PDA

View Full Version : Amp Wires Help

Breezy
09-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Wat is the difference between geting stock amp cabling like from a car audio speacilist for say $140 including install of amp and getting stinger or audison connection? Is it worth getting stinger or audison connection? And how much do they cost?

J-MuN
09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Depending on the set up u intend on using. If you are using expensive equipment then it is important to use better quality wires such as your RCA's and power cables etc.. If you are using your average equipment, spending under $1000 then it is not necessary for you to use the expensive wiring unless you are after pure sound quality. Some can notice the difference when using the different quality wires and others can't.

ICACHA
09-10-2005, 07:55 PM
people like to think of it this way...

you spend RIGHT the first time and you wont have to spend again if you go and upgrade later...

make sense?

ICACHA
09-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Depending on the set up u intend on using. If you are using expensive equipment then it is important to use better quality wires such as your RCA's and power cables etc.. If you are using your average equipment, spending under $1000 then it is not necessary for you to use the expensive wiring unless you are after pure sound quality. Some can notice the difference when using the different quality wires and others can't.

regardless if you got crap or fantastic equipment you still need to have PROPER cabling in the car or your equipment wont function to its fullest potential.

no point using crap cables if they arent going to do the job for you or starve the amps from current or not able to get the signal from the head unt to the amp or from the amp to the speakers... do it cheap and thats all it will be, cheap :)

kind of logical wont you say? :p

zorrt
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM

i second this. no need to go high end cables on low end system. im not sayin to go to the $2 store either. get something decent

MoDCoN
10-10-2005, 01:19 PM
so what is considered decent? no one answered about prices for audison/stinger stuff... are they good?

Breezy
10-10-2005, 04:14 PM
so what is considered decent? no one answered about prices for audison/stinger stuff... are they good?
Yea what he said.

JEZ83L
11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
$140?

Is that normal sort of price for cables? When I bought my amp from Doran Pro Audio in Sydney Tony made up all the cables for me so I could install it all myself... I think, from memory, I paid $80 odd for 4g power cables, RCAs and wire for remote aswell as in-line fuse and terminals.

When everything was wired for sound, I and a few other family members though it rocked... That was for $80 worth of cables.

Do you cables really make that much of a difference? I have seen the kits you can buy off the shelf and they are only $60 odd.

Breezy
12-10-2005, 08:49 PM
no it was $140 for labour and $200 for stinger cables. Does this sound ok?

si92
12-10-2005, 08:57 PM
I really dont think the cabelling makes a diffrence if you get the decent cables from jcar or u get stinger cables u wont tell the diffrence its all just advertising 4 rich boys with too much money!
Save the 200 for something better maybe better speakers or watever but dont spend 200 bucks on cables!

ITRBoI
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I really dont think the cabelling makes a diffrence if you get the decent cables from jcar or u get stinger cables u wont tell the diffrence its all just advertising 4 rich boys with too much money!
Save the 200 for something better maybe better speakers or watever but dont spend 200 bucks on cables!

cables do play an important roles in sound systems....not all cable are made the same

Fhrx
13-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Exactly. :)

After all, you don't build a Top Fueller motor and run in on quarter inch plastic fuel lines do you?

zorrt
13-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Yea i just grabbed a set from jaycar, they rounded which sucks but has plenty of flex which I like. Costed about $80 all up for cables and fuses. My RCA cables were like $20 or something for a set and my speaker cables were like $2 a meter or something, i just got the twisted cables cuz they help reduce chances of interference. Thats what I read anyways, and the foil wrapped ones does virtually nothing.

And yea not all cable are made the same, you get wat u pay for.

edit: my system only costed liek a grand all up thats why i didnt bother with better cables cuz I doubt it'll make much difference.