PDA

View Full Version : Twin Weber for 18 B engine

krisnatama
16-10-2005, 03:22 AM
I am wondering if it is possible to use twin weber carb for B18 engine, the proposed used of this engine is drag race, with
1. High lift and duration cam
2. 4030 Eagle Cranks + Rods
3. Wiseco pistons
4. What else, please help me other things that I need

Burning questions, can this carby set up fit and give extra HP...?

Please share some info....

thanks

bennjamin
16-10-2005, 09:56 AM
im sure you can make something custom up in any reputeable shop , using a modified stock inlet manifold + gasket - but why ? For one - AFAIK - there is no legal class for 1980ish+ 4 cylinder cars with carbs ? And the money spent would yield impressive results from a EFI setup...

tinkerbell
16-10-2005, 10:33 AM
why not use quad carbies?

http://www.showandgo.com.au/pic/fcrs1.jpg

i was going to put keihin FCR's on my Prelude before i decided to go witha B16A

http://www.showandgo.com.au/carbie/carb1_bf.html

so if it is for drag only, it can work, but i would suggest you go over to some USA forums because people over there have actually tried it...

ALLMTR996
16-10-2005, 12:25 PM
I am wondering if it is possible to use twin weber carb for B18 engine, the proposed used of this engine is drag race, with
1. High lift and duration cam
2. 4030 Eagle Cranks + Rods
3. Wiseco pistons
4. What else, please help me other things that I need

Burning questions, can this carby set up fit and give extra HP...?

Please share some info....

thanks
Carby's work very well if you can get someone to tune them correctly just look at BISI in the States he runs webers and a single cam motor in his ALLMTR car.
ALLMTR996

EfiOz
16-10-2005, 12:58 PM
But dual Webers would set you back nearly as much as an EFI setup and they're a pig to tune.

tinkerbell
16-10-2005, 01:36 PM
But dual Webers would set you back nearly as much as an EFI setup and they're a pig to tune.

i cant see where he asked about cost?

i see he is asking about making power in a drag engine :wave:

cost and tuning would be secondary concerns IMO to power output...

iamhappy46
16-10-2005, 02:52 PM
A set of Spoon/TODA quad throttle bodies would be the way to go.
If you have the EFI setup there, you may as well use it.
Your car would also retain some street driveability, so no need for a trailer.
www.efihardware.com.au should also be able to supply them, with some mods.

ALLMTR996
16-10-2005, 04:11 PM
A set of Spoon/TODA quad throttle bodies would be the way to go.
If you have the EFI setup there, you may as well use it.
Your car would also retain some street driveability, so no need for a trailer.
www.efihardware.com.au should also be able to supply them, with some mods.
Where did krisnatama ask for info on an EFI setup he asked if weber carby's would work for his setup as a drag race engine.
ALLMTR996

ALLMTR996
16-10-2005, 07:31 PM
How do you figure that one, please quote me up on that I would like to see how you worked that out.
ALLMTR996

Usual Suspect
16-10-2005, 08:42 PM
why not use quad carbies?

http://www.showandgo.com.au/pic/fcrs1.jpg

i was going to put keihin FCR's on my Prelude before i decided to go witha B16A

http://www.showandgo.com.au/carbie/carb1_bf.html

so if it is for drag only, it can work, but i would suggest you go over to some USA forums because people over there have actually tried it...

Can these be applied to all 4cyl's? Depening on cost, might get these instead of a weber for my car.

Eclipsor
16-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Lots of info on carbs on hondas in this thread on d-series. http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23877

I know it's for d series but I dunno. Some of it might prove useful. There is also good references to other sites about carbs on hondas. gl. Post up details on anything you do :).

krisnatama
17-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Dear All,

Thanks for all of your good comments, I think I'd better tell a bit more on the background of the question,

It happens to be that I have a good price of Honda B18 4030 Crank, and rods, besides, I also get a good price of camshaft & valve spring (incl. valve), and pistons.

I currently do not have a complete engine, thats why also do not have the computer and EFI, and at the moment I still have a twin 45 weber.

I am going to buy a block & heads, but not the computer, because I do not think buying an ECU will be a good option (I still have weber), unless you guys tell me that, EFI is the best, then I might consider to use a stand alone computer...

bennjamin
17-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Who will tune it for you ? What about all other sensors that keep the engine running ? How will these reflect back to the running of the engine without any electronic control ? Older carb'd hondas still have a ECU for management

iamhappy46
17-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah, for one... How are you going to run your ignition/distributor?? They are a sealed unit! No vacuum advance here...
Also, a properly setup EFI system will allow more consistent times in drag racing. Imagine having to re-tune the carbs for intake temp differences, etc
If your serious about drag racing this engine, do it right... That is why I suggested EFI Quad throttle bodies, they kick @ss.
Will post a link to some pics of quad throttle kits.

BiGANG
18-10-2005, 09:46 AM
the person to ask would be online i think. i remember him saying something about putting carbs on a zc motor and put it into a 70's civic a long time ago. He should be able to tell u about whats involved i think..

EfiOz
18-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah, for one... How are you going to run your ignition/distributor?? They are a sealed unit! No vacuum advance here...

You can always cut down a Mallory twin point distributor if you really want to go retro. :D

Link to quad throttle setups. www.jenvey.co.uk