
1. Hondata refresh
2. Hondata HSG
3. Big bored TB
4. TB coolant bypass
5. DC header
6. Carsound cat
7. Tanabe SMH exhaust
8. K&N CAI

yfin
07-10-2005, 05:35 PM
It's just that Hondata will be tuned for use with a CAI.

The Hondata figures on their web site are from a TSX with the Icebox. So if anything it is tuned for the Comptech Icebox.

aaronng
07-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Where did you see that? All the Hondata release material I have seen has involved testing of the Icebox.
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=230&page=2&pp=10

Post #12

We also have our own HondaTech Exhaust system, and our own Cold Air Intake system which the Euro Flash will be tuned specifically for.

yfin
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Yep - I know what you mean - but I was actually talking about Hondata for the TSX where they used the Icebox.

No one really knows what James is doing in Aust as he hasn't released much info yet. He may have developed his own CAI - but what that looks like who knows. And why his own CAI is better than anything from Injen, k&n or Comptech I don't know either. Personally, I'd prefer to stick with an intake more well known.

I am somewhat dissapointed he has taken the route of designing his own intake to tune the hondata. He must know that buyers of the hondata will generally already have one of 4 intakes (AEM, injen, k&N, comptech). Why not tune for what is already in the market rather than try to get people to buy a new product?

aaronng
07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I think it's to reduce the cost of the CAI. Being just a metal tube with ports and a cone filter, he can sell the Hondata packages at a lower price to maintain the profit margin when compared to importing the branded ones from the US.

Im sure that most CAIs flow air well enough and among the branded ones, they should flow air similarly and Hondata should work with any good CAI (homemade PVC piping ones not withstanding). I just hope that the CAI that they are using is up the standard of the overseas CAIs.

Also, if Hondata is used on an Euro with stock intake and headers, the power gains are only in the 4000-6000rpm range (still a substantial gain from the TSX dynos). There just won't be a big increase in peak power at 6800rpm, and peak power is what everybody craves for, lol.