PDA

View Full Version : Any Type R owners with previous 5th gen ludes?

`OzLude
12-10-2005, 06:08 PM
hey i was just wondering if there was any teg type R owner's out there that have previously owned a 5th gen vti-R?..
and was wondering how they liked / disliked the change over if any?

because i was just wondering if a teg type R would be ALoT better than a vti-R 5th gen lude.

and also i saw specs on carsales and they pulled off same kW's.. so i was abit hmm =\ on that.. and was asking for opinions on people who have actually owned both or driven both???

thanks.

fly_vti
12-10-2005, 06:12 PM
ive driven both.. the lude is heavier, althought power might be same.. take it like this.. 1.8 vs 2.2 vtec and type r is still close right.. thats only 1.8 trust me.. its not just power. the type r has much more advanced braking,suspension and track handling. also its lighter, has recaros for comfort and can take a good thrashing. as they are designed for hardcore revving. TYPE R!!!! AL THE WAY :d:d:d

fly_vti
12-10-2005, 06:13 PM
THE 1.8 IS MAKING CLOSE POWER TO THE 2.2 SO. if i was you id take type r. on the quarter they are also faster. ludes are pimpin cars..

stevent
12-10-2005, 06:55 PM
there was a prelude vtir vs type r thread not long ago

also kw doesnt really mean shit so dont be comparing type r kw to a 5th gen...

bubblecivic
12-10-2005, 09:47 PM
It wouldn't be a worthwhile upgrade IMO. The lude is a very nice car and so is the integra, they are very similar so I wouldn't consider that option as an upgrade?

What are you after in a car?

ONV73C
13-10-2005, 12:53 AM
My old man owns a 5th Gen Vtir Prelude which i've driven many times, and i've driven my mates dc2r a number of times.

IMO they are both excellent cars and i enjoy driving both. However they are very different in both comforts and performance.

The main differences i note are -
*Dc2r is a harder, tighter ride suspension wise. Cornering is much more predictable and precise with the typr. However this is at a sacrifice to ride comfort obviously. The Lude is far more comfortable for the daily 'non race prone' driver. The Lude has a rather long front end too which place's u further back, giving a completely different visual feel also.
*Dc2r is faster in straight line performance. no doubt.
*Dc2r is has better fuel economy
*Lude back seat is tiny. Also it is difficult to haul anything large around due to there being no hatch. This is one thing I love about the integra's (they're almost like a small station wagon if u need them to be)
*If you are large or overweight you will dislike the recaro's in the dc2R
*Lude has sunroof, leather(most), climate control.

It all depends on what you wish to get from your car, what is more important to you.

no offence to any 5th Gen owners, but i refer to my Old man's car as "The mid-life crisis car."