PDA

View Full Version : springs

bside
14-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Hey guys,

I want to have my springs in the front 2.5 and rear 2.75 dropped on my teg 98 gsi.

Just want to know if you guys could recommend me any places to get the springs+install done (IN SYDNEY) for a reasonable price?

How much for springs+install and what brand of springs?

Thanks.

kousoku
14-10-2005, 10:37 AM
best bet is to go out to whiteline, near macquari park.

goto www.whiteline.com.au

their products are fairly good, and are resonable priced.
they will also be able to install anyhting you want very professionaly

elim
18-10-2005, 07:54 PM
sorry to hijack your thread bside but since we're on the topic of springs, I have a concern.

MODS: feel free to del my post.

I understand people have mentioned eibach springs and koni yellow are good combos but my question is, do I need to purchase springs and shocks at the same time or can I buy springs now and 6 months later, buy the shocks ?
What I'm trying to get at is whether the springs will become 'shit' that in 6 months time when you buy shocks, it won't be as good as if you purchase both items at same time.

Hope my explanation/question is not confusing.

kousoku
18-10-2005, 08:09 PM
no no, your more likely to ruin your stock shocks as there would be more stress put on them due to higher rated springs.

so basically you can buy springs and use your stock shocks if you want, but more then likely they will wear out sooner then expected. For this reason it is also recommended to get shocks as well.

ITRBoI
18-10-2005, 08:12 PM
jumbo springs???? in heathcote

lerroy
18-10-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah the shocks will die over time with aftermarket springs

but doesnt really matter if you are gonna replace them in 6 months im sure they will last that long...lots of ppl get away with this heck im running crappy king springs ever since i bought the car although i want to change when money permits eheh

just save up for both a get them together as Kous Said :P

taizon
18-10-2005, 09:50 PM
are u worried about the brand?
what are u trying to achieve exactly?.. just lowering for the looks?..

King springs are probably the most common out there.
you can purchase those from places like.. autobarn, supercheap.. etc

places that can install them for you.. most known mechanics.. etc. JAX..
or rims/Tyres places.. Australia's best tyres.. u can check out www.tyres.com

There's also a place in Moorebank.. i think it is.. which have their own JUMBO springs which i was reffered to by someone from this forum.

your lookin from about $300ish + for installation and springs..
but, to get exact prices. you should giv them a call to get a quote

elim
18-10-2005, 09:56 PM
no no, your more likely to ruin your stock shocks as there would be more stress put on them due to higher rated springs.

so basically you can buy springs and use your stock shocks if you want, but more then likely they will wear out sooner then expected. For this reason it is also recommended to get shocks as well.

thanks champ, reason behind my question was basically if you're short on cash, springs now, shocks later.

bside: I hope this has been helpful in anyway for you lol.

bside
18-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. :thumbsup:

hmm im lowering for the looks, cornering and handling. I know that lowering doesn't improve everything by using springs, but thats another story.. I want a brand that that is durable and strong and will allow me to drop 2.5 inches in the front and 2.75 in the back.

I will look and call around some places.

Thanks guys. :D

are u worried about the brand?
what are u trying to achieve exactly?.. just lowering for the looks?..

King springs are probably the most common out there.
you can purchase those from places like.. autobarn, supercheap.. etc

places that can install them for you.. most known mechanics.. etc. JAX..
or rims/Tyres places.. Australia's best tyres.. u can check out www.tyres.com

There's also a place in Moorebank.. i think it is.. which have their own JUMBO springs which i was reffered to by someone from this forum.

your lookin from about $300ish + for installation and springs..
but, to get exact prices. you should giv them a call to get a quote

elim
19-10-2005, 07:23 AM
bside let me know how you go as I want to drop my car 3" all the way around, I've read mixed opinions on OH regarding both King springs and Jumbo springs hence I'm considering eibach just to be sure.

aozora
20-10-2005, 12:11 AM
bside let me know how you go as I want to drop my car 3" all the way around, I've read mixed opinions on OH regarding both King springs and Jumbo springs hence I'm considering eibach just to be sure.

King springs are fine... it's just that it seems people here base too much on brand name and not on the application required etc.

The price you pay for Eibachs, buy some Kings, then put the rest into swaybars (rear) and I guarantee a better result. :) I'm sure some sponsor here will jump on and tell you otherwise...

bside
21-10-2005, 08:45 AM

Yeah will let you know what i get. Im thinking of getting eibach springs. :D

fadz
21-10-2005, 09:12 AM
you want sum good springs...go for Lovels, my mate has em on his civic and has his car slammed 3 inch all over
, but ye wuld be better replacing shocks to...