PDA

View Full Version : s2000 header

SSs
06-10-2005, 11:56 PM
hi everyone, i am currently using "hks high power exhausts",i need a header combin with this kit,anyone has any good idea,what brand header is good and not too expensive,also any how much "kw" will be more..

ThX

s2king
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Honestly, please dont go cheap on a header. I have a Mugen one and its awesome, the build quality is amazing and its lighter than stock.
Not sure on the prices but id say, J's Racing, Mugen, Toda, cant go wrong with them. In terms of how much power your going to get, should be noticeable with any of those headers.

SSs
07-10-2005, 01:31 AM
how much u got u header!!

.::F[L]Y::.
07-10-2005, 08:32 AM
the stock s2k header is actually quite good. Atm im running a HKS header, much better top end...not sure how many kw gain though

s2king
07-10-2005, 12:14 PM
how much u got u header!!

The Mugen header is probably the most expencive one, got it for i think around $2300 and comes with heat shield.

datzlr
13-10-2005, 06:58 PM
damns u might aswells buy a supercharge kit LOL :P

xforce should be cheaper

s2king
13-10-2005, 08:07 PM
damns u might aswells buy a supercharge kit LOL :P

xforce should be cheaper

Please dont buy Xforce, are you serious?

DC5R8
14-10-2005, 10:01 PM
go for TODA header man!

datzlr
16-10-2005, 04:42 PM
ahahaah

i got an xforce on my s15 seems fine sounds heaps good

panda
16-10-2005, 07:38 PM
would xforce be better than stock?

go for gold, go for proven brands, you pay a little more but you will never turn back

j's, mugen, spoon, amuse :thumbsup:

blusir2
20-11-2005, 02:20 AM
i can say that the TODA headers for the S2K are very very good... all tuned lengths and welded to perfection.. all hand made.. go to our site for a quote and look at wat else we have... we are listed here on the forum as a parts trader... go in check out wat we have and start dribbling...

im gettin my set soon for my S2K.. TODA have also just made the cat back for the S2K and DC5 as well..

our website is www.todaracing.com.au

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

24-12-2005, 09:48 AM
blusir2, once u get your header do you think you could post up some dyno charts for us to see.

hondaboy
24-12-2005, 06:37 PM
there will be **** all gains with a full flowing exhaust

BigWillieStyles
15-01-2006, 01:00 AM
there will be **** all gains with a full flowing exhaust

How so?

So many threads on ozhonda contain info on mods, but very rarely have i ever seen what gains these mods bring!

hondaboy
15-01-2006, 04:37 AM
F20C is highly tuned from factory, so further gains are quite hard to achieve and are consequently expensive. Not worth the money IMO, forced induction is much better value for money.

blusir2
14-02-2006, 04:08 PM
F20C is highly tuned from factory, so further gains are quite hard to achieve and are consequently expensive. Not worth the money IMO, forced induction is much better value for money.

Your correct dude. its very hard to gain power from the S2K engine otherwise it wouldnt be the best N/A 2.0L engine in the world. But!!!! A proper exhaust system like the TODA one is proven to give gains. I shall show u guys my dyno charts when I finally put them on. You gotta remember that its not just power that is the gain. When u change the exhaust and headers u get a much smoother top end. It doesnt choke when ur blasting it in the red zone and the engine runs smoother as the exhaust gases leave quicker.
But seriously ur right coz the whole S2K exhaust system is-

1. Mandrel bent
2. Stainless Steel
3. 2.5 inches in diameter

but where it does need improvement is the headers as they are heavy and the lengths arent as tuned and the rear mufflers. They kill top end performance as they are restrictive due to noise regs.
If you read our Toda Racing post on "best bang for bucks" for the S2K at the top of the S2K forum u will know what to do.

stock2k
14-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Can i run the toda headers with the rest of the stock exhaust system?

blusir2
15-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Can i run the toda headers with the rest of the stock exhaust system?

u can of course but no point unless u at least change the rear mufflers..

coz if u high flow the system from the header back and then it comes to a standstill at the rear mufflers u have just wasted all the money for the headers.

this is what i am doin and its only personal choice. i am gettin the headers and already have 2 rear mufflers, that are like the mugen loops from civics, with piping made up to fit the original mid section pipe and a matching flange. with this i will get power gain but no loud droning exhaust as i drive my car everyday.

stock2k
15-02-2006, 05:53 PM
u can of course but no point unless u at least change the rear mufflers..

coz if u high flow the system from the header back and then it comes to a standstill at the rear mufflers u have just wasted all the money for the headers.

this is what i am doin and its only personal choice. i am gettin the headers and already have 2 rear mufflers, that are like the mugen loops from civics, with piping made up to fit the original mid section pipe and a matching flange. with this i will get power gain but no loud droning exhaust as i drive my car everyday.
i know that i won't get pwer gains but u mentioned that the headers being heavy and untuned lengths, thats why i wanna change them to improve this problem but i don't want a loud muffler as it gets annoying . will there be any diff it i just change the headers? how quiet is ur set up?

blusir2
16-02-2006, 11:19 AM
There wont be too much difference in noise as the headers are really for top end use so unless u really gas it u wun hear much difference. Even then it will only be a little louder. Its the rear muffler that creates noise as that is the exit point. But a proper exhaust is definately a good idea as the flow is much better. U can actually feel it in the accelerator as the throttle response up top is better coz the engine isnt choking.
I think the setup i said before is quite a good one. but the first thing to change is the rear mufflers before the headers. They are the achilles' tendon of the S2K's exhaust. Then get the headers if u were to get things in stages. But gettin both is best as ur car will be in the workshop anywayz. Saves a trip to the workshop. Wat is best though is gettin the full TODA exhaust system. Check out the TODA website. The catback exhausts have just recently been in production after a overwhelming support for the headers they decided to make a catback system to compliment it.

http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_s2000/exhaust_system.html[/URL]

16-02-2006, 11:29 AM
i reckon the stock header is quite good...you should leave the header as the last mod if at all... Although i have heard the j's racing header is the best out there whilst toda offers the best bang for buck.

blusir2
16-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Y::.']blusir2, once u get your header do you think you could post up some dyno charts for us to see.

Here is a Dyno graph of the TODA headers compared to the stock one.

Torque on the left graph, Power on the right. They are very good gains.

http://www.todaracing.com/images/s2000_manifold_dyno_full.jpg

dc-r
17-02-2006, 07:06 AM
donno abt kw, but friend of mine changed to HKS header in 3 weeks be4.
he said he feel more power in middle range of rpm, and a lot difference in high rpm.
he said he is very happy with HKS header, now he ordered HKS high power cat back.
i will say, HKS header is good for your S2000.
or Spoon or Vision... Good luck !!!

nastyazn694u
17-02-2006, 12:30 PM
one of my mates got the amuse titanium full exhaust and headers. he told me that middle to top end was dramatically improved as well as throttle response. power was noticable increased and sound was remarkable. downside is its very exxy at $6k a pop. weighs only 3kg or something tho..

SPEEDCORE
17-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Here is a Dyno graph of the TODA headers compared to the stock one.

Mate was that just a header change with stock cat and catback? And running stock ECU ie. untuned?

blusir2
17-02-2006, 11:41 PM
yeh thats correct mate. otherwise it wouldnt be a fair comparison. U can see the real difference in gettin headers is the mid to high end torque. When the vtec cam lobe kicks in its a much more aggressive profile. The standard header doesnt allow it to make use of its full potential due to noise and pollution restrictions. Power isnt of great gains due to the fact u are not increasing the rev limit but as u can see due to the fact that

power = torque x revs

the power increases slightly because of the increase in torque. The torque is wat is more important. I would recommend them. I havent seen any others but as u know TODA have a very good reputation for being well researched as everything is made in house and the exhaust manifold is hand made as well.

Jason
TODA Racing AUstralia

kongfu
18-02-2006, 12:21 AM
TODA and SPOON highly recommended!Never buy XFORCE!

dc-r
18-02-2006, 11:43 AM
TODA and SPOON highly recommended!Never buy XFORCE!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
agree with no XFORCE :D

SPEEDCORE
20-02-2006, 07:23 AM
yeh thats correct mate. otherwise it wouldnt be a fair comparison

:eek: ... In that case I am extreamly impressed with those results. And yes... the main thing that attracted my attention was the increase in tq especially around what I presume x-over or at least soon after. Very interesting indeed! :thumbsup:

blusir2
27-02-2006, 11:18 PM
:eek: ... In that case I am extreamly impressed with those results. And yes... the main thing that attracted my attention was the increase in tq especially around what I presume x-over or at least soon after. Very interesting indeed! :thumbsup:

I'll show u my graphs in about end of march. My parts are coming on the next order we have made at TODA.
I have gone the full exhaust as Adrian is half sponsoring me. I will show u the gains on our new Dyno when everything is installed.

I will be gettin the TODA headers, fake cat, and cat back exhaust. Also some other goodies.

Will post dyno charts up to stop all this airy fairy bs... no use talkin without evidence is wat i say...

peace dudes... happy racing..

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

WhiteAP1
25-04-2006, 03:45 AM
id have to agree dont go cheap, mugen is the shit in this case but u pay for what u get,its pricey, for me any. fujitsubo headers arent to bad in regards price vs quality but TODA have a much better build quality if were talking sub $1500

kongfu
04-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Get TODA header from TODA AU man. its $1500, they will give you warranty as well.
Mugen is really good but too pricy. Its up to your budget anyway.

zerospel
18-05-2006, 12:41 PM
blusir2-

Have you got the TODA exhaust and headers fitted yet?

Just interested in seeing the dyno and maybe go up to the workshop to hear the exhaust?

Thanks

blusir2
30-05-2006, 07:52 PM
blusir2-

Have you got the TODA exhaust and headers fitted yet?

Just interested in seeing the dyno and maybe go up to the workshop to hear the exhaust?

Thanks

hey mate,

sorry for not replyign ur post. i have been quite busy lately. the answer to ur question is no coz i decided to get a lot of other parts so i shipped them by boat.. its takin 3 months so the parts will be here in about 2 weeks time... bloody slow ship... should put 5 F20C's in it and it'll be here in a week.. haha... but as promised i will put the charts up on the next post..

sorry everyone for delaying for soo long.. blame the freighting not me..

Jason
TODA Racing Australia