PDA

View Full Version : Rareness Of The Em1 Civic

pinnochio
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Ive been looking to buy one of these but i cant even find one. Its like they dont even exist. :(
They are so DAMN HOT i cant get ova them.
do you think because they are so rare it makes us think its even hotter than they really are? :confused:

Mugen_B16B
09-10-2005, 04:24 PM
hahahahahaha i dunno what u think but i think not that rare, yes they r hard to find but u just gotto wait for the right time, iguess:S

Tu88y
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
have a look in cars for sale section there might be one or two for sale there

mini_s2000
09-10-2005, 04:30 PM
just look around and they pop out!

pinnochio
09-10-2005, 09:09 PM
hahahahahaha i dunno what u think but i think not that rare, yes they r hard to find but u just gotto wait for the right time, iguess:S
I guess that is true.
if i started looking a month earlier i would have had a choice of 3 of them :thumbdwn:
two of my mates buy two and the other went to someone else. :(

traNce_gl
09-10-2005, 09:18 PM
if u go to the states..Evey **** has one

pinnochio
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
if u go to the states..Evey **** has one

AHAHAHA i noe ey
lucky bastards

egads
09-10-2005, 10:43 PM
makes sense, didnt we only get them in 99-00

Qwooootz
09-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeahh the EG coupes wud have been sweeet alsoo! but cant complain with what u got:D

Paul1985
09-10-2005, 11:16 PM
i see them for sale all the time...

Click here (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_results?price_min=&price_max=&category_id=3&search_type=21&make_id=19&model_id=74&keyword=&state_id=-1&selected_region=0&search_postcode=&search_distance=25&rego_vehicle_id=&cs_body_id=1&drive_id=&km_min=&km_max=&year_min=&year_max=&door_num=&cs_trans_id=&cylinder_num=&engine_low=&engine_high=) there are 3 for sale in there and an extremely hot black one for $21k here (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2558274&current_rec=14&used_rec=9&total_rec=15&sort_type=&total_rec=15&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=74&state_id=-1&search_distance=25&cs_body_id=1)

Just gotta search. If u have the $$ u should be able to find one :)

J-MuN
09-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Where are you located? If you're in NSW, there seems to be heaps of them there. In VIC though, i think they're a little harder to find.

00' coupe
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM
they do pop out every now and then... you have to be patient when your looking for em1s...

i HEARD that they only brought in 400 in Australia (99-00)... so theres probably a little bit less cos ive seen at least 3 em1s written off

good luck with the hunt and be patient...

8100rpm
10-10-2005, 11:08 AM
i dont think that black one is very good price, 21000 for 107000km? i personally think is a bit over priced

8100rpm
10-10-2005, 11:14 AM
just be patient, if u rush it = no good deal, i tried to find a good one at a good price and i waited 3 months, i bought it for 17800 with 86000kms

jdmlvn
10-10-2005, 11:21 AM
em1 = nice

taizon
10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
yep, thats rite. just gotta wait for the right time for these kinda things..

wouldn't mind upgrading to one in the future

rocky_b
10-10-2005, 11:51 AM
yeah it took me 3months to find one!
i actually downgraded from a DC2R, only had it for 2months, then mate wrote it off and i was overseas. so when i came back i just searched and searched... and on the 3rd month of having no car i was about to give up.. i looked in the classifieds and everywher..and i was about to give up... then one night i stumbled on a newly uploaded car on carsales. bang! i was there at the persons house the next day with $1500 as a deposit to purchase the car. advertised for $25,000. bought it for $21,500 with 40,000kms on the clock! it was a grandma's car, rich ass she was! and i was like OMFG! so happy its mine. but keep searching and you will find.
i've seen a few grandma's with EM1s man. VTiR and never kickd it to VTEC!
good luck!:thumbsup:

.::F[L]Y::.
10-10-2005, 12:02 PM
EM1's are a hot car! so much modding potential...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: at times i miss my one

barefootbonzai
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah EM1's are probably the rarest out of the civic family in Oz. I've personally sent one to Car Heaven :o

pinnochio
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
yea i guess ill take everyones advice and wait... not like i dont have a car to drive now neways :)
seems like you got a good deal rocky b. guess ill wait til one of those grandmas wanna sell LOL
oh well... the waiting game starts now...

jackosimm
10-10-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah follow one or two or how ever many you can handle, dont just wait for a cheap one. Keep your eye on it, if its for sale for ages, wait for a fair while (2-3 months) and then put an even lower offer than the reduced price, he should take it.

causeraybay
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
yeh..pinnochio.. i went thru what your going thru earlier this year.. forgot how long i waited from the moment i was ready to buy.. but it was some time.. i was worse, i only wanted it in black..
it use to be carsales/tradingpost everyday for me.. i got impatient to the extent that one time, a mate & i rang the doorbell of a house that had one parked in its driveway askin whether it was for sale or not.. furthermore, enquired about ones interstate...
fortunately not long after, mate of mine told me he knew a mate who knew someone who had a black em1 & was interested in selling.. snatched it up pretty quick as i didnt know how long until the next one would pop up n afraid my mood for it will fade.. UNfortunately though, within the next two months post my purchase, 4-5 black em1s popped up.. all were lower kms and a couple of them with roofs.. also two of them were at dealers too which i ultimately wished for so i'd could do a trade-in.. i guess thats what i get for being impatient but at the same time im glad i ended up with mine..
Good Luck & your patience will pay off!

p.s check the trading post every thursday or whatever day of the week its new for your state, cheerz ;)

pinnochio
11-10-2005, 12:22 AM
yeh..pinnochio.. i went thru what your going thru earlier this year.. forgot how long i waited from the moment i was ready to buy.. but it was some time.. i was worse, i only wanted it in black..
it use to be carsales/tradingpost everyday for me.. i got impatient to the extent that one time, a mate & i rang the doorbell of a house that had one parked in its driveway askin whether it was for sale or not.. furthermore, enquired about ones interstate...
fortunately not long after, mate of mine told me he knew a mate who knew someone who had a black em1 & was interested in selling.. snatched it up pretty quick as i didnt know how long until the next one would pop up n afraid my mood for it will fade.. UNfortunately though, within the next two months post my purchase, 4-5 black em1s popped up.. all were lower kms and a couple of them with roofs.. also two of them were at dealers too which i ultimately wished for so i'd could do a trade-in.. i guess thats what i get for being impatient but at the same time im glad i ended up with mine..
Good Luck & your patience will pay off!

p.s check the trading post every thursday or whatever day of the week its new for your state, cheerz ;)

LOL I was like that as well b4. it either black or nothing. i dunno its just something about a black car that looks really nice. maybe the way the sunlinght bounces off the paint LOL. But now i really like white ones as well. im already lookin at carsales n trading post on the net everyday and every thursday i buy the tradingpost too. I dun think i would mind too much if after i buy one a few more pop up as long as at the time i was happy when i bought it and for a reasonable price. man i saw a black one today stopped at the traffic lights 2 lanes away from me. i swear i was gonna jump out the car and ask the guy if he was selling it LOL. sad i noe but i really want one. sayin that doesnt mean im gonna do anything rash and buy one for more than its worth. took me a long time to get this money not gonna waste it if i dont really need to.

Man i feel so sad.
im probably the onli one on this forum without a honda :(

dc2dc2dc2
11-10-2005, 12:23 AM
i dunno what ur on about...in melb EM1 are friggen everywhere. U make them sound like a ferrari .

pinnochio
11-10-2005, 01:53 AM
i dunno what ur on about...in melb EM1 are friggen everywhere. U make them sound like a ferrari .

R u sure? for wat other ppl say melb has hardly any compared to syd. there are a few around here and there but not for sale well in syd anyway. U make them sound like a base model cxi hatch

8100rpm
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
man i saw a black one today stopped at the traffic lights 2 lanes away from me. i swear i was gonna jump out the car and ask the guy if he was selling it LOL. :(

i was the same when i was searching for mine, i look every where for em1 and if i see one parked i will stand there and look at it for ages. i realy wanted a black one with sunroof, but after i saw my car on carsales and i thought "fark the colour and sunroof, i want one now!" man, is so sad but it was fun dough when u think about it now

jackosimm
11-10-2005, 09:51 AM
there's shit all of them up here, id kill for one just to be different. Even EK4's aren't around too much

Terry
11-10-2005, 10:01 AM
I can say there is at least 2 EM1 and EJ8 in Inlala area.....but is rare in other places around Brisbane.....

pinnochio
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
i was the same when i was searching for mine, i look every where for em1 and if i see one parked i will stand there and look at it for ages. i realy wanted a black one with sunroof, but after i saw my car on carsales and i thought "fark the colour and sunroof, i want one now!" man, is so sad but it was fun dough when u think about it now

im thinking the same thing now. colour doesnt bother me that much anymore. What exactly are the differences between a em1 n ej8, as in body wise? i noe the 99-00 got a new nose, head lights but is that all? the em1 seems to look alot better than a ej8

DNYALL
11-10-2005, 07:49 PM
i was the same when i was searching for mine, i look every where for em1 and if i see one parked i will stand there and look at it for ages. i realy wanted a black one with sunroof

I was exactly the same dude.

heres my story anyway.
I went and looked at one last year. White with heaps of handling mods ie.sway bars strut bars. Had a itr shift linkadge, genuin bronze rays gram lights in 15" (i think. I Was a bit clueless back then) full straight through exhaust + headers. 21K with 35000kms on the clock. He was saving it for me but then my funds fell through :( About three mounths later i aquired the funds and searched for another three mounths after that. Two popped up exactly the same time pretty much. Went for both. Both were black, similar ks same price but one had a sunroof. I missed out on the sunroof one but managed toget the other one :thumbsup:

keric_02
11-10-2005, 08:54 PM
em1's look damn hot, but the power (torque) is pretty poor. i was really disappoint with the low-middle end power. but high revs its better. i still ended up getting one cos it looks damn good but just letting u know what the down side is...

good luck with ur search

Kandy
11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
im thinking the same thing now. colour doesnt bother me that much anymore. What exactly are the differences between a em1 n ej8, as in body wise? i noe the 99-00 got a new nose, head lights but is that all? the em1 seems to look alot better than a ej8
em1's have red and clear tail lights, ej8 have amber in the tail lights too. thats the main difference apart from the facelifted front.
My friends em1 has no tinting on the front windscreen at all but my ej8 has a little built in tint on the top 10cm, anyone else can confirm this at all or...?

alan
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
i was luckier then some of the other guys here

when i bought mine i wasn't actually looking for an EM1, but just wanted to buy a car because i was without a car for however many months (i don't even remember how long)

then, was getting cheesed off and went to see a black one advertised on carsales and pretty much snapped it up after getting it checked because i wanted a car so badly. got the sunroof, tint, foggies, lowered, exhaust, pod, vafc and sound system.

now bought some white regamasters, changed to coil-overs and couldn't be more happier with the car.....:D

pinnochio
12-10-2005, 12:40 AM
if onli we were lucky as you are alan. i found a four leaf clover today maybe that will help me :)

alan
12-10-2005, 01:37 AM
good luck mate
good things come to those who wait.......:thumbsup:

pinnochio
12-10-2005, 02:07 AM
cheers mate
i hope thats true

pinnochio
12-10-2005, 02:20 AM
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2634707&current_rec=33&used_rec=160&total_rec=344&sort_type=&total_rec=344&sort_type=&price_max=25000&make_id=19&model_id=74&state_id=-1&search_distance=25
I found one but 25K.

i dont think so, it may have onli 66000kms but still not worth that much :thumbdwn:

SiR
12-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Yeah, but quite an extensive list of mods there - coilovers, Mugen CAI etc.

I've seen this car a few times - very clean example imo. New plates too so he must be keeping the old ones for a new car...

MKI4EVA
12-10-2005, 10:59 AM
how old are you mate?

and whats your budget?

I know a guy who might sell his black one. Full suspension and very well looked after.

He might be upgrading to typeR cause driver skills holding him back (c'mon maaai jk).

DOHCTR Coopz!
12-10-2005, 02:11 PM
DYNALL.. u know i test drove that car 2 & he held it for me for a week while i was trying 2 get funding! haha i was (& still am in total love with that white em1). it was a SHMICK ride inside & out! i was sooooo shattered 2 have missed it.. i still wonder who ended up with that car.. wow so many heroic em1 tales! lol my 1 is like the rest of yo.. be patient mr.pinochio man.. disney stories usually end with a happy ending! the right em1 4 u is out there somewhere.. :)

pinnochio
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
how old are you mate?

and whats your budget?

I know a guy who might sell his black one. Full suspension and very well looked after.

He might be upgrading to typeR cause driver skills holding him back (c'mon maaai jk).

im 20 mate, why? did you think i was a 16 yr old L plater? :D
how much does ur mate want for it? any pics

pinnochio
12-10-2005, 10:46 PM
DYNALL.. u know i test drove that car 2 & he held it for me for a week while i was trying 2 get funding! haha i was (& still am in total love with that white em1). it was a SHMICK ride inside & out! i was sooooo shattered 2 have missed it.. i still wonder who ended up with that car.. wow so many heroic em1 tales! lol my 1 is like the rest of yo.. be patient mr.pinochio man.. disney stories usually end with a happy ending! the right em1 4 u is out there somewhere.. :)
LOL
hey maybe ill turn into a real boy :D

NightRyder
12-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Boy, and I thought EK4's were rare because they are the ones made in Japan where the EM1's were made in the US, due to less sales in the EK4 body...hehe
:D

pinnochio
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
EK4s are still pretty hard to come by as well IMO but i could be wrong.

DNYALL
14-10-2005, 06:36 PM

I actually saw it for sale again in march this year on carsales.com, same owner, same location but he had uped the price to $27K (from $21) nothing different to when he tryed to sell it last year :confused: :confused: :confused:

But yeah that car was awsome

causeraybay
14-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Your wait is over! (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2637761&current_rec=8&used_rec=0&total_rec=16&sort_type=&total_rec=16&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=74&badge_id=1532&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)

U probably already seen this or negotiating as I type.. But in case, not..
:thumbsup:

Kerdze
14-10-2005, 08:46 PM
That black em1 is immaculate!!! Grab it and join the em1 crew yo!!!

DOHCTR Coopz!
14-10-2005, 09:58 PM
nice find causeraybay.. still got ur eye on the market as i can C! well done man.. ehehe the hunt is a good game! :)

8100rpm
14-10-2005, 10:05 PM
good buy! grab it b4 some one else do

SiR
14-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Very nice example there!! Mind you, the 100k km's service is coming up for that car though...

pinnochio
15-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Your wait is over! (http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2637761&current_rec=8&used_rec=0&total_rec=16&sort_type=&total_rec=16&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=74&badge_id=1532&state_id=-1&search_distance=25)

U probably already seen this or negotiating as I type.. But in case, not..
:thumbsup:

i saw that as soon as it was listen but ive been called to work all weekend :(

jackosimm
15-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Very nice example there!! Mind you, the 100k km's service is coming up for that car though...

Fantastic way to bargain the hell out of him

stoodamire
19-10-2005, 03:51 AM
It doesn't have the VTi-R sticker at the rear. So there's more bargaining :P

jackosimm
19-10-2005, 07:15 AM
alright I think the main discussion has ended a while ago, *closing*:)