PDA

View Full Version : EBAY racing chips are they any good and r they safe???

locote
15-10-2005, 11:51 PM
any one heard or used 1 on a car???
what results they get.

bennyBear
16-10-2005, 01:15 AM
They are usually just an intake mod mate, a simple resistor that tricks your ecu into thinking it is sucking in cold air even if it's not, therefore retards timing. Majority of them dont do shit, most can be harmfull to your engine!!!!!

Don't cheap out on anything to do with your ride's brain mate, not worth the headache

ProECU
16-10-2005, 01:21 AM
hmm, i dont think he was referring to the resistor trick.

The ebay chips are just generic honda programs, modified to give you the impression of better performance, typically by raising redline and altering vtec.

Not worth a damn in my view. Get your car tuned properly.

lazymofo
16-10-2005, 01:41 AM
ebay racing chips....haha sounds dodge!

locote
16-10-2005, 01:44 AM
i had it tuned with a safc2 but it feels likeive gona backwards since tune.
it felt quiker before tune.
is there any way of turning them off and on i just wanna test having a few runs with it of when im at drags next time.

locote
16-10-2005, 01:46 AM
the chips are claimed to be copies or mugen spoon and jun programs.
http://search.ebay.com.au/honda-racing-chips_W0QQflocZ1QQfromZR41QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfstype Z1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrexpZWD2SQQssPageNameZWD2S
have a look

ngupil
16-10-2005, 02:33 AM
I would not dare to even try it. It normally cost you around $1000+. In ebay however, some are only $20. dont be fooled in buying this kind of cheap stuff. price is a good indicator of what sort of quality of the stuff that you are going to buy.

If you are interested in buying performance enhancing chip, i recommend you to go to www.powerchip.com

locote
16-10-2005, 10:52 AM
powerchip dont make chips for integra

hondar
17-10-2005, 12:29 AM
dont ever try this ebay chip. imagine if this is supposedly will make your car faster and cost you $20 bucks? to tune your car will cost a couple of hundred dollars.

if it is too cheap, your alarm bell should start ringing as well.

Flanderz
17-10-2005, 10:46 AM
the resistor trick has been around for ages, they charge around $15 for a 10c resistor that tricks ur ecu into thinking its getting cold air. My mate just bought one for is EA flacon lol, I told him not to but meh, hes a mechanic lol. Made a small difference in power and fuel consumption. My question is can the resistor trick harm ur engine & how??? obviously the ecu needs to know when its sucking hot/cold air (its designed like that) but for what reason???

tinkerbell
17-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Ha ha ha and LOL,

i bought 4 chips from a reputable chip burner in the USA (not ebay) a spoon, a mugen, a mugen n1 and a toda one.

on the dyno, they all put more power out, and the mugen one absolutly screamed.

this was in an OBD0 situation with B20VTEC.

a reprogrammed chip + VAFC or SAFC is good value for money...

i still have the obd0 chips around, i accidently zapped one with static though, doh!

tinkerbell
17-10-2005, 11:03 AM
btw - i paid $15 ea for the chips i bought.

here is the site i got it from, http://www.hyperducktuning.com/

after 3 years he is still in business, so he must have half a clue (i researched the internet heavily before getting the chips - he had great reputation on honda-tech.com)

joyride
17-10-2005, 03:18 PM
powerchip dont make chips for integra
then why dont you try unichip?

ACTI0NMAN-1
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
i have a chip burner, the chips are only $5 and takes 10sec to burn a chip.