PDA

View Full Version : EK Skirting

madgrk
05-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Hi!

Quick question to all GLi and VTiR owners.. Can you add VTiR skirting on a 4 door GLi? Not after a full bodykit for this car, just something subtle that still looks nice.

Any help is appreciated :)

Theo

EDIT: BTW its a 96 model, forgot to mention that :D

A'PEXi
05-03-2004, 04:41 PM
you can add the vtir front skirt if thats what your talking about, 4 door gli's come with standard side skirts so no need to change them.

wynode
05-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Is yours 4 door?

You could go for some ICE Boy side skirts which suite the 4 door Civic EG. Should fit the EK also.

madgrk
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah its a 4 door. The car isnt mine its my friends, but I want to get her the front skirt for her car. She wants to "make her car look cool" so I figure that would be a good way to start. Going to chop out her grille soon since her badge has been stolen lol. She has a chrome surround like A'PEXi's grille though, so i'd like to spray that white (her car is white) when I do the grille for her :)

Since the skirt will fit, i'll go check out for some prices and go get one for her :D

A'PEXi
05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
the vti-r skirt you are reffering to i don't believe honda stock, and they come specifically on ek4's.... so unless someone is selling theirs i think they are a bit hard to find... i've also heard people having problems finding the standard ctr style honda front skirt from honda australia, which comes painted in white. the grill should be ok, i think you should just buy a ek9 replica grill from SRS auto or something... or buy someone's grill from their EK Hatch... as EK Hatch grills have the chrome part you are reffering to painted... painting on chrome plastic isnt a very good idea i think...

madgrk
06-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah i'll have to do a bit of hunting for the skirt, but as for the grille i'll be sanding it down and then doing undercoats and a spray job over it. Once my old man gets his air compressor it'll be a 1 hour job for the spray :D

A'PEXi
06-03-2004, 01:47 PM
lol alright then :D pic us when done