PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai (discussion)

^^v
14-10-2005, 02:06 PM
its the final round ... noooooo T_T

and offcourse it signals the end of the V10 era! =/..

the constructors battle should come down to the wire (among other things :rolleyes: )... with Renault only ahead by 2 points... should be an interesting finale ...

oh btw boys... last round of tips for the f1 comp...! :D
good luck bahahaaa :thumbsup:

TwEigh
14-10-2005, 02:09 PM
yes last GP, and im going to get 8 points for the tip this time :p

Fisichella just spinned ahhaha
grid penalty for him probably.

^^v
14-10-2005, 02:11 PM
how do you know? ?_?... satellite tv?
all i knew is he stopped in s1... din know what happened though...
focken f1 Live timing ><

j3z3z
14-10-2005, 02:14 PM
"pedro de la rosa" was the fastes in 1st practice with a 1.33.463. rubens was 2nd in the mid 1.35s followed buy "zonta" kimi, m.s, jpm, alonso, webber also in the 1.35s then coulthard and button rounding out the top 10 times in the low 1.36's

TwEigh
14-10-2005, 02:14 PM
actually F1Central has comments in their live timing

j3z3z
14-10-2005, 02:17 PM
lol the practice is over just go to formula1.com and sign up with there live timing lol

j3z3z
14-10-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.jesterperformance.com/pics/f1.JPG
there you all go

TwEigh
14-10-2005, 09:38 PM
you just missed all my and ^^v points...

^^v
15-10-2005, 01:39 PM
hmmm BAR r sporting a new colour scheme this round...

i perfer the red...

http://www.barhondaf1.com/images/gallery/3048_800.jpg

bigteethygrin
16-10-2005, 05:02 PM
omg why did channel ten keep bill woods and neil crompton commentating!.. you could clearly hear the ITV commentators when they switched to short interviews but they instead chose to keep bill and neil who are pretty much the worst motorsport commentators I've ever heard!.. I mean even at the first safety car when montoya came in there was neil raising his voice saying "and in comes kimi!"

Interesting race and the strange events with the drainage grate popping up was phenominal but yeah woulda liked to hear what brundle had to say about all the events.

GRRRR!

Vivski
16-10-2005, 06:11 PM
What a stupid event. Never go back to Shanghai I reckon. The track is rubbish, the marshals are hopeless and there is no overtaking. How could they leave that stupid grate there? How dumb can you get!?!?

Well, that's the end for Sato. He had another shocking race.

That was possibly the most dull event of the season.
- Fisichella held everyone up so Alonso could effortlessly drive off into the distance.
- Raikonen should have stayed out and led the race instead of pitting under the SC.
. . He was almost 1s/lap faster than Alonso, so I'm sure he could've pulled a gap.
- Webber was stuck behind the driver infront of him the entire race.
- Montoya's bad luck continues when he was looking very good for a podium.

Interesting to see the difference between Webber and Button at the end of the race. As soon as Webber passed Rubens, he only took 1 lap to get onto the back of Massa whereas Button couldn't bridge the gap at all. Every race Webber finishes ahead of Button, I'll think back to the time Button paid Williams a stupidly big sum of money to stay at Honda.

I wonder if Sato's jump-start was driver error or a problem with the launch control system. Either way, with all the mistakes he's made in these last few races, I will be very surprised if someone pays him any money at all to drive their car next year.

Vivski
16-10-2005, 06:14 PM
How was Neil Crompton saying Karthikeyan crashed under the Safety Car? Not very observant commentary. It was obvious that Karthikeyan had understeered off into the barriers under green flag. A bad mistake on cold tyres, but not as stupid as crashing under Safety Car... like someone else did this race... not mentioning any names... :D :D :D

^^v
16-10-2005, 06:16 PM
omg why did channel ten keep bill woods and neil crompton commentating!..!
i reckon!
that kinda ruined the race for me ahahah...

anywayz wtf was with the drain issue... that focken sc altered the race quite a bit...
pissed me off.. u woulda thought the circuit officials woulda fixed the problem by now.... considering something similar happened when the bogan cars were up there...
bit of a joke!

interesting to note the pace of the Saubers n Red bulls... wuz quite suprising..
and webber lolz.. not bad not bad ...

nothing more to add... except the SC played into the hands of Alonso...

oh well..... lookin foward to '06 season... :wave:

Vivski
16-10-2005, 06:18 PM
The tipping was good for me! I knew Kimi and Juan would be held up by Fisi, but I was the only one to tip Alonso for the win!
I got 3 tips right, but not enough to catch ^^v. :( Well done though ^^v, good tipping.

LUD02C
16-10-2005, 06:23 PM
STOP BAGGING BILL AND NEIL.
Bill was saying some of the funniest things I've heard, and the one that takes the cake was "Thats not the only thing Sato is finding hard, wait till the end of the season when he doesn't have a drive" (or something like that)

I couldn't stop laughing.
Nearly as funny when Martin said (at Suzuka last week) "Sato must have cast iron wishbones" HA HA HA

Sato again proved why he should be in F1 :D
Michael, Michael oh Michael.
At least he took the blame saying cold tyres and he hit the brakes and then the Ferrari just went for a spin.

What I don't understand is this, 2 weeks prior to the Lexmark Indy 300, the Queensland Government goes around to all the drainage grates and welds them and then checks them again before the race cars go on the track.

Now why don't the Chinese do the same?
I'm with Vivski is right, dump China its rubbish!

Alonso had a great race, listening to him sing Queen was weird.
Kimi had a problerm with his brakes, noticed it around the 20th lap so obvious.

Bad race in my opinion.

Highlight.

Webber beating that dumb Brit Jenson again.
All you anti Webber people, SUCK MY BALLS!

^^v
16-10-2005, 06:24 PM
tips...

Last edited by Vivski : Today at 03:56 PM.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
lolz u had 4 mins to spare...:thumbsup:

ahahaha anywayz thankz moite... wuz biting my nails a bit .. i knew u had Alonso as commin 1st... wasn’t sure on ur other tips though …

anywayz good tipping everyone :thumbsup: :wave:
lets look foward to another year of tipping ahaha...

^^v
16-10-2005, 06:28 PM
STOP BAGGING BILL AND NEIL.
Bill was saying some of the funniest things I've heard...
but its just not the same without James...
he has got to be the funniest dude ever.... i still remember at Bahrain.. when de la rossa kept running wide ... "hes heading towards Saudi Arabia".. ahaha...

bigteethygrin
16-10-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah and bill.. i mean you can see how much he struggles with the concepts and terminology.

poor mchael.. was a very long long walk back!

Vivski
16-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I was thinking today that Ten could really do with a good experienced F1 commentator. Neil is quite good, but his F1 insight isn't as indepth as his V8 knowledge (which I thought was great during Bathurst). But I dont know who would be up for the job.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
lolz u had 4 mins to spare...:thumbsup:
Yep, I heard about Michael's pre-race meeting with Christijan Albers and *ran* to my room to change the tips. Earnt me one extra point, but not enough. :( Woulda been better if not for that stupid grate and the subsequent Safety Car, but hey, if not for the SC, Kimi might've won.

7th Gen
16-10-2005, 08:00 PM
billy woods is alright, don't knock him too much
live telly is a challenge at most times but he seems to be able to handle it well

cromley is the techy
woodsy is ten's main motorsport guy so of course he gets the gig

btw saw cromley interview sarah o'hare and cathy freeman at the motor show on thurs (industry day)

agree that that race was a disgrace, esp. compared to the brilliance of last week. so funny watching the marshalls firstly kicking the bits of the busted jordan out of the way, then getting the brooms out. china is an interesting track (that first turn is a doozy) but drainage grates and shit like that really need to be fixed up. really need to get the act together

so who won the tipping comp?!?!??

TwEigh
16-10-2005, 08:03 PM
again webber fluking top 8 position for the second time in a row. (last GP was because of pitstop, now safetycars)
btw suprisingly button still beat webber in constructor haha gg

A stupid GP i would say..
and great young Klien in 5th position beating david tryhard

and Schumacher!! couldnt brake properlly in the cold tyres!
thats the same situation when sato hit him due to cold tyres.
Michael must be getting his karma
even funnier if he crashed into the sauber infront of him

and congrat to ^^v for winning f1 comp :thumbsup:

j3z3z
16-10-2005, 08:20 PM
:( unfortunately i missed the f1 2 laps after the safety car pulled in to the pits! But i got to see a telegraph pole falling to the ground out the front of my house as a mazda bravo got t boned by a comodore in the wet weather. Guess you are all saying the race was crap so i guess i didnt really miss much. Car crash was good tho

redliner
16-10-2005, 09:39 PM
anywayz chinese circuit sux... as if having drainage bits flying off... half of the race was with safty car.

jackosimm
16-10-2005, 09:40 PM
omg why did channel ten keep bill woods and neil crompton commentating!..

I know what your talking about, it just isnt the same without martin and james.

j3z3z
16-10-2005, 09:50 PM
I Vote We Bring Back Murray Walker!!!!!