PDA

View Full Version : Webber Owns All, Bring on the Sato Fans!

LUD02C
09-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Mark Webber.
What a race, has a dud of a car but kept it stable and then his team put there heads together and got him infront of Button.

BMW-Williams and Mark Webber well done on a great race.

Now for the most enjoyable bit of this thread.
Sato should not be in F1.
Jarno Trulli's comments said enough personally.

Watching the first corner he just turns the wheel and doesn't understand a thing called understeer.
God it was funny, then he outbraked himself AGAIN and made a mess of Trulli.
Who was calling him aggressive?
I'd say his more like Pee-wee Herman or Homer Simpson just makes the dumbest mistakes and gets a drive (how? Who knows!)

Sorry to say, but I think Sato will be GONE next year!
Bye Sato.

How good was Martin and James bagging him, I now like them!

nEUROtic
09-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Yes, sato is useless, get rid of him eh he is a cockstain.

Webber yeah, finally living up to expectation, still a tad overated.

^^v
09-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Mark Webber.
What a race, has a dud of a car but kept it stable and then his team put there heads together and got him infront of Button.

BMW-Williams and Mark Webber well done on a great race.

yeah.. suprising he didnt take anyone out this round..:p

Watching the first corner he just turns the wheel and doesn't understand a thing called understeer.

do you understand a thing called downforce? :rolleyes:
it helps the car turn corners :D :wave:
n obviously he was behind quite a few cars n caught their dirty air.. n understeered into the gravel.. same with rubens.. he caught satos dirty air n clipped him on his way out..

Who was calling him aggressive?

me :wave:

BUT in saything all that.... even though im a taku fan...
he suxored hard this time... u woulda thought he'd learnt something from his past mistakes... tsk tsk tsk..

LUD02C
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
do you understand a thing called downforce? :rolleyes:
it helps the car turn corners :D :wave:
n obviously he was behind quite a few cars n caught their dirty air.. n understeered into the gravel.. same with rubens.. he caught satos dirty air n clipped him on his way out..

I understand basic downforce, I'm no engineer! :D
He was battling with Klien I think, he went in way to quick (no shock there) and tried to turn the wheel and get out of it.
The downforce factor in my opinion wasn't his downfall.
Remembering he was on the outside of the corner, and trying to turn in way to quick!

But yeah, personally in my opinion it was more understeer then downforce.
He was on the outside by himself, too quick, and tried to turn in.
And ruined Rubens race day :(

^^v
09-10-2005, 07:24 PM
he went in way to quick (no shock there) ...
i think ur spot on there...:thumbsup:

now hurry up n tally the (f1 comp) points ahahaha

LUD02C
09-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I just did the F1 points and your ahead :thumbdwn: :D

jackosimm
09-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah I couldnt believe seeing what he did in the news, and Webber's performance too. Cya sato

TwEigh
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Topic " Webbers owns all...."
well he didnt own raikonnen, fisi and alonso :p
he drove a good race, but still overated driver and suicidal driver..
cant change people mind just in 1 race really

Yes sato isnot good, no doubt about it..
As a taku fan i have been dissapointed eversince the beginning of the season.. oh well..
but i still hope that he will race next season

what if sato and webber colliding to each other.. Im looking forward for that day

nEUROtic
09-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Sato got disqualified. Thank god. Serves him right.

kOncept
09-10-2005, 09:58 PM
very impressed with alonso's performance today, raikonnen just got lucky :p

sato... :arrowd:

bigteethygrin
09-10-2005, 10:03 PM
awesome race!.. alonso was awesome in my opinion.. i mean the guy had to do legitimate in race passes on micheal twice and klien 3 times!..

Kimi made an awesome move at the end too!.. some great examples of clean overtaking moves.

That said the ugly part was Sato... it sucks to see anyone start to fail in their career choice.. but yeah he was the driver at fault so much so that he got disqualified. Not as messy as the Bathurst incident though.

Webber drove well. I dunno about the dud car as he was running with a new front aero package and its likely that williams got it right for the track. The frustrating part is watching him hold everyone up from P3 so that Fisichella could get away to a huge lead.. Trulli also woulda held em up in P2 so its not all on webber.

Vivski
09-10-2005, 10:49 PM
It shows what Webber can do when he makes it past the first lap! It was good that he stayed well away from Michael as you can imagine if it was Webber instead of Alonso trying to pass. You think Michael would've let him through? I dont think so.

Alonso and Kimi, what can you say? Back of the grid to the podium. They were over a second per lap faster than anyone. How does that happen? Even Fisi got gobbled at the end and he should theoretically be just as fast as Alonso.
How was Alonso's pass at A380 (or whatever it was), 180mph straight around the outside. Maybe he has balls after all. Would he've made the same move if he hadn't won the championship last round?

Poor old Sato. Poor old Montoya. Poor old Pizzonia.

Second best thing from the race... Button got OWNED by Williams in the pits!!

And the thing that made me laugh the hardest... RALFY in after 13 laps!! LMAO! Haha Toyota, owned by Honda again.

Was a really entertaining race and wow, what a frantic first lap!! They should make Alonso, Raikkonen and Montoya start from the back at every race.

bigteethygrin
09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
lol reverse grid!...

un_majstk
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
man that was a cool race. i haven't watched F1 in ages but this time felt like there was heaps of overtaking.
and as always, suzuka rocks.

^^v
10-10-2005, 12:09 AM
found this...
n since this threads about webber...

Webber accuses Coulthard of false start

Sunday Oct 9 21:53 AEST
Australian Mark Webber called on Formula One to monitor race starts more closely after accusing Red Bull's David Coulthard of jumping the gun at the Japanese Grand Prix.

"The biggest thing is they have to do something about people jumping starts," said the Williams driver, who finished fourth at Suzuka after starting seventh, alongside Coulthard in sixth.

"I mean Coulthard went two weeks early. It was like Ralf (Schumacher) in Brazil. With the technology we have, they have to do something.

"One thousand per cent, he went before the lights went out."

spac_writeAd('/SITE=NEWS/AREA=SPORT/LOC=TOP/AAMSZ=MEDIUM')Coulthard was less than impressed with the charge.

"Go speak to the FIA," said the Scot. "There's a start system in place. As the lights started to change I went. It doesn't really matter what the drivers think."

Webber was also frustrated about failing to gain his second podium of the season in a pulsating race won by McLaren's Kimi Raikkonen.

"I'm pissed off of course that I'm not on the podium for the team but fourth is third loser," said Webber, who has had a mixed first season since joining Williams from Jaguar.

"Williams are a team which wants more of course but the season we've had has been tough."

He added: "Particularly at a playground like Suzuka, it's good for us to get a result because it's a very hard track for the track and the driver."

Webber is 10th in the drivers' standings with just next weekend's Chinese Grand Prix remaining this season and his only podium a third place in Monaco.

However, the Australian refused to dwell on the negatives.

"A lot of the season is water under the bridge and I'm not very keen on looking at what happened in the past," he shrugged.

"This is my best effort at Suzuka since I've been coming here so in the end I'm happy with everything. You have to keep going forward."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/logo_aap.jpg
©AAP 2005

TwEigh
10-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Cry me a river..

^^v
10-10-2005, 12:27 AM
tell me about it... hes just having a sook lolz...
saying he coulda done better... sif... hes luckly he even came 4th!... if u look at the fastest laps.. jenson came 4th.. while webber was 7th...
it was all won n lost in the pits...

Dxs
10-10-2005, 02:02 AM
what about average lap time?

good to see him get somewhere though.. always causes me heartache.. it looked as though he was driving better then the 'almighty' :rolleyes: button.

Seemed slightly conservative drive though.. from the incam u could see Alonso and even kimi etc just fly over the ripple strips in the cicane.. where as mark stuck to the road.. maybe his car is too fragile?

oh well good race by him.. :cool:

VT3C
11-10-2005, 03:29 PM
**rant**

Webber makes me feel ashamed to be an Australian !!

poor sportsmanship - there's always an excuse or 7.. he can drive OK when nobody else on the track - he almost always qualifies in top ten, but can hardly ever even finish a race.. then have you watched him when he IS racing ? disgusting lack of race-ettiquette etc.

he's the Leighton Spewitt of F1 !! 'c-mon'.. pfftttt

**rant**

Civic Type R
11-10-2005, 05:53 PM
No offence but he can drive better than anyone on these forums Bede ;)

jackosimm
11-10-2005, 06:49 PM
yeah of course he can, and Im sure everyone here will gladly admit it, but he is certainly struggling in the F1 comp

**Ghost**
11-10-2005, 08:09 PM
not trying to be a stirrer, but the way i see it, Sato is only holding on to a job with honda cos he is japanese...

TwEigh
11-10-2005, 09:58 PM
not trying to be a stirrer, but the way i see it, Sato is only holding on to a job with honda cos he is japanese...

Oh yeah!! thats what happen when u have millions of die hard fans,
where as for webber, even some of australian people dont like him :thumbdwn:

**Ghost**
12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
webber si a whinger with a big head who dont deliver results... he used to be cool as the underdog drving a jaguar who would pull respectable results for sucha shitty shit car...

Vivski
12-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Mark Webber is heading towards being the next Michael Schumacher. A guy who will be an awesome driver but everyone will hate him.
For as long as he's an Aussie, I'll support him. I reckon he's a really good driver and you see that come out when it's raining or in qualifying. But I can see why people dont like him.

If it was a straight fight between Mark and Kimi, I wouldn't know who to support. 'Cos I love Kimi's driving and character.

TwEigh
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM
LOL
Webber? next Schumacher ? Awesome Driver?
sorry maite, they are in totally different world

^^v
12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Mark Webber is heading towards being the next Michael Schumacher. A guy who will be an awesome driver but everyone will hate him.
... .

*rubs eyes*... am i reading this right?
the next Schumi lolzzz...
IMO Mark will just be another driver in the field... he doesnt have that... special something which makes him world champion material...
in my eyes he'll just be another Fisi :p

TwEigh
12-10-2005, 10:37 PM
*rubs eyes*... am i reading this right?
the next Schumi lolzzz...
IMO Mark will just be another driver in the field... he doesnt have that... special something which makes him world champion material...
in my eyes he'll just be another Fisi :p

and over rated :p

Vivski
13-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Maybe you're right. Maybe he will be a Fisi or a Trulli. Wont really know until he has a top driver in the other car. Dont want to be comparing him to Heidfeld and Pizzonia.
Would've been nice to see him up against Button, but I guess that wont happen now.

Dont forget that you dont have to be the best to win a world championship. You just need to have the package. For years Schumacher had the package, the tyres, the team. Now Alonso has that and I think we all agree that Alonso's not the best driver in the field.

Either way, people will hate Webber 'cos he'll always be overrated by Aussie media.

^^v
13-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Webber concedes stock has fallen in 2005

Thursday Oct 13 22:14 AEST
Australian Mark Webber has acknowledged his stock in Formula One had fallen after a difficult first year at Williams.

"It's probably suffered for sure," Webber said, before Sunday's season-ending Grand Prix in China.

"It's not as good as it was when I left Jaguar. But that's what the game is. (Felipe) Massa's stock wasn't good when he left Sauber. He's done well this year and now he's going to Ferrari."
Brazilian Massa left Sauber at the end of 2002 to test for Ferrari before returning to the team last year. He will line up with Michael Schumacher at Ferrari in 2006.

"What's Felipe going to do next year? Who knows?" said Webber, who has finished on the podium just once all season in the Monaco race.

"That's the way it is. Next year, you win two races you're a legend. But you're still the same guy. You've still got the same undies on."

Despite his problems in 2005 Webber expressed confidence he could win races with the right package next year.

"It's been a frustrating year but winning races is something I'm very confident I can do in the future," said the 29-year-old.

"Whether we got the best out of Mark Webber this year, we don't know. But hopefully next year we can have a lot stronger year."

Webber's outlook for 2006 remains optimistic despite languishing 10th in the drivers' standings.

"We've learned a lot and that's what happens when you're exposed against the best guys, like McLaren and Renault," he said.

"People say 'Michael, is he over?' Is he this, is he that. The car this year hasn't been that good for him ... so Michael hasn't done much this year."

However, the Australian admitted that Williams would not be transformed into championship contenders overnight.

"We haven't been the form operation and we hope it will be better next year," he said. "Winning races is one thing, winning the championship is another.

"A championship is a very, very hard thing to put together. That's why they only hand out one each year."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/logo_aap.jpg
©AAP 2005

Vivski
14-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I hope he changes his undies a bit more frequently than that.

TwEigh
14-10-2005, 01:42 PM
anyway..
Why it seems in this forum, Sato fans hate Webber and Webber Fans dont like sato neither..

TYPE-ONE
17-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Bring in Junichi Wakisaka to replace Sato in the second Honda team

EuroAccord13
17-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Go Alex Yoong :D...

Not a fan but thought I stir something up :D

Hondavirgin
19-10-2005, 03:40 PM
and over rated :p

bastards! :D

haha, webber no where near as good as fisi!

and as for being the next schumey?! hahahahaha lol! 8-ball says doubtful.

Vivski
19-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I really hope Williams give Webber a car with more straight line speed next season. He got absolutely screwed this season behind Toyotas and Ferraris and Red Bulls and just about every kind of car, 'cos he (like everyone else) couldn't overtake. These aero rules have to change, it's rediculous. It's not racing when you have to sit behind someone even if you're 2s/lap faster than them.

Every time Webber got clean air, he put in really good laptimes (the first few races aside). But I reckon he only had 20-30 laps of clean air for the entire season. I blame Toyota of course, 'cos they were SLOW AS!

I hope that next season he has a fast car and more clean air so he can show us whether or not he's actually as good as we're led to believe or if he is just overrated.

The aero pisses me off, 'cos so much good racing was wasted this season. Not just Webber but everyone. No-one wins when you can't overtake... the slow car infront generally falls back in the long run but it f*cks the whole race in the meantime.

Civic Type R
19-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Not saying I have any credentials to back this up but I find it very amusing how a small bunch of die hard Aussie Honda fans with all our limited driving experience can passionatly criticise and ridicule someone in a driving league far beyond any of us.

Hondavirgin
19-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Not saying I have any credentials to back this up but I find it very amusing how a small bunch of die hard Aussie Honda fans with all our limited driving experience can passionatly criticise and ridicule someone in a driving league far beyond any of us.

What a ridiculous comment.

If you criticise any sort of sportsman i dunno about you, maybe you think you actually are better than they are, but i don't criticise them in that i could do a better job.

Anything you say is relative to the other people in their sport. Of course he is a better driver than all of us, we all know this, no-one has said that we are better than him, we are saying he is worse than some other F1 drivers........

TwEigh
19-10-2005, 06:53 PM
what we said were.. if u are crap in the sport then dont compete.. like everyone of us here..

because when u are competing in the sport, u arent only representing ur self. it represents ur team, ur country.
Like some people in this forum said "I ashamed to be aussie because Webber bla bla bla"
well there should be many people who are feeling in the same way..

Civic Type R
19-10-2005, 07:10 PM
OK i think you missed my point.

I am no way thinking I am close to Mark's ability. I am proud that he is an Aussie and even more so that he is doing well. [Hondavirgin] you just backed up my statement but say its rediculous ? Im confused ..

TwEigh
19-10-2005, 10:10 PM

I am no way thinking I am close to Mark's ability. I am proud that he is an Aussie and even more so that he is doing well.

u also missed my point :)

what we said were.. if u are crap in the sport then dont compete.. like everyone of us here..
because when u are competing in the sport, u arent only representing ur self. it represents ur team, ur country.

I was refering to mark webber and other drivers that competing in F1.. not you :)

Hondavirgin
19-10-2005, 11:24 PM

I am no way thinking I am close to Mark's ability. I am proud that he is an Aussie and even more so that he is doing well. [Hondavirgin] you just backed up my statement but say its rediculous ? Im confused ..

You said you find it strange that we can passionately criticise someones driving when he is in a driving league far beyond our own skills. I don't see why this means we can't criticise him.

I mean, it means we can't say, Webber is shit, i could do a better job than him I should be given the drive. But we can all say, Webber is crap, because look at what Heidfeld has done with the same car, or look at how Fisi has done, or Kimi, or Button, or Coulthard, or Klien etc.

oh, and sorry, ridiculous probably a bit harsh.

Civic Type R
20-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Tweigh, thats cool mate, I was referring to Hondavirgin's post, not yours :D

Yeah, sure we can say he is not doing well compared to other drivers - fair enough. But just from reading a cross section of posts in this thread it sounds like a lot of people think they can do a better job if they were in the car. Thats just something ive picked up between the lines. Im just glad Button is again with Honda for another year and Rubens is too. Im leaving it at that :D

Vivski
20-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I think everyone can see Webber's talented. I dont think anyone doubts that. They just get pissed off when people like me compare him to Michael Schumacher. :D :P
He's made a few mistakes this year and the car has been crap, but I think he deserves to be there having a crack at it. He's done some very good things this year as well as some stupid things.

In the end a lot of it is just opinion. And that's why it's fun to debate and why we celebrate or mourn when he does well and why we laugh or cry when he crashes out. From what I've read, pretty much everyone has respect for his driving talent, it's just a matter of whether he's the best Aussie driver or if there's someone else who could do a better job.

TwEigh
20-10-2005, 03:03 PM
up to some point that might be correct,
to be honest Webber was my favorite driver in 2003-2004 session. because he is an Aussie and drive for jaguar (I used to like jaguars alot)
but he crashed alot and he even crashed into his team mate. twice in a season if i remember correctly
I was like WTF WTF...
Eventhough sato is crazy or no skill in this season, well at least he doesnt crash into his team mate.

Civic Type R
20-10-2005, 03:14 PM
In order to win you have to take big risks. Like Shumacher, he is actually the most arrogant person in F1 by a long shot. Look at the number of times he has deliberatly driven his car into someone else just so he can protect his own championship.

Sato is consistant but a pure gentleman of the sport. Maybe he doesnt take as big risks as Webber or Shumacher and that would be why he hasnt crashed as many times. I dunno :p

LUD02C
20-10-2005, 04:58 PM

Well the fact is I drive a 04 Elantra.
So I am at there level HA HA HA HA HA I WISH!
I do know what you are saying, but I have a right to express my opinion so I do that!

Hondavirgin
20-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Sato is consistant but a pure gentleman of the sport. Maybe he doesnt take as big risks as Webber or Shumacher and that would be why he hasnt crashed as many times. I dunno :p

Sato is a gentleman of the sport? He's dangerous, crashes into people all over the place, have you watched F1 this season?!

Civic Type R
20-10-2005, 06:44 PM
obviously not as many races as you.
dont take it too seriously dude.

Hondavirgin
21-10-2005, 02:18 AM
not angry mate, haha, was an incredulous "?!" :D

^^v
21-10-2005, 12:49 PM
imo .. hes a bit over rated... but Frank doesnt seem to think so....

[20/10/05 - 11:08]
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/img/vide.gif
Praise for Webber from Williams
'He is clearly a very quick driver'
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/img/l3.gif
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/img/vide.gif

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/photos/imgactu/05/webber-monaco_220505_220x152.jpg
Best result was Monaco - best drive Suzuka

Mark Webber has gone on record saying that his 'stock has gone down' this year but Frank Williams remains relatively happy with the Australian's performances with the team, despite the odd concern.

Webber finished tenth in the standings this year with 36 points, eight clear of Nick Heidfeld who missed the final five races of the season with the squad.

“It is easy to say he has had a difficult season, and I suppose some of his race results have been disappointing, but some of the incidents have been racing incidents,” Williams stated. “His qualifyings have been absolutely outstanding, and he is clearly a very quick driver. If you take him to a sponsor day, there is no aggro. At the end of the day, if you don't please the sponsors you are out of business."

Webber's best result of the season was his third position at Monaco just behind then team-mate Heidfeld.

E.A.
Source BMW Williams

Vivski
23-10-2005, 01:37 AM
That's one thing Webber's got going for him. He's pretty good with the media. If you watch him on RPM, he's always frank and honest. He may not give away too many secrets, but you dont feel he's being secretive for the sake of it.

Of course Frank is going to praise Webber, he's the team manager. Just like Webber will always praise Frank for as long as he's signed to his team. Although the statement may be honest, I'm not sure if there's anything unexpected in there.