PDA

View Full Version : EK Civic Style Longetivity

**Ghost**
12-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Just wanted an opinion from you gusy on how long do u reckon the Ek/EM civics will last in terms of exterior looks b4 looking too old school.

In my opinion, the civic has aged well compared to same year small cars like the pulsar and corolla and mazda 323s

But considering that the EK/EMs stopped productioon in 2000, our car style is now 5 years old..

How long u guys reckon before we look outdated?

00' coupe
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
im hoping never... hehehe

im hoping for the em1 to turn into something like the 86 is now... hehehehe

hondar
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM
i reckon the coupe will be like ae86... lasting..

STTICH
12-10-2005, 11:03 PM
i reckon the hatch will probably last longer.. :)

tRipitaka
12-10-2005, 11:04 PM
it'll be outdated as soon as the new civic/odyssey/350z look takes over the whole car industry

notorious_ahmie
12-10-2005, 11:07 PM
i rkn our eks are gonna be sexy for quite a while...all these new gen cars in my opinion our butt ugly..there to big..

**Ghost**
12-10-2005, 11:07 PM
wot u mean the euro-style thing?

i wish some1 made an initial D cartoon with an EK4 that delivered pizza through Mt Fuji and caned all these GTRs, IS250s, etc etc....that way my resale value is assured

civtir
12-10-2005, 11:17 PM
wot u mean the euro-style thing?

i wish some1 made an initial D cartoon with an EK4 that delivered pizza through Mt Fuji and caned all these GTRs, IS250s, etc etc....that way my resale value is assured

hahaha i was thinking the same thing too....

EK civic, definitely one of the nicest lookin civics ever made by honda IMHO.

taizon
12-10-2005, 11:49 PM
hahaha i was thinking the same thing too....

EK civic, definitely one of the nicest lookin civics ever made by honda IMHO.

EG Civics are even nicer!!
they're over 10 years old n are stil rolling hot down the streets

tRipitaka
12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
gary..
here's an idea..
create the anime :thumbsup:
and give me 80% profit :thumbsup: :)

**Ghost**
12-10-2005, 11:59 PM
and wot would u give me in return for 80% profit anth? **wink wink**

Qwooootz
13-10-2005, 12:02 AM
ive thot about this lately too,, and that anime idea isnt a bad one hehehehe..

i think we have about another 3-5 years tops, unless these cars u see from beyond tommorow become released all of a sudden, i swear honda be doin something,, im hating the honda adds at the momment so boring, shud get marketers like toyota.. they got some shcmick adds.. or that citreon one.. hehe

anwyays yeahh EM1s will always be HAWT in my eyes..:o :rolleyes:

**Ghost**
13-10-2005, 12:04 AM
3-5 years? i was thinking longer... ffs egs are like 15 years old almost

i HATE recent honda adds...especially during the grand prix... they go... WE HAVE EXCITING FORMULA ONE GENETICS YO!!

and then they flash the honda models

mdx - boring
crv - boring
euro - not a sports car
civic - ghey
oddysey - boring

i'm like.......... wtf

mrwillz
13-10-2005, 09:56 AM
i only had my ek for about 6 mths but i still luv it more n more wenever i see it

egSi
13-10-2005, 10:10 AM
whats wrong with old school looks ffs?

**Ghost**
13-10-2005, 11:38 AM
in my opinion i dont want a car that looks ancient compared to the newer cars.....

even tho cars arent meant to be a fashion statement, u still dont wanna be driving something that old

but with that being said, style improvements have kinda hit a Plateau since the late 1990s... manufacturing processes, materials, etc have not as dramatically changed from the 1990s - 2000s as compared to 1980s -1990s for example

Qwooootz
13-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey ghost yeah, man why cant they do something more exciting,, its always "NEWS FROM HONDA"

hrmm 15 years, but that will make our car 20 years old..:o arnt Egs like just 5 years older..? I personally wud still love our gen, coz honda hasnt brought any nicer shapes of the civics yet and doubt that it will ever get as nice as most people have pointed out.

But if you were to ask the general social trends, im not to sure, with all these new features and all, its almost liek you dotn have to do up ur car..

BUt yeah im definatley keeping my EM1 till death, i even had passed down in buying a S2000 this year until i cud hand down my civic to my lilttle brother, so i can kinda keep both. hehe
Oh i think the s2000 shape will keep for awhile tho....:rolleyes:

13-10-2005, 01:07 PM
ek shape will go for as long as people keep modfiying them and with a good sense of style... im guessing longer than the eg's..(15 yrs.. hard to believe and still going good)

i fink the more stock colour your car the longer it will last. for example. wild graphics and paint jobs after a while get old and out of date which makes your car seem alot older than it might be

white or blk are good colours it seems, they make a car look newer even though they are ancient.

really depends who you talk to i guess. evryone's opinion is different on if a car is out of date of not.

either way ill be keeping my ek for as long as i can. i boought it for its shape and lines.