PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! :S

KiMcHee
12-09-2003, 08:29 AM
I have a 92 civic si and the crankshaft is stuffed due to bad mechanic
i wanna now get the b16a swap for it but my budget is tight and my parents dont allow unless it can be done for something within my range...anyone know where i can get a swap done in sydney or atleast get a cheap half cut??? I have another mechanic that can do it but the price they are getting everything for is heapz can anyone help me out???
PLZZZZ

aZZ
12-09-2003, 09:12 AM
B16A swaps usualy come out around 3-4K depending on what you can do your self and how cheap you can get things and things done.

wynode
12-09-2003, 09:37 AM
What is your budget?

Labour is usually around the 2-2.5K mark and a front cut (depending on the condition) ranges from around 2-3K.

Exepct anywhere between 4.5K - 5.5K for the complete conversion. There are a few place out there that will do it, but I'd only trust it to someone who has done quite a few Honda conversions.

PS: What happened to the crank?

KiMcHee
12-09-2003, 10:18 AM
i really dont know what happened to it
first the timing belt and power steering belts came off and the mechanic said crankshaft is farked
so he said he fixed it and now its really farked
the pulley fell off as i was driving it to another mechanic
so it needs a whole new crankshaft
and its a big job so i was thinknig maybe i can get an upgrade
but its expensive
and my parents are like why u want more power and all this crap

wynode
12-09-2003, 10:57 AM
I don't see how a pulley comming off can damage a crankshaft (unless you spun a bearing).

Do you trust this mechanic........because it sounds like he is taking you for a ride.

If you are in Sydney, I suggest you visit Robert at Hannys performance before doing anything else.