PDA

View Full Version : Coilover sleaves + Koni Shocks

danni_d
11-10-2005, 10:22 PM
what do u guys think of coilover sleaves with koni shocks? do u think it's an ok idea? or does it put too much stress onto the shocks?

but these are koni shocks so it should be ok right?

barefootbonzai
11-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Depends on the type of sleeve. I've owned a set of koni coilovers, and it's pretty much just koni shocks with sleeves that fit perfectly on the shock with a grove and ring that holds up the sleeve. So if you get one the right size i dont see y it would work, and of course you need some nice springs to match.

danni_d
12-10-2005, 10:23 AM
does anyone else have their own personal opions of coilover sleaves and koni shocks?

kk_
12-10-2005, 10:30 AM
you can get Ground Control coilover sleeves that are made specifically to fit onto koni shocks, these are supposed to be a great combo as heaps of people in the us use them and swear by them....so yeh, get a set of sleeves that matches the shock well and there should be no prob

ekslut
12-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Personally I dont like the idea of them, might as well get a set of decent lower springs and use the adjustment the koni's have.

But I have heard some decent stuff about the sleaves. But I wouldn't be driving too hard with them though.

And make sure if you do decide to go sleeves, dont get e-bay ones. I have heard about many of these breaking.

ekslut
12-10-2005, 10:32 AM
you can get Ground Control coilover sleeves that are made specifically to fit onto koni shocks, these are supposed to be a great combo as heaps of people in the us use them and swear by them....so yeh, get a set of sleeves that matches the shock well and there should be no prob

Yeah, if you do decide to get sleaves, get ground control. These are the ones I have heard good things about.

BlitZ
12-10-2005, 11:05 AM
u can get the koni sleeves as mentioned by barefootbonzai (how in the heck did u generate this nick).........

they are i thikn 230 a pair and fir perfectly on konis and are made by konis...

with the sleeves u can get any spring u like... eg eibach,whiline whateva u want

barefootbonzai
12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Here I've got pics of my Koni Coilovers (from factory) Vs Koni Yellows with Ground Control sleeves and springs. As you can see the ground control setup with the koni yellows are very nice, and are pretty much very similar as the factory koni ones.

http://users.tpg.com.au/duydang/car/koni.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/duydang/car/fightex.jpg

danni_d
12-10-2005, 07:32 PM
thanks for the info guys :)

quangsta
14-10-2005, 11:12 PM
u have fightex coilovers??!!!!!! :wave:

barefootbonzai
15-10-2005, 12:23 AM
i surely do :)