PDA

View Full Version : Boss Kit!

Newcivic
13-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Hello again ..

I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right section but anyways ..

I've just purcahsed a Momo 'race' steering wheel. When i called up Autobarn to ask them if they had a boss kit for my car they said we don't stock Boss kits for cars that have stock airbags.

I was wondering if you guys know where i could buy one? or does anyone have one for sale?
I have a 96 EK1

Thanks heaps guys :wave:

heist
13-10-2005, 09:56 AM
so u have a stock airbag?

it is illegal to change ur steering wheel to a non airbag wheel...

u need to get an aftermarket or OEM wheel with airbag (ie DC2R)

ekslut
13-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't say many places would stock boss kits for airbag equipped cars. Because not many people change them. I think you will have to get them to order it in for you.

And yeah, it is illegal to change from airbag to no airbag. And insurance won't cover you or payout in a accident.

My suggestion is sell up your momo and get a Civic Type R wheel.

fadz
13-10-2005, 10:20 AM
my air bag has already came out with the previous ownerr...is it stil illegal if i get a aftermarket one?

Newcivic
13-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Damn! so no places sell it ? :(

ekslut
13-10-2005, 10:53 AM
yep, if your car came equipped with a airbag, you must have one. You can change to another wheel as long as it has a airbag. At the moment I dont think there are any aftermarket airbag steering wheels.

iamhappy46
13-10-2005, 01:25 PM
If your car was fitted factory with an airbag and you remove it / had it replaced, expect a defect if the cops notice...
Plus insurance companies often use it as an excuse to not pay out on insurance policies, regardless of who was at fault. Which means if you have a new BMW M5 run into you and you not have an airbag, you'll be paying off a VERY BIG loan having to pay for both cars. The way insurance companies see it, is if your car is defective it should have not been on the road for the BMW M5 to run into...

aimre
13-10-2005, 03:34 PM
there are aftermarket mom wheels, infact momo makes one, though its somewhere round $600 if i remember correctly.

i say order one off ebay, look for sellers who sell bosskits with their wheels, and e0mail em asking if they have a boss kit for ur car. they had boss kits for my car, and my car came with airbags (not MY one but the ones that came out the following year did)

Newcivic
13-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Sweet thanks :)

jackosimm
13-10-2005, 09:14 PM
problem solved, try wtb section if you want to see if anyone is selling them:)