PDA

View Full Version : central locking problem EG

ToFuBoi
09-10-2005, 04:58 PM
hope i got this in the right section.. sorry to admin if it isnt..

anyway i have a problem with my central locking. when doors are closed i click the remote and it doesnt work, but you can hear something moving in the drivers door. i've pulled off the door trim etc before and had a look but im not good with that kinda stuff :S

also when inside the car pushing the lock down manually causes all doors to lock so i guess its not a manual problem but something electrical?

any ideas? will get pics up hopefully soon as car is getting fixed up

roar
09-10-2005, 06:37 PM
i've got a similar problem with my ek's passenger door...

the tab moves very slightly, and all the mechanical aspects are working fine...but the passenger door motor may be dying i think

Jase EK
09-10-2005, 08:37 PM
the CDL motors are stuffin up..

fudge04au
09-10-2005, 09:42 PM
hope i got this in the right section.. sorry to admin if it isnt..

anyway i have a problem with my central locking. when doors are closed i click the remote and it doesnt work, but you can hear something moving in the drivers door. i've pulled off the door trim etc before and had a look but im not good with that kinda stuff :S

fixed up

Is it the drivers door that wont lock or the passenger side?

dorikin
10-10-2005, 12:12 AM
check the actuator link inside the drivers door

little metal tab with 3 screws and 2 rods going through it

ToFuBoi
10-10-2005, 11:46 PM
cheers for the replys..

JASE: wtfunk is a CDL motor lol

FUDGE: well when i press the remote no doors work.. but u can hear something move inside the drivers door

DORIKIN: will have a look in a few days when car is back.. but where abouts is this 'actuator link'? isit under the actual lock part which moves up and down?

fudge04au
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
check the actuator link inside the drivers door

little metal tab with 3 screws and 2 rods going through it

Dorikin is right, the aftermarket actuator is usually the 1st to go as the drivedrs door on an EG dont usually have an OEM door lock motor.

If its hard to lock the door with a key the actuator might be buggered.

mj3610
11-10-2005, 04:14 PM
my eg door loks are farked i cant lock them manually from the inside i gotta use the remote from the outside which also arms and disarms the alarm

Vtec_inside
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
rob it me melvin give me a call fix it up for u FOC k\just call em for a time to fix it up.

T-onedc2
11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Probably just a burnt out actuator, happened to my brothers' and my Integras, '97 and '99. Nothing major just take it to a alarm or stereo installer.

ToFuBoi
11-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Dorikin is right, the aftermarket actuator is usually the 1st to go as the drivedrs door on an EG dont usually have an OEM door lock motor.

If its hard to lock the door with a key the actuator might be buggered.

yeh it takes a bit of jiggling and wiggling on the outside with the key and gets very annoying...will take door apart and have a look soon

thanks for all the replies guys!! that should be enough help :D:thumbsup:

yeh been trying to call u melv ur phones off

cheers again, tofu

stormridah
12-10-2005, 03:17 PM
yeah i had the same problem i replaced the actuator from some cheapo one i got from jaycar (10 bucks) and it was all good after that

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LR8816&CATID=&keywords=actuator&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=
or for just the pic
http://www.jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/productLarge_7234.jpg

Weq
12-10-2005, 06:56 PM
yep. u gotta play with the central locking actuator inside the good. take it off and swivel it around on its mount points. It can move angles a bit which causes 2 much stress and it wont actuate the lock up properly. I had the same problem recently when my battery went dead and i was unlicking/locking the car with the key. It takes some peitence, but yeh, u can get it. ALso adjust where the rod connectors to the lock actuator. its a small screw and u can adjust were it connects.

sorry its really hard to explain, but if u have no luck, go out and by another one (like above).

ToFuBoi
12-10-2005, 11:11 PM
u guys are the best!! *hugs all round*

weq pm sent to ya buddy *secret wink*

94CIVICVTI
13-10-2005, 02:40 PM
must be a minor glitch, mine was doing this for a while aswell on my passenger door. tempermental. it does it for a day or so then goes back to normal for a few weeks and then repeats itself.

ToFuBoi
15-10-2005, 12:58 AM
yeh i think that motor thingy stormridah showed was the problem.. it would only click sometimes when i pressed the remote.. and times it did move it was probably not even 1/4 of a CM..

i tried moving those metal rods around and tightening the screws at different heights etc and that made unlocking/locking the door with a key much easier...

anyway do u guys know if the wires connecting to that little pump machine thing stormridah showed actually dissconects?... i tried it with the one i had in there and wouldnt budge.. also that wire runs inside the car under the dash and i cbb having a look...

sorry if i sound confusing just been a long day :(