PDA

View Full Version : What mods 2 get for DC2-R?

jooboo
07-10-2005, 04:31 AM
ive just bought a 99-01 dc2-r, and ive got about 3gs to spend..and i just wanted 2 know what i should get?

well most common mods would be an exzaust, extractors n a pod. but ive read somewhere that havin these mods loses power without a chip of some sort. is this true? and i would also like 2 know the best brands for exzaust n extractors..im wanting top end power n ive been told i should get 4-1 instead of 4-2-1 which is for midrange...and with the exzaust is there ne particular size i should b getin?...im thinkn about Toda 4-1 and ive read that the fujitsubo power getter is for top end performance is this true?..also for the exzaust i would like 1 for high performance but low noise level ne suggestions..and 1 last thing would using the standard DC5R headers on a dc2 make any performance gain?

i also live in BRISBANE...so if ne1 could also direct me to where i could purchase these modifications that would be great

r`Geno
07-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Read this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12128

I suggest you get used to it stock. Take it to the track a few times and practice. Then you'll know what you need for the car.

Edit: There's a group buy for Toda headers on clubrsx.

VTECACCORD
07-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Read this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12128

I suggest you get used to it stock. Take it to the track a few times and practice. Then you'll know what you need for the car.

Edit: There's a group buy for Toda headers on clubrsx.

yeah cause thats what you did. :D lol

Wazza
07-10-2005, 09:33 AM
There are many different views on the subject, but to answer a few of your questions....

To begin with Toda headers for the DC2R are 4-2-1, which dispells the belief that 4-1 headers are always best. A Toda Header would be my first choice. Contact Adrian (Toda Au) for a Toda Header. Approx price $1300 - $1400.

A DC5R header will not fit a DC2R, so you can forget about that one.

If you are after a performance exhaust without the noise, my choice would be the Mugen Twin Loop cat back, which at idle is almost as quiet as stock. Contact Yonas (JDM Yard) for a Mugen exhaust. Approx price $1500.

In order to have a Japanese exhaust system, you will also need a Japanese cat and a donut gasket. The most inexpensive choice would be a JDM ITR cat. Contact Yonas (JDM Yard) for a JDM ITR cat and donut gasket. Approx price $250.

In regarding an air intake, you have basically no money left out of your $3000. One of the best bang for buck air intakes would have to be an Injen RD series. Ebay US is your friend here. Make sure the intake is invoiced at a lower price so that you don't have to pay customs duty. Approx price $420.

jooboo
07-10-2005, 09:39 AM
cheers dude...how much do u think itll cost to install these mods..

Da1nONLY
07-10-2005, 09:51 AM
how about checking out the sticky notes? :D

I'm sure theres plenty of info there

jooboo
07-10-2005, 09:52 AM
ive read about lowering the final gear...its meant 2 b 4.4 ... but ive read that some ppl have pulled it apart n found it to 4.785...so therefor no need 2 lower it...how do i know if mines 4.4 or 4.785?

kousoku
07-10-2005, 09:57 AM
going to lock this thread, there are more then 10 threads on a similar topic, most of which is covered in adrians sticky thread.
Make sure to use the search function.
However, in future if you have specific questions please don;t hesitate to ask. =D