PDA

View Full Version : Buying new 05lux - bad dealers..

bigred_euro
10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,

Just sold my wrx, an ive been researching the euro for months an latley been working on a few dealers for good price.

Best price so far ive been able to offered is $39 500 black luxury without any extras, what you guys think of this deal?

Also ****YFIN EDIT - removed dealership name - read T&C please***** in brisbane is the worst people to deal with, manger in charge shouted out BullSh*t when the salesman i was with went an told him i didnt feel like buying today,

So i walked out after that.

Ive read though the other theads on deals an seams few people have had troubles at that dealer aswell.

baboo
10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
avoid westmore at all cost. they are just a bunch of smarty POS especially the manager.

aaronng
10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
It's below RRP, so it's not bad. But some places might throw in some extras. Why not go there, and with the salesperson have a think. And tell them you are still thinking. Then after a while of talking, tell the salesperson that you've thought enough and if he threw in extras (list the stuff you want. Floor mats, tint and such), that you'd sign on the dotted line today.

When I was shopping, I got a quote for 33000 for my base Euro, and another dealer said, "Yeah, I can beat them. Just get a written quote from them". That was shit because no dealer would give you a written quote unless you signed. So in the end I got it from the dealer than gave me that quote. Then the 2nd dealer called back and I told him that they didn't want to give me a written quote. His words, "Yeah, I knew they wouldn't do that. Why don't you come in and I'll do a deal for you." I was thinking that he was not really professional to send me on a wild goose chase for an unobtainable piece of paper. Anyway, I then dropped the bombshell on him, "I couldn't get the quote, but I got the price and bought my car from that dealer". He then asked why did I buy so quickly without researching and all that jazz, but just told him that I had already done the research and wanted to buy, hence the reason I was going to dealers. At least in the end, he said that he was happy to service the car since he was located near where I live. Hehe. I still go back to the dealer than I bought from for service because they fixed my creaking problems.

Fr3aKi3
10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
39 500 is lower than rrp!!! so i'd say its a good price... lol

we got our 05 lux for rrp price with a few bits n pieces, so i'd say ur price is pretty good.

As for bad dealers, i didnt really have a good experience at peter warren (nsw)

narcoleptic
10-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Ones to avoid, I'd say****YFIN EDIT - removed dealership name - read T&C please***** Honnda where they are so used to rip people off, esp the Asians. If you are young and if you park your car around the coner without'em seeing what it is, they'd just simply ignore you in total.

Another one, would be the one down at ****YFIN EDIT - removed dealership name - read T&C please***** . They are just so arrogant because they think their location is next to the bigger European brands, thus pretending they are one of them.

Everyone has a problem with dealers unless you walk in with a stack of cash in hand, then you would be at a vantage point to negotiate. The sales would rather grab your cash today or risking to lose you by letting you go.

Good luck.

VirIIx
10-10-2005, 12:36 PM
The euro has been out for awhile now, i'd imagine they're quite flexible in pricing nowadays - especially since it's a car that's flooded the market and is close to nearly every 5th car i drive past :(

I took my manual lux 04 (April) for $43,500 otr, had mats, mud flaps, headlight protectors and a rear spoiler. Then had to wait for 1 month delayed delivery *cries*

$39,500 is like $4k less than mine.. and the fact it has dropped in RRP since i bought it, and i'm sure you can appreciate i have less than 4K worth of accessories on it as well. It's a damn good buy imo.

funny thing is... i'm planning to sell my euro and buy the 06 wrx :D

Fr3aKi3
10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Everyone has a problem with dealers unless you walk in with a stack of cash in hand, then you would be at a vantage point to negotiate. The sales would rather grab your cash today or risking to lose you by letting you go.

Good luck.

I guess that can be said about a lot of the dealerships out there but we had a very good experience at Rick Damelian, which is why we got our car from that place.

GMC
10-10-2005, 01:05 PM
You want the best deal then i suggest using www.privatefleet.com.au
you tell them exactly what you want, they go and submit tenders and get the best deal for you.
I recently purchased a lux euro, but i had connections :) got my auto, with spoiler, tint, headlight protectors, bonnect protector, mats otr for 44k neat.

VirIIx
10-10-2005, 01:18 PM
GMC, i went through a similar process for my Euro. i went through personal automotive (http://www.personalautomotive.com.au/). Excellent quote - better than any dealer at the time and car was delivered to my door step :)

Unfortunately they charge you for quotes now if you're not an existing customer, but for most vehicles they offered great prices.

msnealo
10-10-2005, 01:20 PM
You want the best deal then i suggest using www.privatefleet.com.au
you tell them exactly what you want, they go and submit tenders and get the best deal for you.
I recently purchased a lux euro, but i had connections :) got my auto, with spoiler, tint, headlight protectors, bonnect protector, mats otr for 44k neat.

I agree about privatefleet. I made an enquiry with them when I was looking at purchasing a Mazda3 SP23, they came back with a price of around $32500. I then thought if I'm spending that much I'd be better off buying a Euro and getting alot better car for my money.

Anyway after being told by Honda sales people that I'd be up for $38000 on the road for a standard I decided to novate lease it through my work and SMB www.novalease.com.au . SMB got me a price of $35500 on the road and I signed on the dotted line. The next day privatefleet rang me back to see if I was still looking at buying a car, when I told him I had bought a Euro I was informed he had just delivered one for another customer for $34800 on the road.
So they do get some good prices. :thumbsup:

msnealo
10-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Best price so far ive been able to offered is $39 500 black luxury without any extras, what you guys think of this deal?

Is that a manual on the road?

GMC
10-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah a novated lease is the way to go if your work is cool with it, i used fincar who sourced me a great rate, $190 a week repayment is only costing me $140 out of pocket...is great! Wouldn't consider buying another car any other way! Bless you johnny and the GST!

GMC
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I agree about privatefleet. I made an enquiry with them when I was looking at purchasing a Mazda3 SP23, they came back with a price of around $32500.
The next day privatefleet rang me back to see if I was still looking at buying a car, when I told him I had bought a Euro I was informed he had just delivered one for another customer for $34800 on the road.
So they do get some good prices. :thumbsup:

Private fleet did the same with me after i told them i already got the euro, i had $43,850 otr with the dealer, after my mate got private fleet to call me i rang back the dealer and said do 44k with the spoiler (spoiler is 950 or thereabouts) and you got a deal.
Private fleet rang back that arvo and said we could of done sub 43 i said yeah i pretty much got that anyway!

I was also looking at the Mazda SP23 and the base euro, but then i test drove the luxury....and it was a done deal!

silverabt
10-10-2005, 04:49 PM
what an attitude by the manager...dont ever deal there again mate!

tyao
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Does that include on road? I just bought my euro luxury 10 days ago with gold exhaust tips and rear spoiler for $41485, i also go the original chrome exhaust tips back. Bought in Rick Damelian Honda. I reckon the services there are very friendly and professional.

albii
10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi guys,

Just sold my wrx, an ive been researching the euro for months an latley been working on a few dealers for good price.

Also Westmore Honda at Indropilly in brisbane is the worst people to deal with, manger in charge shouted out BullSh*t when the salesman i was with went an told him i didnt feel like buying today,

Ive read though the other theads on deals an seams few people have had troubles at that dealer aswell.
go to northside honda.....no bullshit or wanker salespeople...got my standard for $33500 with tint, mats, bonnet protector on road.....plus kuma the honda bear and some sparkling white to go with it ...

REK13S
10-10-2005, 06:21 PM
a few people dont know good experience with that dealer

39 500 is lower than rrp!!! so i'd say its a good price... lol

we got our 05 lux for rrp price with a few bits n pieces, so i'd say ur price is pretty good.

As for bad dealers, i didnt really have a good experience at peter warren (nsw)

UNLS1
10-10-2005, 06:36 PM
if thats 39500 drive away take it! Im guessing its man!

take it from a dealer lol! thats a good deal!

PNR888
10-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi guys,

Also ****YFIN EDIT - removed dealership name - read T&C please***** brisbane is the worst people to deal with, manger in charge shouted out BullSh*t when the salesman i was with went an told him i didnt feel like buying today,

Welcome man! Happy to see another Brisbane member here. You must join us for the cruise next time.
$39500 sounds a good deal for Lux. I got mine Lux 6MT $45800 with Front lip, rear boot spoiler, tint, mats, 5 yr extended warranty. Deal was signed Sept 2003, didn't get the car til Mid Nov 2003.

Have you tried Blue Ribbon at Ipswich? or the Honda dealer at Cleveland? My friends had good deals there in the past..
You should ask the dealer to throw some freebies in if you sign the car now as MY06 may have some minor upgrades..(see bottom of page 10. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25295&page=10&pp=12)

Never go to ****YFIN EDIT - removed dealership name - read T&C please***** , I wont mention why, but you can read the posts in this thread (both bottom of page 1 and page 2) ****YFIN EDIT - removed dealership name - read T&C please***** (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18193&highlight=westmore)

Good Luck with your deal!

Euro05
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
You could also try Gold Coast Honda (Von Bibra). If you go there speak to Jim, he was great when I bought my Euro. Great price and great service, but thats just my experience. I also had a few bad experiences with other dealers when I was shopping around, just keep trying different dealers until you find one you are comfortable with. Good luck!

yfin
10-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Guys lets tone down any negative experiences please - this is a public forum. Prefer you don't name the individual dealerships if you think certain people are wankers, etc, etc.

Please read:
http://www.ozhonda.com/legal.php