PDA

View Full Version : Wiper problems

Javed
05-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Hi guys,

This might sound like a weird problem but here goes. My DC 2 integras wipers are basically rooted. When operating they will sweep basically till they hit the side sill of the windscreen or the bottom of the well where they sit (its hard to explain but they just go BANG BANG BANGfrom side to side at theur extremeties) I changed the blades themselves to no avail (it actually got worse and now the right hand side one goes past the windscreen and over the top hanging out in mid air which is not a pretty sight!) Now I am just wondering what I should do. I am guessing I need a new wiper assembly/motor but have no clue what this includes and how much it will cost. So any advice from u guys would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys you are legends!

Javed

totti
05-03-2004, 08:07 PM
check the 2 bolts/nuts at the bottom of the wipers.

If these are loose, that is your problem, so tighten them up and you'll be sweet 8)

Javed
06-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I tried that to no avail :( I am thinking something is wrong wioth the motor im gonna have a look at it today. I tightened the nuts as much as possible and it still kept hitting the pillars. Thanks anyways mate very much appreciated.

Javed

vti-2
06-03-2004, 12:05 PM
When operating they will sweep basically till they hit the side sill of the windscreen or the bottom of the well where they sit (its hard to explain but they just go BANG BANG BANGfrom side to side at theur extremeties) I changed the blades themselves to no avail (it actually got worse and now the right hand side one goes past the windscreen and over the top hanging out in mid air which is not a pretty sight!)

Your wipers are out of control! Get them fixed cause wipers doing speckies won't pull the ladies. :D

Seriously though, i would have thought it was just the nut that needed adjusting. I didn't know a screwed motor could do that to the wipers. :?:

wynode
06-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Wow THats funny stuff.

How long has this been hapening for? More importantly since wheN?

A'PEXi
06-03-2004, 01:55 PM
what happens on full speed? they do a 180 ?

Javed
06-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Haha guys, pulled the qiper plastic weather guard crap off today and got down to the nitty gritty. IT seems one of the ball joints on the wiper cam system thing that the motor operaties has shat itself with the rubber bushes all worn and stuff. I tried a little messing round and fixed the problem to a certain degree.Am going to a Hona wrecker this wednesday to see how much a new assembly will cost me (im guessing shitloads as the motor and the control arms etc are one unit). Otherwise maybe if i could get replacement rubber inserts and caps it would be fine. Anyways thanks for the help guys, oh and gettign that wiper crowl off is a pain in the ass! I hate Honda how they use their stupid clips that are impossible to get off! :P

vti-2
07-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Yeah, the caps are a pain in the ass to get off. The rear one is worst.

Good to hear you found the problem. Hopefully you don't have to go buy anything new from Honda cause you know they are gonna empty your wallet. :P

Javed
12-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Well guys i got a replacement assembly from the honda wreckers for $50 cos i gave them my old one, so i think thats pretty good hey? Works perfect! it was actually off an eg civic and was the exact same unit.

Thanks for that fellas,
Javed

dvsx
18-03-2010, 10:33 PM
il just use this thread, cbf starting a new one.

but my wipers resting position is off, like they sit a more than few cm's too high, i have to physically pull them back to the proper resting position after use. anyone know how to adjust it so it sits properly?

dvsx
21-03-2010, 06:47 PM
nobody know? :(

geeang
21-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Make sure wipers are turned off, then you undo the two bolts holding them down, take wipers off, then reinstall them in the correct resting position.

Bludger
22-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Haha guys, pulled the qiper plastic weather guard crap off today and got down to the nitty gritty. IT seems one of the ball joints on the wiper cam system thing that the motor operaties has shat itself with the rubber bushes all worn and stuff. I tried a little messing round and fixed the problem to a certain degree.Am going to a Hona wrecker this wednesday to see how much a new assembly will cost me (im guessing shitloads as the motor and the control arms etc are one unit). Otherwise maybe if i could get replacement rubber inserts and caps it would be fine. Anyways thanks for the help guys, oh and gettign that wiper crowl off is a pain in the ass! I hate Honda how they use their stupid clips that are impossible to get off! :Pyou won't need a whole new assembly.

just change those plastic caps.

search up some of my post cos i have detailed pictures when i did mine.

Bludger
22-03-2010, 06:25 AM
go to the wrecker and sneakily put some into your pocket.

Bludger
22-03-2010, 06:28 AM
click this link.

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2354088&postcount=39