PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro rear bumper removal

Vtec_inside
13-10-2005, 01:26 AM
people i need to know how to remove the accord rear bumper anyone done it please give me some phtos on where the clips and srews are will be good cheers.

Gibbo
13-10-2005, 09:59 PM
from memory it is just the screws on the inside of the wheel arch and the screws that you can access from the inside of the boot throughthe removable panel. - it was a while since i did it but it only took about 15 min or so to figure it out and i dont think there was any clips that you could break anyway

Hoffy
14-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Once you have removed the screws and bolts you then need to pull the sides out by holding it at the wheel arch. The bumper clips in along under the rear lights. Hope that makes sense.

Vtec_inside
15-10-2005, 08:18 PM
any phtos will be good.

Hoffy
15-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Sorry. Haven't done it myself but I watched the guy who fitted my towbar so that I would know when I fit my reversing sensor. It's very simple. When you have the screws removed from the wheel arches you simply hold the bumper with both hands and pull it away from the car to the side. It will simply pull out of the clips. Don't be a fraid to pull a bit hard. You shouldn't break anthing. Onece both sides have been freed from the car you can then remove the whole bumper by pulling it from the back of the car. It's probably best to have someone else help so that don't drop it and scratch the paint. A piece of old carpet it good for laying it on. Good luck.

Vtec_inside
16-10-2005, 09:02 PM
it ok i did it today pretty simple just pop the 2 round clip off on the top of bumper. 2 10 mm bolts.

a few screws from underneather holding the wheel arch lining. Only bitch was breaking the 2 pop in clips which is a commmon probelms they bloddy useless, anyhow find some to replace from wrecker.