PDA

View Full Version : Changing Rear Brake lights

pintorulz
11-10-2005, 02:07 PM
My rear brake light bulb burned out and i dont know how to replace it. Anyone know how to??

THanks

T-onedc2
11-10-2005, 11:16 PM
What model Integra first?

pintorulz
12-10-2005, 10:16 AM
1994 gsi!!!

Spunkymonkey
12-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Open your boot, and there is a little plastic panel where your brake lights are. Just pull this off ...and then you should be able to see the where the bulbs are...just twist and it will come out and replace and twist back into its place, put plastic panel back on and voila

lerroy
12-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Open your boot, and there is a little plastic panel where your brake lights are. Just pull this off ...and then you should be able to see the where the bulbs are...just twist and it will come out and replace and twist back into its place, put plastic panel back on and voila

well said

you wil get used to replacing them i seem to go through like 2 every 6 months

T-onedc2
12-10-2005, 08:19 PM
All you need to do is look at the 2 round plugs, press the centre pin, but not too far, carefully lift outer edge to remove and lift the rear of the housing away. Make sense? :thumbsup:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Tykie/integra.jpg

lerroy
12-10-2005, 08:28 PM
uh i think he meant the two side lights not the middle one
but either way that covers all bases :)

quangsta
12-10-2005, 08:30 PM

i believe SHE is talking about the main brake lights (the ones where the indicators are)

All you need to do is look at the 2 round plugs, press the centre pin, but not too far, carefully lift outer edge to remove and lift the rear of the housing away. Make sense? :thumbsup:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Tykie/integra.jpg

and as u can see from the pic these are the brake lights that sit on the rear window...

just thought ill tell u so u dont go trying to rip the wrong panel or twist something off that u shouldnt.....not that theres much to worry about in the boot buh yerr...

since the start of the year....i blew it like twice...maybe i shouldnt brake anymore and just take the corners harder to save the brake lights :rolleyes: :D

edit: spunkymonkey is a girl....

Spunkymonkey
12-10-2005, 08:41 PM
well said

you wil get used to replacing them i seem to go through like 2 every 6 months

really...you have to replace them that often....I've only replaced 2....in almost 5 years lol :)

lerroy
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM
nah its just my shit car they seem to get moisture and go

but yeah i have spoke to other teg owners that have changed them a few times

Spunkymonkey
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
i believe his talking about the main brake lights (the ones where the indicators are)

BTW I'm a girl....think I might have to change my signature again...cause I keep getting called dude and stuff lol...

lerroy
12-10-2005, 09:09 PM
isnt that red dwarf quote :P

and yeah sorry hard to tell online

Spunkymonkey
12-10-2005, 09:14 PM
isnt that red dwarf quote :P

and yeah sorry hard to tell online

yes it is....its ok lol....

Balk2K
21-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm trying to replace my brake lights with LEDs (they turn on 5 metres faster at 100 km/h, you know!)
Do you have to take the panel off which runs the length of the boot? There are the small panels on the side which only seem to access the indicators.

Andrew

Update: Can someone tell me how to remove this type of clip? The previous owner of my car took it from another place in the car and stuck it along the top of the boot.

Update: OK, I got that one out, but now I have one of the normal one with the centre bit in too far so that it won't come out. I really should try harder before I post!

destrukshn
21-07-2007, 12:49 PM
flat head screw driver, and pop it off.

ricki_kalsi
23-07-2007, 02:55 PM
How do you remove the boot panel in a DC2R, to get to the brake lights/reverse lights etc...? The corner panel's are easy... but how do you do the middle big peice. I don't want to break anything.

[RSX 03]
23-07-2007, 03:30 PM
read the manual dude.

ricki_kalsi
23-07-2007, 03:33 PM
LOL ohhh yeah... the manual.. hehe. LOL.

94dc2tegz
21-08-2007, 09:54 PM
haha, u guys got it easy compared to wat I went thru just to get to the rear lights. ( was swapping the altezza lights for OEM lights - look better imo) Anywho, probably took about 4 hours cuz i've got some custom made system in teh back which all had to be taken out b4 i could even reach the side panels (not to mention putting it all back and trying to figure out the cables.