PDA

View Full Version : respray job

jared
12-10-2005, 04:18 PM
hey just wondering cause the colour of my car is gold would it cost less respraying it in white then say light gree as it is a custom colour btw im leaving the engine bay and door jams untouched so would u reckon it would still cost around the 5000 mark...im not sanding it back meself as im way to busy
cheers

bigteethygrin
12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Personally i dont think the cost will vary.. though the quality of the job will definitely vary depending where you take it...

The sprayer will use a neutral primer coat over the top to kill the gold colour so that it wont show through to the new colour. That said I have seen many white cars where you can see the colour showing through on a sunny day because of a poor job. A good spray shop will use enough undercoat to completely drown out the old colour.

Hope this helps!

BLKEM1
12-10-2005, 05:45 PM
i want to know as well how much for a factory finish metalic black full spray cost in Sydney? Any reputable place you guys can recommand?

fly_vti
12-10-2005, 05:47 PM
you get what you pay for... cheap = cheap job expensive is good job. go to maddhater in penrith. they are pro's and can do candy colours aswell

jared
12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
yeh cheers for the input guys im not one after a cheap paint job but finish quality..do they still sand the car down to bear metal if its going to be white or just spray over the top of my gold colur after some primer coat has been appplied

GH05T
28-10-2005, 11:20 PM
as far as i know they will sand down a scratched or rusted aread and its always the same u get what u pay for. if u want the whole car to be baremetal sanded and redone fully then ur paying big $$$ but i dont need to BUT if its rusty lice roof surface rust for instance then u should sand it for obvious reasons

pashka
29-10-2005, 10:24 AM
why would u do white anyway? if u wanna spend some moneyon piant job do a proper job and do some custom colour or somthing and also spray inside the doors and boot

jared
29-10-2005, 03:51 PM
ahh yeh not doing it anymore by the way this thread is old did mention in another thread i was nt wasting that much money...just gonna fix up around me car