PDA

View Full Version : some questions

pashka
12-10-2005, 10:14 PM
hi guys, i got 98 year CRX and have few questions :

1.that unichips i seen for sale, is it worth to buy or better wait and get apexi Vtech controller? also how much i am lookng to spend for instalation and tune?
2.how i can make my car go faster on low revs ? ( ts got good top end but at low revs its feels like a bit slow accelaration response )
3. with full exhaust with extractors,air intake,Vtech controller and cams how much power i can get out of b16a

thanks for any help :)

Qwooootz
12-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Do u have the B16a2 model?
If do.

1. Personally i think neither the unichip or the Apexi Vtec controller will do you any good unless youve done some internal work in your engine.

2. I think the Best way to get more short end torque is to stroke ur car to a 2L or change the block to a CRV block:D or do a b18b conversion hehe

3. I have no idea.. but youll definatley get more than standard:thumbsup: if done properly

pashka
12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
hmmmm i have no idea to be honest what sort of engine i got :D
its an 98 year model but
also do u reckon air intake pipe from ontera type r will fit on my b16a(2) :)

jackosimm
12-10-2005, 10:29 PM
you should have a B16A2

00' coupe
12-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Vtec controllers arent that useful as Qwoootz just mentioned...

when you race/give your car a hit, your car doesnt come down from 6krpm (unless your a big granny shifter)... thats if you go to 8krpm in each gear... so do you really wanna spend all that money doing a bigger block conversion to make better low end???

intake, cams, extractors, and exhaust will get you pretty good power... i wouldnt waste my time with vtec controllers or a bigger block unless you were going to do a lot more work...

pashka
12-10-2005, 11:03 PM
thanks fpr help then ill just waite with controller and just will do exhaust and intake for now
i think that type r intake pipe should fit to my car , i looked at the pictures of engine bays and the dosnt really looks different

Qwooootz
12-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Hrmm i was going to do the same, but i heard the ones from our cars are better??? or it was just a waste of $$ as all u get from it is a nice LOUD sound :cool:

pashka
13-10-2005, 10:16 PM
guys i connected air intake pipe today and its so loud , even on the idle u can hear how filter sucks tha air
anyways on my original pipe i hd that air hose connected and some sort of sensor as well but on that stainless steel pipe is only one hole for air hose so i just diskenected that senser and didt connected back but the car is seem running fine with no problems
does any one know what that sensor for?? and should i make custom hole in the pipe to connect it back?
please help
thanks

zco
13-10-2005, 10:24 PM
IF IM UNDERSTANDING YOU CORRENTLY..

that sensor is your oxygen sensor. it detects how much oxygen is going in and it will inject the fuel according the the air:fuel ratio to combust. so yeh. i think you should connect it.

pashka
13-10-2005, 11:08 PM
so people who is got that aluminium pipes, how did u connect them back? did u had to made custom holes?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Honda-Civic-Crx-EG-GLi-Si-VTi-air-intake-92-96_W0QQitemZ4581601479QQcategoryZ43807QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

if u look at this one (i got the same pipe) its got only one hole for hose too and that it, strange how they makes them i think they forgot about those sensors:)

mrwillz
14-10-2005, 12:29 AM
that no good.
look like ur rite, no o2 sensor hole.

Qwooootz
14-10-2005, 12:48 AM
you got the wrong pipe then u shud of got the one with the the 2 holes/

pashka
14-10-2005, 05:54 PM
nah i got 2 holes but hole for that sensor is way too small but anyways 2morrow i gonna get exhaust done so ill tell them to make that ole biggaer so i can fit that sensor on there :)

kayot1k
16-10-2005, 05:39 PM
i think the apexi VAFCII, unichip actually quite effective in achieving the extra few kw's at the wheels by corrected air/fuel mixture.
that is if, you have got headers/intake and all that sorta newbie mods done.
you notice that the vtec transition becomes more noticeable(aggressive etc..) after 'these' mods are done, not the best air/fuel mixture as you have changed honda's configurement.

apexi VAFCII/unichip and other piggybacks, good but definitely not bang for buck if your only playing in the minor leagues.