PDA

View Full Version : Ek1 suspension comparable to?

carbine
05-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Hi, im thinking about doing up my pov pack 98 cxi, already have an engine lined up. Of course the handling will have to be improved but i am unsure if there are even aftermarket parts for the ek1 or even if is worth the bother with this chasis. Atm im thinking of getting coilovers (tein of some variety probaly), front and rear strut bars and later on getting parts to add to the subframe (stabilizers etc).

My second question is what is required to modify the rear drums to discs. Can i just take parts off a vti-r and replace the ek1 parts?
rotors, calipers, arms, hand break cable..........

McChook
05-03-2004, 01:48 AM
without answering everything as I am too tired

I have front strut brace and a set of springs to lower it 40mm.

[[d a n n y]]
05-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi, im thinking about doing up my pov pack 98 cxi, already have an engine lined up. Of course the handling will have to be improved but i am unsure if there are even aftermarket parts for the ek1 or even if is worth the bother with this chasis. Atm im thinking of getting coilovers (tein of some variety probaly), front and rear strut bars and later on getting parts to add to the subframe (stabilizers etc).

My second question is what is required to modify the rear drums to discs. Can i just take parts off a vti-r and replace the ek1 parts?
rotors, calipers, arms, hand break cable..........

yes that is the best way...

change everything arms calipers and disc, hand brake cable...

swop it over...

civex98
05-03-2004, 09:32 AM
well just quickly, not sure if it would be worth shelling out for all the parts to do the conversion.
Also depending on what engine you're getting and how much it is, it may just be worth selling the car and purchasing a vtir.

i konw that u already have one, but with all the conversions u are doing, it might just be a little cheaper to start with the best base u can get and then save yourself a lot of headaches in the future.

also, if you want everything to be legal and easier to insure, then doing it this way would be better :D

just my 2c...of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion :D

_Wing_
05-03-2004, 12:04 PM
All EK chasis's are more or less the same... some parts may be reinforced more or less depending on trim level, etc.
It's up to you whether or not it's "worth" playing with the chasis.

You'd be best off to grab a complete set of rear disc brakes assembly and install those... which BTW are being sold here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3674
If you don't want them front brakes, we can work something out. ;)

[[d a n n y]]
05-03-2004, 12:08 PM
well just quickly, not sure if it would be worth shelling out for all the parts to do the conversion.
Also depending on what engine you're getting and how much it is, it may just be worth selling the car and purchasing a vtir.

i konw that u already have one, but with all the conversions u are doing, it might just be a little cheaper to start with the best base u can get and then save yourself a lot of headaches in the future.

also, if you want everything to be legal and easier to insure, then doing it this way would be better :D

just my 2c...of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion :D

very true...

carbine
05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Vti-r isnt really an option as the engine i have will out perform this. The extra cost of getting a vti-r, 6-7g i could use to just bring the cxi up to scratch on the main components not to mention being a sleepy cxi. Of course this isnt possible if there are no aftermarket parts that fit my ek1