PDA

View Full Version : 98 Accord Coupe - RHD ?

Mike_
12-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Did they make these accord coupe's in right hand drive? If they did, then im thinking I'll import one for my next car ;)

They aren't the prettiest but they can look mighty tough, and at least it would be incredibly original!

http://www.users.on.net/~mbywaters/accord-coupe/421228_44_full.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/~mbywaters/accord-coupe/421228_51_full.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/~mbywaters/accord-coupe/421228_66_full.jpg

Terry
12-10-2005, 11:57 PM
they have.........but Japan only......

Mike_
13-10-2005, 08:42 AM
surely you could import them then?

razaman
13-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Are you sure you can get the US 6th gen accord coupe in Japan?

The 6th gen accord in Japan is the CF series which is different to the accord released by honda in Aus, NZ and Japan.

There's also no mention of it on Honda's japanese website. In fact the last accord coupe sold in japan was the 5th gen.

I've never seen one in NZ, which is amazing considering we have millions of jap imports.

But I could be wrong, but I will need to see pics.:p

Raz

dundas
13-10-2005, 02:10 PM
looks bloody awesome man.. onli if ey,,,

hihidamon
13-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I dont think the coupe were ever builted in RHD. It was for the amercian market only.

Even if some of them were privately imported into Japan, they would have to be LHD I assume. Remember, LHD cars are allowed in Japan! Japanese thinks LHD are foreign and therefore of higher status - They drive LHD mercedes and BMWs too.

Mike_
14-10-2005, 01:08 PM
SO it's illegal to drive a LHD car in australia ?

razaman
14-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Not sure about the legalities, but what a pain in the ass it would be to drive a LHD vehicle.

Drive throughs, tolls, parking buildings, parallel parking, motorway passing, etc.

Raz

hihidamon
14-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I dont think the RTA/VicRoads would be willing to issue you a rego for a LHD car, UNLESS there is a special reason (special events, Foreign Diplomat Vechicles ..) for importing a LHD to Aust temporarily. Then they *might* consider exemptions on tests such as road worthliness, emmission etc, and hand out a temporary permit.

Having said that, I have seen some LHD cars around Sydney before, all very exotic cars like aston martins, with UK number plates on them!

hihidamon
14-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Not sure about the legalities, but what a pain in the ass it would be to drive a LHD vehicle.

Drive throughs, tolls, parking buildings, parallel parking, motorway passing, etc.

Raz
haha, I can imagine driving into the Harbour Bridge toll booth, being in the driver's seat (on the left), you've got to have a real loooong right arm to hand over $3 bucks to the puzzled operator.

With e-tags and everything these days, who needs to stop and pay for toll. Ooooch!, I can feel the pain talking about all these new toll roads around sydney....

dundas
14-10-2005, 10:22 PM
hey mike.. ive seen a few LHD around adelaide... we dont have tolls like them :D but those u-parks would be annoying geting out to grab a ticket :P and paying.

^_^

Mike_
15-10-2005, 12:23 PM
yeah true lol

wouldn't mind being the only person in australia to drive a LHD 6th gen accord coupe :D