PDA

View Full Version : hrv cvt problems

shaun1982
13-10-2005, 04:24 PM
hey guys, im planning on getting a HRV, 2door auto.

can any one help e out about these problems the hrv has on the cvt auto,

something about loosing reverse or some thing, what years did the hrv had the problems, and how much to fix,

any info will help alot

thanks

Pogi
13-10-2005, 06:41 PM
hi champ

heres a honda hrv forum...http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/index.php?c=4

try there...sorry i cant be any more help but im not a member of those forums and i dont own a hrv :)

Campbell
13-10-2005, 10:55 PM
G'day,

I was told that, yes, there was a problem with the early series HR-V CVT, but that they were all identified and a minor modification was done under warranty.

This was from a lad who worked in Honda service and he was pretty confident about the fix. Our word direct from Honda Australia was that there were no consistent problems attributable to the cars themselves. Something about regular service with a Honda trained mechanic seems to eliminate any problems.

So check the logbook for ALL services and make sure that they were done by people who knew what they were doing.

HRV-80Y
14-10-2005, 10:06 AM
parents brought me n my sis a honda hrv back in 99...car lasted til march this year before my gear box totally went...

shaun1982
14-10-2005, 06:32 PM
well im worried, cause with my civic, i dont go to the honda dealer 2 service me car. i go to my local mechanic, so if i get a hrv, do i have 2 i repeat, have to go to a honda dealer,

either the hrv of 5th gen accord vtis auto

shehan
18-10-2005, 02:44 PM
ive got a manual HRv and find that the gearbox is fine.... i cant understand why there woul dbe any problems with the automatic...:confused: but then again i dont know much about it

Campbell
20-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi Shaun,

If your mechanic is Honda trained and been to the appropriate training seminars, then he is probably okay. If not, find one who is. In our club we've found that that makes a big difference.

Campbell